What's new

Hamilton DRS with mars

wyatt

Reaction score
I recently installed a Dual Hamilton changer (two validators and two hoppers) and have the right side dispensing quarters and the left dispensing tokens. Anyways I'm sure there is a way to do this but I can't find it in the manuals.

I want to only accept 5, 10, and 20s out of the token side. I do not want it to accept $1.

What setting am I missing??

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a switch on the validator. You can either just switch $1 acceptance off or use the programming coupon.

Why would you not want to accept $1 bills for tokens? Is it a token value issue?

Randy

Reaction score
The Mars validators only use the dollar input credit line on the Hamilton changers so if you want to only accept $5 - $10 and $20’s you’re going to have to reprogram the validator. I have a changer customer who vends his tokens at $2.50 each, he only accepts $10 and $20’s on the token side, $1 and $5 only on the quarter side. When he first decide that’s what he wanted to do I thought it wasn’t a good idea but now that he’s been doing for some time it’s worked out well. Since this picture was taken they’ve changed the sign to show the token valve is $2.50 or 4 for $10 and 8 for a $20, no bonus tokens.

Attachments

wyatt

Reaction score
Randy, do you have a manual or instructions showing how to reprogram it? Thanks

wyatt

Reaction score
It's a switch on the validator. You can either just switch $1 acceptance off or use the programming coupon.

Why would you not want to accept $1 bills for tokens? Is it a token value issue?
People get a discount for using tokens. So if I only allow them to get 5, 10, or 20 at a time they should have some left over after their wash forcing them to revisit the wash or better yet they take them home and lose them.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
The Mars validators only use the dollar input credit line on the Hamilton changers so if you want to only accept $5 - $10 and $20’s you’re going to have to reprogram the validator. I have a changer customer who vends his tokens at $2.50 each, he only accepts $10 and $20’s on the token side, $1 and $5 only on the quarter side. When he first decide that’s what he wanted to do I thought it wasn’t a good idea but now that he’s been doing for some time it’s worked out well. Since this picture was taken they’ve changed the sign to show the token valve is $2.50 or 4 for $10 and 8 for a $20, no bonus tokens.
Randy like how well does he do on this. This is very interesting setup I like it alot and I have 2 hamiltion changers with mars at my site now

MEP001

Reaction score
The manual for the 2600 series doesn't show that you can disable $1 acceptance with the switches, so you'll need the programming coupon. You should double-check the model on yours before you try using the coupon. You'll need to remove the validator first anyway to turn all switches to the OFF position.

Did your changer not come with the manuals?

MEP001

Reaction score
No problem, was it enough to make the changes? I realized later that programming coupon doesn't print up right, and you may need instructions to fill it out. I have a good PDF of it somewhere I'll try to locate.

wyatt

Reaction score
No it wouldn't print up right for me. Randy reached out to me and I believe he is going to send me some spare coupons. Thanks for the help MEP001.

wyatt

Reaction score
New Hamilton question. I have a hamilton hopper that was giving substantially more quarters than the amount inserted and then taking itself out of service. I've seen that before so I knew it was the coin counter that sits on top of the round dial.

Anyways, after switching that out I'm getting a new error. 2 flashes followed by 3 flashes on my c2000. According to the manual this is a "Hopper 3 jammed" error. The hopper is not jammed because when I press the white button on the c2000 it resets and works for the next bill inserted, pays out the correct amount and then goes out of service and gives me the same error.

Ideas on what's going on?

Randy

Reaction score
I hate this problem, it can be so many times. Try moving the Hopper to the other side of the changer to test the harnessing and the controller. Do you have enough quarters in the Hopper to cover the 2 stainless steel strips in the bottom of the Hopper? Try cleaning the 2 stainless steel strips and the face of the pin wheel with a green scrubby pad. The Hopper senses the conductivity between the 2 stainless steel strips and the face of the pin wheel. When you replaced the Payout switch did you install the new switch correctly? Per the instructions? Check the plug in the Hopper and the harness plug that plugs into the Hopper for corrosion and burnt pins. Some DRS changers have a short harness extension that plugs into the Hopper I’ve replaced few of those, check pins on that harness.

MEP001

Reaction score
In the last month I've changed three hopper switches to the new style. Two new ones of the five I ordered were defective. One did exactly what you described, the other would pay out too much.

Randy

Reaction score
In the last month I've changed three hopper switches to the new style. Two new ones of the five I ordered were defective. One did exactly what you described, the other would pay out too much.
There’s a couple of tricks to installing the newer style Payout switch. 9 times out of 10 you can’t take the switch out of the bag and install it, it won’t work properly.

wyatt

Reaction score
There’s a couple of tricks to installing the newer style Payout switch. 9 times out of 10 you can’t take the switch out of the bag and install it, it won’t work properly.
What are the tricks?

I put a new switch on my ACW with no issues. To me it seems like it would be as easy as plugging in the correct colored wires and bolting/screwing it on. Maybe I did something wrong?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's supposed to be non-adjustable, but one was obviously way out but still payed out too much after I bent on it. The one I replaced it with dropped in and worked. I did tighten the pivot screw to remove almost all the play on them. I've had less trouble with the old style.

wyatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, the payout switch is working great now.

Now on to the next issue...The coin counter on the hopper is only counting 25-50% of the coins going through it. I assumed it was the actual counter so I replaced that and I’m still having the same issue.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, the payout switch is working great now.

Now on to the next issue...The coin counter on the hopper is only counting 25-50% of the coins going through it. I assumed it was the actual counter so I replaced that and I’m still having the same issue.
Did you replace the counter with a new counter or a used one? It's the Hopper payout switch. Try fiddling with the payout switch a little more. Your getting there.

wyatt

Reaction score
Did you replace the counter with a new counter or a used one? It's the Hopper payout switch. Try fiddling with the payout switch a little more. Your getting there.
Brand new counter out of the box. I’ll try messing around with it again.

Randy

Reaction score
Brand new counter out of the box. I’ll try messing around with it again.
There are 2 switches on the Payout switch assembly. The switch with the Red and Black wire controls the signal/power to the Coin Counter to make it move. You want to make sure the switch actuator is pushing the switch down enough to activate the switch.

Attachments