What's new

Graphene

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone using Graphene in an IBA?

anyone have experience and insights about the product?

Do customers care or appreciate the graphite option?

if using the product how are you applying it?

has anyone experimented with it in a SS bay instead of ceramic colored foam?

Wondering if worth the added expense and if it will be used by customers.

Mrwood

Reaction score
JBS Ceramic Glow Foam on the triple foam gun. Customers love the neon colors.
How are you getting it to foam? I tried everything and it just came out soupy and my customers didn’t like it all, came from something that came out more like foam brush.

Roz

Reaction score
How do you keep it from freezing?
You can purchase the winter blend (does not have ceramic) and use straight if cold is for extended timeframe, or mix with the non winter blend if just cold at night.

Roz

Reaction score
How are you getting it to foam? I tried everything and it just came out soupy and my customers didn’t like it all, came from something that came out more like foam brush.
What tip are you using?
What product and air setting are you using?

In general product should be twice air.

Mrwood

Reaction score
I tried several different tips, spent three hours on the phone with jbs tech guys, even installed foam generators on the roof. No dice. Was the jbs pink glow foam just as a trial run and it flat out didn’t foam. Water beading was incredible, but it didn’t look like a good product at all coming out, and customers noticed. I ran the gamut all up and down those two psi gauges, couldn’t find a level it would foam at.

Roz

Reaction score
I tried several different tips, spent three hours on the phone with jbs tech guys, even installed foam generators on the roof. No dice. Was the jbs pink glow foam just as a trial run and it flat out didn’t foam. Water beading was incredible, but it didn’t look like a good product at all coming out, and customers noticed. I ran the gamut all up and down those two psi gauges, couldn’t find a level it would foam at.
It took us some trial and error to find the right blend. It foams and customers love the product. That and dryers are used the most after foam brush and HP soap. We apply it very strong, cannot recall the tip, which may contribute to the foaming action. I like to give customers a good show as it takes them a long time to rinse off after painting their car or truck multi colors. I can look at the tips and settings when back at the wash on Friday.

Roz

Reaction score
I m applying my graphene thru the arch
Low pressure

Can I ask how you are applying it?
FNF for now. Experimenting with FNF and then a forward pass of Nova on top. Will see how it looks and goes.

Mrwood

Reaction score
It took us some trial and error to find the right blend. It foams and customers love the product. That and dryers are used the most after foam brush and HP soap. We apply it very strong, cannot recall the tip, which may contribute to the foaming action. I like to give customers a good show as it takes them a long time to rinse off after painting their car or truck multi colors. I can look at the tips and settings when back at the wash on Friday.
👍

Keno

Reaction score
FNF for now. Experimenting with FNF and then a forward pass of Nova on top. Will see how it looks and goes.
You are putting on graphene and ceramic? I've been told by multiple chemical companies that putting on a less hydrophobic chemical is worthless after putting on a more hydrophobic chemical. We were talking about ceramic and carnuba when we switched to ceramic a couple years back. We still needed to use up our old carnuba, which they said is fine, but will provide no benefit. We used the carnuba as our drying agent to finish it up

ShinePro

Reaction score
You are putting on graphene and ceramic? I've been told by multiple chemical companies that putting on a less hydrophobic chemical is worthless after putting on a more hydrophobic chemical. We were talking about ceramic and carnuba when we switched to ceramic a couple years back. We still needed to use up our old carnuba, which they said is fine, but will provide no benefit. We used the carnuba as our drying agent to finish it up
I ll weigh in on this-

You/they are correct carnuba and ceramic are like oil and water. Absolutely no benefit.
Graphene - if its good quality, is as hydrophobic as ceramic.

Is more durable and makes ceramic harden quicker and shine longer(durability)
Thats why we put the graphene on before the ceramic
Shine of the vehicle coming out of the dryer may not look any different immediately to the eye.
Though they should be dryer
The lasting power of that shine is what makes it what it is.

Roz

Reaction score
Yellow hydrominder tip
Product 70
Air 40

Yellow is 90:1 which is much richer mix than the container mentions. I think label suggests 240 or 360 :1. All chemical companies seem to make their number higher to appeal to the operator who just thinks they are saving expense with an ultra concentrated product.

Reality is much different as we run our IBA and SS chemicals much richer than the label mentions so the customer gets a good show and more importantly a clean car. You get the $ back in loyalty, reviews, and just an overall better customer experience

good luck do not give up on triple foam. JBS Chemcials are not the only game available so experiment and see what works best for you. I found that JBS Chemcials do not have a good shelf life as they will separate if kept on the shelf so we stopped sticking them and moved to JIT ordering. We are also testing other brands for the triple foam.

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone have a really good looking menu icon for Graphene or Ceramic? Customers do not know brand names (or care about them) but they do understand Graphene/Graphite and Ceramic. Want to find a good generic icon for both and our menu guys have a limited library of options. Thx in advance for sharing.

Keno

Reaction score
I ll weigh in on this-

You/they are correct carnuba and ceramic are like oil and water. Absolutely no benefit.
Graphene - if its good quality, is as hydrophobic as ceramic.

Is more durable and makes ceramic harden quicker and shine longer(durability)
Thats why we put the graphene on before the ceramic
Shine of the vehicle coming out of the dryer may not look any different immediately to the eye.
Though they should be dryer
The lasting power of that shine is what makes it what it is.
So is there a point of using both ceramic and graphene? Seems like graphene has all the characteristics of ceramic plus more? We will probably eventually switch to graphene, once the buzzword gets more mainstream. Trying to understand what's best practice without wasting chemicals

ShinePro

Reaction score
So is there a point of using both ceramic and graphene? Seems like graphene has all the characteristics of ceramic plus more? We will probably eventually switch to graphene, once the buzzword gets more mainstream. Trying to understand what's best practice without wasting chemicals
The short answer is Yes

The long answer is more than I want to type with my thumbs
If you want the long answer- pm me