What's new

Futura Vehicle Wash Systems

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Futura's first vehicle wash system was?

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I doubt they will would their first system as it was before websites were a thing

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I notice I still have their 1990 Master Catalog Vol. III. It is showing at that time FUTURA-SSA, FUTURA-CWA, FUTURA AUTOMATIC CAR/VAN ROLLOVER, & FUTURA AUTOMATIC TRUCK/BUS WASH. In their hey-day they had what appeared to be an over 100K sq ft facility with over 100 employees based on the few times I was actually there for their in-house shows etc. Not that insignificant for needed worthwhile private sector contributions to our overall USA GDP .... IMHO .... of course! The catalog said they were founded in 1962 by Sheldon P. Russell. I might be wrong but I think they were trying very hard to partner with ACADEMIA at every turn.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Would you be able to send a picture of it? I love futura, and I would love to see pictures of the catalog!
I notice I still have their 1990 Master Catalog Vol. III. It is showing at that time FUTURA-SSA, FUTURA-CWA, FUTURA AUTOMATIC CAR/VAN ROLLOVER, & FUTURA AUTOMATIC TRUCK/BUS WASH. In their hey-day they had what appeared to be an over 100K sq ft facility with over 100 employees based on the few times I was actually there for their in-house shows etc. Not that insignificant for needed worthwhile private sector contributions to our overall USA GDP .... IMHO .... of course! The catalog said they were founded in 1962 by Sheldon P. Russell. I might be wrong but I think they were trying very hard to partner with ACADEMIA at every turn.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
FuturaFan,

Sorry for the delay on sending you pics of their 1990 Catalog. I was seeking for the greater current political reality truths ... listening to more accurate pertinent urgent info with a Jan 7, 2022 Sidney Powell Interview that some on this forum choose to be totally oblivious to!

Mike

Attachments

FuturaFan

Reaction score
FuturaFan,

Sorry for the delay on sending you pics of their 1990 Catalog. I was seeking for the greater current political reality truths ... listening to more accurate pertinent urgent info with a Jan 7, 2022 Sidney Powell Interview that some on this forum choose to be totally oblivious to!

Mike
Hey dude! If you don't want it or have any use for it, would you sell it to me? I would pay for that.

OurTown

Reaction score
I would like to see it scanned and uploaded for any of us to see it. Wasn't there a place here on this forum that had some uploaded articles and such? Maybe it went away when the forum was updated? Maybe I'm crazy?

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I would like to see it scanned and uploaded for any of us to see it. Wasn't there a place here on this forum that had some uploaded articles and such? Maybe it went away when the forum was updated? Maybe I'm crazy?
I agree.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
PM me an offer. I do have paypal. USPS & others allow for a prepay of a shipping label & also tracking.
Would you scan it and upload it for others to see? I’m still interested in buying it

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Would you scan it and upload it for others to see? I’m still interested in buying it

FuturaFan,

The jpg files of the 1990 catalog that I sent back about a year agon on this specific thread were taken with my Samsung Note cell phone camera with some noticeable light-glare issues

Unlike possibly some others .... I 🤷‍♂️ do not believe you are crazy. You just happen to have an appreciation for some of the earlier versions of car wash equipment. I have tried to always be a "free spirit" & ... IMHO ... the truth is ... at one time ... Futura was on the "leading" edge for a portion of the variety of car wash equipment.

FACT ... the entire 1990 catalog is 188 total pages (cover to cover) which from a "printing alone" standpoint was professionally done.

I called our local Office Depot for a quote: Keep in mind ... the person told me that Office Depot does not do cutting of pages out of any catalog to scan in ... so I would have one of my employees do the wee bit labor intensive individual page separations &/or "straight edge cutting" for proper scanning. It is a must that the 11"x8" pages need to be neatly separated. Office Depot - Maxx quoted me $.25 per page. 188 x $.25 of scanned in with after page separation would cost me approximately $$45.00 using my manager's military service ID. Without the military service ID ... they would need $47.00 + $3.29 sales tax = $50.29. Scanning would mean no physical boxed-taped up shipping cost along with quicker digital sharing.

Based on the above ... since both of us would like to possibly help educate some of our fellow forum members ... I would be willing to send the scanned pages within a few days after receiving $65 via PayPal. I can forum PM message you my PayPal address ... if you are still interested.

kai88

Banned
Reaction score
Futura's first vehicle wash system was the Futura 1000, which was introduced in 1968. It was a self-service car wash that used a conveyor belt to move cars through a series of sprayers, brushes, and dryers. The Futura 1000 was a popular car wash system and helped to popularize the self-service car wash concept.

Futura has since introduced a number of other vehicle wash systems, including the Futura 2000, Futura 3000, and Futura 4000. These systems have all been designed to provide a more efficient and effective car wash experience.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Futura's first vehicle wash system was the Futura 1000, which was introduced in 1968. It was a self-service car wash that used a conveyor belt to move cars through a series of sprayers, brushes, and dryers. The Futura 1000 was a popular car wash system and helped to popularize the self-service car wash concept.

Futura has since introduced a number of other vehicle wash systems, including the Futura 2000, Futura 3000, and Futura 4000. These systems have all been designed to provide a more efficient and effective car wash experience.
Do you have any more information on these systems? Any catalogs?

FuturaFan

Reaction score
On another note, looking at the internet archive, I'm wondering if anybody knows any info about the things on this page? https://web.archive.org/web/2008102...quip.com/Literauture/AutomaticLiterature.html

If anyone has ANY of the pdf's, links, files, screenshots or recent catalogs PLEASE message me!!

(P.S, if you have any futura catalogs I am willing to buy them off of you_
Especially the "Impulse Ad 2008" "Impulse Green Ad 2008" "Impulse Ad 2007" "Impulse Arch Features"

karen batten

Banned
Reaction score
Futura's first vehicle wash system
Futura introduces its groundbreaking vehicle wash system, heralding a new era in automotive care. This innovative technology combines efficiency with environmental consciousness, utilizing advanced water-saving mechanisms and eco-friendly cleaning agents. Futura's system ensures a meticulous clean through automated precision, catering to various vehicle sizes and types. Its user-friendly interface allows for customizable wash options, enhancing customer experience. With cutting-edge features and a commitment to sustainability, Futura's first vehicle wash system revolutionizes the car-cleaning industry, setting a standard for performance, convenience, and ecological responsibility.

traveler17

Reaction score
Futura introduces its groundbreaking vehicle wash system, heralding a new era in automotive care. This innovative technology combines efficiency with environmental consciousness, utilizing advanced water-saving mechanisms and eco-friendly cleaning agents. Futura's system ensures a meticulous clean through automated precision, catering to various vehicle sizes and types. Its user-friendly interface allows for customizable wash options, enhancing customer experience. With cutting-edge features and a commitment to sustainability, Futura's first vehicle wash system revolutionizes the car-cleaning industry, setting a standard for performance, convenience, and ecological responsibility.
Tell us more, fascinating!!!