What's new

Gun(s) At Your Car Wash

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
But since my sidekick is no good anymore (and shouldn't be brought to a gun fight anyway), my 9mm is a good alternative.
Ahhhh the most deadly art of Ching Ching Pow. (Think of the sound of the slide racking anf then pulling the trigger.)

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
At my true ghetto wash, I actually tuck in my shirt so it is exposed as a preemptive move for those that just think today is the day they'll talk crap and give me some BS. .
Speaking of Chicago. The ghetto guys here have a word for people who carry exposed guns. The word is "Target".

Red Baron

Reaction score
Speaking of Chicago. The ghetto guys here have a word for people who carry exposed guns. The word is "Target".
Yeah, I've heard that gang members also can quickly identify concealed carry clothing such as the 511 line.

I had my car wash logo screen printed on some extra long tail t-shirts made by Duluth Trading. They are 3" longer than a normal t-shirt - designed to cover plumber's crack and for tall people, but they also easily cover an outside the waistband holster/gun.

Open Carry - I always felt like that would be a disadvantage in the same way I taught my students not to jump into a karate stance at first hint of a fight, lest you let your attacker know a kick is likely coming. Let him see it when it's too late to do anything about it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I thought about a taser, but the issue I have with it is that it will only work on one person, and it has to make contact to work (If one probe hits a leather belt or gets caught in a thick jacket it does nothing). For me, the best way to keep safe is to always have two people around when handling money. I prefer to stay behind as the cash is loaded up and drives away, and I go so far as to make sure no one is watching to follow. I carry two separate keychains, one with keys only to the front door and my truck and the other clipped to a belt loop and the keys concealed in my back pocket. If someone does jump me I figure I can play dumb and empty my pockets to show I don't have keys to anything.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Speaking of Constitutional Rights (specifically the Second & Fourth Amendments), check this out. The "good news" --- at least the cops demonstrated they had the capacity for a speedy PRT (Police Response Time).

BTW, History Channel's "Top Shot" and "Extreme Marksmen" rock! Love the extreme slo-mo film in hi def.

JJJ/SSCWN

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010/07/officers_make_up_lie.php
Yes, I watched that video series a couple of weeks ago. Scary! Most people would be shocked to know how many LEOs have such little regard for our Constitutional rights, and who're opposed to concealed carry.

I was raised by a 31 year career cop, and I trained many cops in my dojo who I still consider friends -- I'm not anti-cop.

jprb

Reaction score
MEP,
I would prefer a gun over a taser, but the taser is a great weapon. If one probe hits the suspect, you can then use the gun as a "stun gun" or "drive stun" and complete the circuit. You can get cartriges with longer probes if you are in an area where heavy clothes might be an issue. I have used the taser and it will completely imobilize the person. Very effective!

MEP001

Reaction score
jprb said:
MEP,
I would prefer a gun over a taser, but the taser is a great weapon. If one probe hits the suspect, you can then use the gun as a "stun gun" or "drive stun" and complete the circuit. You can get cartriges with longer probes if you are in an area where heavy clothes might be an issue. I have used the taser and it will completely imobilize the person. Very effective!
But only effective against one person. What if there are two? At least then it would be a fair fight while one is on the ground twitching, but I'd want to be able to pump 15 rounds into a couple of dudes rushing me.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Keep in mind, if you shoot one of them you have to shoot the other one. You don't want the live one testifying that they were just on their way to church to pray for their dying mother and you mugged them.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Keep in mind, if you shoot one of them you have to shoot the other one. You don't want the live one testifying that they were just on their way to church to pray for their dying mother and you mugged them.
I read somewhere that the unwritten and unspoken rule among cops in London is that, if you have to shoot and kill the bad guy, shoot him again in the leg so the cop can say he tried to wound the guy in the leg first, but he kept coming so he shot him again.

Reds

Reaction score
I carry. Just want to note that if you start spraying lead you better be real concerned about where those bullets are flying. You don't want any bystanders wounded or killed. I have laser grips that I hope would put some fear into the SOB and maybe stop him in his tracks. But if I pull the trigger I know where my bullet is going. But misses have to be a huge concern. It's no different than hunting - you HAVE to know what's behind your target. Hopefully I never have to use my pistol.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I carry. Just want to note that if you start spraying lead you better be real concerned about where those bullets are flying. You don't want any bystanders wounded or killed. I have laser grips that I hope would put some fear into the SOB and maybe stop him in his tracks. But if I pull the trigger I know where my bullet is going. But misses have to be a huge concern. It's no different than hunting - you HAVE to know what's behind your target. Hopefully I never have to use my pistol.
My Kahr PM9 came with Crimson Trace laser, and I'm ordering a CT laser for my Sig P239. My XD/9 and S&W Sigma/9 have the cheaper Laserlyte lasers.

I never realized how helpful a laser was until I went to the range several weeks ago and shot with and without. Night and day difference.

Always a good idea though to be a decent aim without it, just in case it doesn't work when you need it or the sun is too bright to quickly see it. My stepdad is a retired 31 year PD veteran and taught instinctive shooting - I'm gonna work on that some.

A year ago I really wasn't into guns that much. I always owned guns, just never got into it as a hobby. Once I began going through the process to get my CHL I realized how much fun it is. I've also found it to have a lot of the same benefits that karate had for me years ago -- that being that they're two of the few hobbies where your skill can go with you just about anywhere and everywhere and be of use. I looked back at past hobbies, i.e., golf, billiards, flying, and realized that those skills were pretty much useless to me once I left their arena.