What's new

Graphene

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
So is there a point of using both ceramic and graphene? Seems like graphene has all the characteristics of ceramic plus more? We will probably eventually switch to graphene, once the buzzword gets more mainstream. Trying to understand what's best practice without wasting chemicals
I apply both ceramic and graphene on the top wash. The next 2 washes down only get clear coat protectant. Bottom wash is PS, HPR, & SFR

Roz

Reaction score
Through HyperFlex, Uses much less product applying that way
Arch is a more uniform application of product. Hyperflex and fwd/rev passes are not uniform.

Keno

Reaction score
The short answer is Yes

The long answer is more than I want to type with my thumbs
If you want the long answer- pm me
Thanks for the reply, will get back with you when we are closer to adding graphene

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Arch is a more uniform application of product. Hyperflex and fwd/rev passes are not uniform.
I would love to see a video of the graphene being applied through the arch, I found the arch application was the worst way because the HP line still has water in it from the prior HP rinse and when I had it setup for Foam Polish the graphene wouldn't start showing until 1/2 way around the vehicle, I set it up through hyperflex at speed 100 and I'm at 6mls using a lime-green tip. I'll post a video.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I would love to see a video of the graphene being applied through the arch, I found the arch application was the worst way because the HP line still has water in it from the prior HP rinse and when I had it setup for Foam Polish the graphene wouldn't start showing until 1/2 way around the vehicle, I set it up through hyperflex at speed 100 and I'm at 6mls using a lime-green tip. I'll post a video.
Wow 6 ml is not much
I m about 25 ml
I m applying thru arch as well- speed 9
On my razor 3 - hp rinse/conserv is the application ahead of graphene
( conserv is set at 400psi)
I have about a 10 second delay programmed to allow the arch to fill before it moves.
But - having said all that
I do like applying ceramic thru the flex pass and want to try graphene thru the flex pass as well.
I always want my SFR to start at the rear of the vehicle and getting the passes done correctly creates a bit of a challenge to do that.
And I m wrestling with the decision to upgrade Razors to have the hyper flex!

Roz

Reaction score
We just received our Graphene so we experiment next week. Someone mentioned the delay, check your timer and delay settings. 10 sec is a lot of delay. We find 3-5 seconds fine for the transition.

washnshine

Reaction score
Just a random thought at midnight, graphene apparently has extreme hydrophobic properties, what if this could be applied to in-bay security cameras to keep the lenses clearer/cleaner longer.
My father-in-law used to put Rain -X on his eye glasses. Not the kind we use in car washes, but the hand applied product you buy at auto parts stores and wipe on your windshield. He swore by it.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Warning:
It sticks to concrete as well

After running this stuff hot and heavy in cold weather.
The concrete under my dryers is slicker than sh*t.
(My dryers are outside of the bay)
Dont get any soap or acid out there.
scrub brush and bay cleaner and the pressure wand.
Much harder than the old wax and clear coat days.

water guy

Reaction score
This is a very good thread my soap supplier just mentioned it to me last week really excited to try.and will report back .im sure our razor will do good with the application. We don't have blowers which shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Scott220

Reaction score
I was prepared to add a Carbonite pass to my wash but I swear since adding ceramic years ago my vinyl walls are so much harder to clean even after replacing vinyl. So I wonder what adding another product like this will add to scrubbing walls?

washnshine

Reaction score
I was prepared to add a Carbonite pass to my wash but I swear since adding ceramic years ago my vinyl walls are so much harder to clean even after replacing vinyl. So I wonder what adding another product like this will add to scrubbing walls?
How are they harder to clean? Is the dirt sticking to them more? I have not seen this with ceramic sealer. The ceramics make cars easier to clean and I would think they could have the same repelling qualities on vinyl. Maybe it is mixing with soaps or other products on your walls and that causes the problem?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Try to wash the walls with dish detergent or degreaser prior to acid washing

Etowah

ShinePro

Reaction score
I have not had any issues with walls or with the bay floor.
just under the dryers

I put plastisol up in the wash I remodeled
In 21 months have not touched it with a brush, just the hose wand.
still looks brand new!

Scott220

Reaction score
with grime and soap film on walls it does make sense an overspray of carnuba, ceramic and now carbonite or graphene on top of this is only going to bond the dirt and soap to make it tougher to strip off. This is what I’m seeing In the last few years and can only surmise these newer products are to blame. In saying this, I love the products on the vehicles but can only conclude it’s making life more difficult in scrubbing these damn walls. lol

washnshine

Reaction score
I see. Thanks it is sealing in dirt that is already on the walls.

ShinePro

Reaction score
If you have all the ceramic/ graphene stuff
Get rid of the sticky carnuba
Life will get better!!!!!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Don't have trouble in my touch free but the friction units sling dirty water all over the walls, then the wax makes it kinda grimy. I tell the attendant if he can swipe a finger and see where he swiped, clean with dish detergent first., You can also use IBA presoak. We wash our busy machine and the walls at least once a week usually with Dawn platinum in warm water. If it's busy we will do it between cars and not even bother to rinse, the machine will do the rinsing as the cars are washing. Takes 30 minutes or less to touch up the machine and bay. The touch frees machines don't need that, and only gets acid washed every 1-3 months depending on volume.