What's new

Friction Or Touchless In Bay Auto??

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
I am currently a 6 bay self serve and I am wanting to add a friction or touchless. The guy down the street and my only competitor currently has actually an 8 bay self serve and one in bay automatic touch free from the 80's. I feel like whichever way I go ill have a better looking and working product. Been looking at Laser Wash and the Razor. Any input would be grateful and helpful from current owners/operators.

OR COMBO? I see Istobol Flex 5 can offer both but not sure what experience anyone has with it.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
What was wrong with this thread?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Nothing was just hoping for more input. Is this frowned upon? I'm clearly new here, not sure the rules on posting
It's not a big deal, but this section is for someone wanting buy or build a car wash, and probably gets a lot less traffic. Your other thread will get the best results.

MEP001

Reaction score
Nothing was just hoping for more input. Is this frowned upon? I'm clearly new here, not sure the rules on posting
Not frowned upon, but when the same question is brought up in multiple threads it can get difficult to follow. You can always bump your old thread to bring it back to the top.

Etowah

mac

Reaction score
I have been operating a Flex5 for about 16 months now I got the 3 brush hybrid. Glad I went with hybrid as a little more than a third get Touch less.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine running a friction machine and being unattended. A lot of operators do it, but I see many pitfalls potentially. There are enough customers who will accuse you of scratching and damaging the car, whether or not their complaints Are valid. I just don't want to deal with that anymore than I have to, so that's part of the reason why I chose touch free.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I can't imagine running a friction machine and being unattended. A lot of operators do it, but I see many pitfalls potentially. There are enough customers who will accuse you of scratching and damaging the car, whether or not their complaints Are valid. I just don't want to deal with that anymore than I have to, so that's part of the reason why I chose touch free.
I must agree.

washnshine

Reaction score
I am currently a 6 bay self serve and I am wanting to add a friction or touchless. The guy down the street and my only competitor currently has actually an 8 bay self serve and one in bay automatic touch free from the 80's. I feel like whichever way I go ill have a better looking and working product. Been looking at Laser Wash and the Razor. Any input would be grateful and helpful from current owners/operators.

OR COMBO? I see Istobol Flex 5 can offer both but not sure what experience anyone has with it.
With what your competition is running, it sounds like anything you put in will be a better option for your customers. I’m not saying you shouldn’t consider all of your options though, that is always a smart thing to do.

Snowman

Reaction score

Water wizard 2.0 have had one 15 years got north of 150k washes tech support not quite what it used to be but to me still better than most if ur gonna work on it yourself ! Just my opinion and I use blendco products

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score

Same here. I went with the Petit to replace my Radius and will replace my Softgloss with another Petit. I'm going with Dencar tellers and hopefully I can manage the site with 2-3 hours of hired labor a day.