What's new

Hamilton Goldline

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Mine was "Hopper time out". Some old timers will remember how much of an issue it was when crooks would access the payout switch and jackpot the hopper. The simple fix, was to cut the white wire in the harness. This would render the switch useless until the wire was reconnected. Little did I know, that the switch still had to be in the off position, because legitimate payouts would turn into jackpots and trigger a "Hopper time out" error. I turned my switch off, problem solved.
I have had that error before, only on the goldline, not my changer in the laundry.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You say the problem follows the hopper!? There is a stamped letter on the hopper wheel q for quarters, d for dollar coin. You should see which one is installed in the hopper. And while in there, rotate the motor with a few coins in the slots to see that the payout switch is clicking twice each way as a coin rolls underneath the switch.

Randy

Reaction score
Model # is 11-0101, I bought it from Hamilton. I tried switching hoppers already and the error follows.
If the problem follows the Hopper it's a pretty good sign that your problem is in the Hopper. It might still be on warranty, call Hamilton and ask. Also do what JGinther advised, pull thecover off theHopper and check to see what the stamp code is on the wheel, It should be "G", Golden Dollars is a "G" and if it's a "T" that's for a large 11/8" token. What happened to the Hopper that in the ACW before you bought this one?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
So yesterday I messed with it again, first time in months. I haven’t checked the wheel yet because I just read these replies. I will check the wheel today and reply.

- put a dollar bill in hit refund get $6.75 back in change.
-put $5 bill in hit refund get $6.75 in change
-$10 & $20 bill same
-Put a $10 bill in for $9 wash get $6.75 in change etc etc

all of these disable the wash with a hopper timeout error !!!

I then called Hamilton and they want me to switch the good controller from bay 1 to this machine to see if it follows. If not they think it’s the distribution panel or wire harness. ( which both worked properly when I took out the old controller to install the new controller for the app)

MEP001

Reaction score
Hopper timeout error means the hopper is the problem. It's possible a controller or harness issue is keeping the hopper signal from reaching the hopper, but swapping the hopper is the easiest, fastest thing to try.

Randy

Reaction score
So yesterday I messed with it again, first time in months. I haven’t checked the wheel yet because I just read these replies. I will check the wheel today and reply.

- put a dollar bill in hit refund get $6.75 back in change.
-put $5 bill in hit refund get $6.75 in change
-$10 & $20 bill same
-Put a $10 bill in for $9 wash get $6.75 in change etc etc

all of these disable the wash with a hopper timeout error !!!

I then called Hamilton and they want me to switch the good controller from bay 1 to this machine to see if it follows. If not they think it’s the distribution panel or wire harness. ( which both worked properly when I took out the old controller to install the new controller for the app)
Did you happen to tell Hamilton that you've moved the Hopper to the other Goldline ACW and the problem went with the Hopper? If you did move the Hopper to the other ACW and the problem went with the hopper then the problem is with the Hopper.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Hopper timeout error means the hopper is the problem. It's possible a controller or harness issue is keeping the hopper signal from reaching the hopper, but swapping the hopper is the easiest, fastest thing to try.
MEP I put a working hopper from the other auto cashier and I am still getting a hopper timeout error.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Did you happen to tell Hamilton that you've moved the Hopper to the other Goldline ACW and the problem went with the Hopper? If you did move the Hopper to the other ACW and the problem went with the hopper then the problem is with the Hopper.
Randy I sent you some pictures, I put the working hopper from the other auto cashier in the machine and I am still getting the “hopper timeout error”

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
We took a rainy day today and swapped parts for two hours. Problem was a bad distribution panel. Thanks everyone for all your input. Hope this helps others in the future.

G Treasure

Reaction score
LOL! Powering the ACW down and turning it back on isn't fixing the problem. You need to acknowledge the error and then fix whatever caused the shutdown error. My best suggestion is to call Hamilton tech support. Who did you buy this new Hopper from? Like JGinther said are you sure it's a Quarter Hopper? What's the part number of the Hopper? It should be #11-0101. Push the upper Red button one time and look at the display on the door, it will show what the error is. Push the Red button one more time and it will clear the error.
We just bought 2 as well the top red buttom does nothing have to reset with hand held i am disappointed in Hamilton very littl change in tech the 15 year old acw has the same manual and much of it doesn't apply to the new acw. Both new acw were buggy many hours trying to make work correctly no plug and play for these guy's