What's new

hamilton goldline problems w/cryptopay

poolenglish

Reaction score
my hamilton goldline has criptopay swiper and tap. it has worked for months since installing the tap pay. Now it does not issue the wash but charges the credit card.
BUT the pay station accepts cash or paper tokens and issues a wash like normal.

1.... I checked voltage on 1 of the transformers and replaced the bad transformer that powers(i was told by hamilton) the heater and the readout AND the swipe,and tap from cryptopay.
J18 connector
the transformer that I replaced is slightly lower VA (40va compared to original is 55va) both are 120volt to 24volt ac........... this one from amazon sunday emergency purchase >>

2- I tried to issue a wash thru cryptopay to the bay and was unsucessful. I used my charge card many times and it takes but does not send the command to the car wash to green arrow to start wash (but it does charge my credit card lol $60+ so far lol)...
3 the problem must be the transformer OR something with the computer board? my guess is that the replacement transformer that I installed is not (va ((volt amp)) ) large enough amperage to send the command to the wash machine and it is enough amperage to run the swiper and tapper (which was wired in ; a non hamilton authorized accessory).
#3 so I suspect that we need a transformer from hamilton?

ANY suggestions what the problem can be? it is a sunday and we are getting busy and i need to get her going asap. thanks Pat

Randy

Reaction score
Plese tell me you didn't splice into the Hamilton harness and tap into the Hamilton power supply? The transformer that supplies power to the Cryptopay system is supposed to be a separate power supply that has nothing to do with the Hamilton factory installed transformer. The only thing the auxiliary Cryptopay 24 volt transformer supplies power to is the swipe, tap and pay and the display. On the systems I've installed we a small transformer on the outlet in the back of the ACW. I believe your problem is with the Cryptopay system not sending the signal to the Hamilton controller. I'd start by calling Cryptopay in the morning.

poolenglish

Reaction score
I did not install the crypto system, maybe i should order a 120v to 24v ac plug in power supply and eliminate how it was wired to the hamilton?...and go from there? i see after going to cripto site installation recommends how you say also. Maybe the jumper wire on the board might have come disconnected? is that tat the main wire that sends the signal to the wash to start from the cripto device...I think it is? and thanks for your help bud

Randy

Reaction score
You don't want to plug anything into the distribution board that doesn't belong there. If you screw up the distribution board it's only a $520 fix. I'd redo install the Cryptopay system the way it's supposed to be install and get rid of the hacked up mess you've got now.

poolenglish

Reaction score
I figured out this morning that there was a bad connection from the crypto to the control board, my replacement Amazon transformer is working fine and all is good now. Thanks everyone for your time and help.