What's new

Hamilton Goldline

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I have a couple 18 year old Hamilton goldline auto cashiers. I replaced both with new controllers last year for the new Hamilton app. In one machine I haven’t been able to accept cash for months because the hopper pays out too much change. If you put in a $1 and hit refund it gives you $6.75 in change. If you put in $10 for a $9 wash it gives too much change. Put in a $5 and push refund too much change. Any ideas what it might be? Hopper is new and the distribution board has been sent back and updated recently. Any help is appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it paying out and shutting down with an error? When you press the yellow controller button it will tell you why it shut down.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Yes it shuts down the wash but the new controllers dont have a yellow button that tells you the error

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Do you have the right hopper contents programmed in the cashier? Otherwise, maybe the payout switch is not set right or you have the wrong hopper wheel.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a couple 18 year old Hamilton goldline auto cashiers. I replaced both with new controllers last year for the new Hamilton app. In one machine I haven’t been able to accept cash for months because the hopper pays out too much change. If you put in a $1 and hit refund it gives you $6.75 in change. If you put in $10 for a $9 wash it gives too much change. Put in a $5 and push refund too much change. Any ideas what it might be? Hopper is new and the distribution board has been sent back and updated recently. Any help is appreciated.
When you get these shut down errors and you push the top Red button on top of the controller to acknowledge the error what does the display on the door say? From everything you've said it sounds to me like you have a bad Hopper payout switch in your new Hopper. Have you contacted Hamilton for help?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Do you have the right hopper contents programmed in the cashier? Otherwise, maybe the payout switch is not set right or you have the wrong hopper wheel.
When you get these shut down errors and you push the top Red button on top of the controller to acknowledge the error what does the display on the door say? From everything you've said it sounds to me like you have a bad Hopper payout switch in your new Hopper. Have you contacted Hamilton for help?
I worked with Hamilton on this for quite some time, we never messed with the buttons they wanted me to replace the wire harness’s that worked properly with the old controller and new hopper. It all worked fine until I put in the new controller. Does the top red button on the new controllers show the error?

Randy

Reaction score
LOL! Powering the ACW down and turning it back on isn't fixing the problem. You need to acknowledge the error and then fix whatever caused the shutdown error. My best suggestion is to call Hamilton tech support. Who did you buy this new Hopper from? Like JGinther said are you sure it's a Quarter Hopper? What's the part number of the Hopper? It should be #11-0101. Push the upper Red button one time and look at the display on the door, it will show what the error is. Push the Red button one more time and it will clear the error.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
That $6.75 payout sounds like the right amount the hopper motor will run and time out if the controller isn't getting the coin pulses while it dispenses coins. I've seen that exact thing happen before. Sounds like someone new at Hamilton doesn't know how to guide you, or this new controller is a joke. Have they not provided you with any sort of manual? Surely if it's all Hamilton hardware there must be a way to acknowledge and clear the error instead of just clearing it. The error will tell you what's wrong, the manual will tell you haw to read the error.

Randy

Reaction score
Push the upper Red button on the controller one time and look at the display on the door, it will show what the error is. Push the Red button one more time and it will clear the error. I'll almost bet he's got the wrong hopper installed.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
That $6.75 payout sounds like the right amount the hopper motor will run and time out if the controller isn't getting the coin pulses while it dispenses coins. I've seen that exact thing happen before. Sounds like someone new at Hamilton doesn't know how to guide you, or this new controller is a joke. Have they not provided you with any sort of manual? Surely if it's all Hamilton hardware there must be a way to acknowledge and clear the error instead of just clearing it. The error will tell you what's wrong, the manual will tell you haw to read the error.
So you have heard of this $6.75 payout before? the first controller I had did it, I sent it back and the other one they sent did the same thing. We pondered this for weeks than I gave up. Don’t know where to start? I have talked to several people at tech support, no luck.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not a payout I've seen, it's a hopper timeout.

Did you not get any kind of manual with the controller upgrade?

Randy

Reaction score
So you have heard of this $6.75 payout before? the first controller I had did it, I sent it back and the other one they sent did the same thing. We pondered this for weeks than I gave up. Don’t know where to start? I have talked to several people at tech support, no luck.
Ok try this. Take the Hopper out of the other Goldline ACW that works and put the hopper thats paying ou to much and see if the problem goes with the Hopper or stays at the machine that's paying to much money. How's the new app working for you?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Mine was "Hopper time out". Some old timers will remember how much of an issue it was when crooks would access the payout switch and jackpot the hopper. The simple fix, was to cut the white wire in the harness. This would render the switch useless until the wire was reconnected. Little did I know, that the switch still had to be in the off position, because legitimate payouts would turn into jackpots and trigger a "Hopper time out" error. I turned my switch off, problem solved.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Ok try this. Take the Hopper out of the other Goldline ACW that works and put the hopper thats paying ou to much and see if the problem goes with the Hopper or stays at the machine that's paying to much money. How's the new app working for you?
Model # is 11-0101, I bought it from Hamilton. I tried switching hoppers already and the error follows.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
The new app is not doing what I expected.