What's new

Hamilton Goldline with Crypto Pay Locking Up

water guy

Reaction score
Our Hamilton Goldline Credit card Swiper has been converted to Crypto pay every couple of weeks it locks up and says Purchase is Complete. Carwash in Use. and Swiper just shows green LEDs.Ive contacted Crypto Pay and they said nothing is wrong on there end .So I've contacted Hamilton just waiting to hear back from them.Has anyone had this problem with there conversion?

MEP001

Reaction score
You probably have paid washes stacked.

Randy

Reaction score
Our Hamilton Goldline Credit card Swiper has been converted to Crypto pay every couple of weeks it locks up and says Purchase is Complete. Carwash in Use. and Swiper just shows green LEDs.Ive contacted Crypto Pay and they said nothing is wrong on there end .So I've contacted Hamilton just waiting to hear back from them.Has anyone had this problem with there conversion?
What do you have to do to get it work again?

water guy

Reaction score
Well I never was able to talk to Hamilton. So when I was there I issued a free wash from my Razor Touch Screen. The customer went through and started washing when I walked up and seen the screen on the Hamilton Goldline and it said Carwash in Use Purchase complete. so I had to power down the Goldline twice and it came back up

soonermajic

Reaction score
Si, is it back working, & is that what you have to do each time?

Damoni88

Reaction score
Had the same issue with razor 3. Turn machine off for 2 mins and power it back up. Also check your goldline to make sure stacking is enabled.

waright

Reaction score
Is this a new style goldline? (the one that has to have the handheld programmer to program all settings). If it is, then yes Cryptopay and the Goldline don't work quite right all the time. they lock up and have to be reset. I sold two new goldline autocashiers last year. we ordered them without credit card, then installed cryptopay. Every so often they lock up and say "purchase is complete". These units are installed 90 miles apart from each other. one is connected to a razor and one is connected to a D&S 5000. same issue at both locations.

I was kinda dissapointed in Hamilton with their new style Goldlines. You have to use a credit card handheld programmer to set them up. They also changed all of their programming terminology, so it was confusing to program. They also did not have a manual for these units at that time (one unit came with a older goldline manual that said to use the buttons on the controller, and one came with an htk manual???) so took phone calls to them to set up initially. Plus, you could no longer get access to any counts from the goldline. Hamilton said they were still working on that.

To be fair, Hamilton did take all the calls from my customer and myself on this "purchase is complete" message problem. they started several case studies for my customers to help identify the problem. Hamilton was a little "stand-off ish" because cryptopay was installed on these units, but not to the point where they wouldnt help us. Their customer support is really top notch for our industry and i do appreciate that, even though i was dissapointed in these goldlines.

Anyway, sorry to be off topic a little. At one location, Hamilton had the customer change a setting that, to my knowledge, has eliminated their "purchase is complete" problem. or at least it has covered up the problem. Supposedly Hamilton set the Goldline to reset itself every so often. Not 100% sure but it might have been a drive off timer setting. and i also have a note about unplugging #18, but not sure what that means. maybe this can help you .

water guy

Reaction score
Had the same problem sometimes during the weekend .and had to reboot I didn't like doing that so often .I called Hamilton and spoke with a tech and told him the problem and he said he would call me back but never did so I called early Monday and spoke with Les and actually admitted that there is problem. we just changed our controller and he said that's he thinks that is the problem but no guarantees he said if that does not work its possible the relay pan and something else total cost over a 1k.Not impressed with Hamilton.He had said our old controller never noticed the pulse coming from the razor because it was older.I was wondering if I sent my old controller to RDM and had rebuild if possibly it would resolve the problem. also he said instead of reboot move toggle switch from a to p and back. we definitely need to all get together on This Problem .Anyone can PM me and get my number if we need to talk about this or just swap info cause we are all in this poop together.

MEP001

Reaction score
If switching from A to P and back solves it without rebooting anything, it's still pointing to a stacked wash issue.

waright

Reaction score
when i was working on this problem, it was not a stacking issue. switching from active to passive didnt do anything. i have also manually pulsed the goldline escrow signal from the wash controller, with no results. the only way to clear our "purchase is complete" message was to cycle power.

its important to note that I installed 2 different goldlines, on two different automatics, 90 miles apart from each other. the D&S uses a "wash in use" steady escrow signal, and the Razor is set to "pulse on wash done" escrow signal. Both Goldline autocashiers still had the " purchase is complete" error. Both cryptopays and goldlines were bought new in march 2020.

i spent a lot of time trying to duplicate the error, but was never successful. I swiped card early during wash, i stacked wash with cash then credit, stacked wash with credit then credit, etc. there was never an automatic fault that corresponded with the Goldline issue either.

Expat

Reaction score
Update the GL3 controller to version 1.1.7 - we have a fix for the 'Purchase Complete' message issue.

As far as being guinea pigs, far from it :-D We do our best to test all of our hardware and software but inevitably, as with every manufacturer and industry out there, we run into bugs, especially with third party hacks like Cryptopay.

Expat

Reaction score
When third parties don't seek out a native integration with us, it makes troubleshooting issues much harder as we have limited knowledge of how their hardware/software works and how it could adversely affect the operation of our kiosks.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Nothing to help about this specific problem, but I just thought I would add there is a simple way to reboot units remotely using off the shelf smarthome devices. I use the Samsung Smarthings device to reboot my WSIIs from my phone. It's inexpensive and easy to do. I installed a male receptacle plug on the power wire going out to the unit. Been using it a couple of years with no issues. You can also buy water detectors and other devices on the system and it intergrates easily.

I will say that I installed crytopay on my two older Hamilton and it has made them more reliable. No more locking up if the batch is not made.

I would also like to say I appreciate expats input here. Thanks for commenting.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use the Samsung Smarthings device to reboot my WSIIs from my phone. It's inexpensive and easy to do. I installed a male receptacle plug on the power wire going out to the unit. Been using it a couple of years with no issues.
I need to put one on my changer to shut it off when a quarter "thief" tries to use it.

water guy

Reaction score
Now I can duplicate the problem If I go inside and issue a wash.But as soon as the customer leaves the bay it goes back to normal screen which is what the Hamilton guy told me its supposed to do. So meaning the customer in line can't pay in advance. But sometimes it gets stuck and says equipment not ready.

slcw

Reaction score
Now I can duplicate the problem If I go inside and issue a wash.But as soon as the customer leaves the bay it goes back to normal screen which is what the Hamilton guy told me its supposed to do. So meaning the customer in line can't pay in advance. But sometimes it gets stuck and says equipment not ready.
I must be missing something. Can you explain exactly how you are able to duplicate the problem. I've been thinking this problem is because customers drive off just prior to the wash being finished, but if that's not it I'd like to know how to duplicate it so I can get it resolved. Especially since every time it does this I end up with two pissed customers.

water guy

Reaction score
Most of the time I go inside and fire off a free wash.and it will do it but recently it hasn't done it .Will see now I just received my other controller that cost us 1800 a couple of months ago and now we have to change it out because it doesn't work properly.