What's new

Foam brush problems

MEP001

Reaction score
1gal of concentrate to 2 gal of water in a 5 gal bucket. From there into the hydrominder. Started with purple. Moved to yellow. Then to brown an had success. Then went back to watery. Tried orange jet. An nothing.
Put a zip tie really tight on the hose around the foot (to act as a clamp) valve that goes in the concentrate to prevent the liquid from draining out. Also make sure there's a hole in the discharge tube on the Hydrominder outlet, above the mixed liquid. You might have a siphon issue that's watering down your chemical.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Put a zip tie really tight on the hose around the foot (to act as a clamp) valve that goes in the concentrate to prevent the liquid from draining out. Also make sure there's a hole in the discharge tube on the Hydrominder outlet, above the mixed liquid. You might have a siphon issue that's watering down your chemical.
all new hoses an foots. With zipties.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Can you verify whether or not you have the anti-syphon hole in the discharge tube from the hydrominder like Mep suggested. Gotta start at the basics first...

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Can you verify whether or not you have the anti-syphon hole in the discharge tube from the hydrominder like Mep suggested. Gotta start at the basics first...
yes i made sure of it.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If you have the anti-syphon hole, Is any air getting into the pickup hose?? If yes, the FV is leaking. If not, sounds like you need to take the hydrominder apart and make sure you don't have a cracked eductor. Or maybe the FV is not letting chemical through or is erratic. That's the only things I can think of. Try adding a little concentrate to the FB tank and see if it starts foaming again.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Looks like you solved it and posted as I was typing....Even the foam in the photo isn't terible....

Rtharlan

Reaction score
If you have the anti-syphon hole, Is any air getting into the pickup hose?? If yes, the FV is leaking. If not, sounds like you need to take the hydrominder apart and make sure you don't have a cracked eductor. Or maybe the FV is not letting chemical through or is erratic. That's the only things I can think of. Try adding a little concentrate to the FB tank and see if it starts foaming again.
the hydrominder was rebuilt and ready on the shelf. Suction and discharge hoses were replaced along with new FV. I tested prior to. Its super rich right now. At 64:1. And the only way i can get foam is with a generator. I have not leaned it backbout yet. I will do that in the morning.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Looks like you solved it and posted as I was typing....Even the foam in the photo isn't terible....
i still dont get why i cant do it without the generator. But what ever i got instant foam now. There isnt much in the photo. More of a runny mess.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Another thing that you should check is your tube coming from the bottom of the hydrominder down into the mix tank. It should have a restrictor inside; and, most importantly, should be cut at a length that allows the outflow to 'free flow' into the tank. if the outlet is pushed against the bottom or a side wall, the backpressure will screw with the venturi effect of the eductor.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Another thing that you should check is your tube coming from the bottom of the hydrominder down into the mix tank. It should have a restrictor inside; and, most importantly, should be cut at a length that allows the outflow to 'free flow' into the tank. if the outlet is pushed against the bottom or a side wall, the backpressure will screw with the venturi effect of the eductor.
I mentioned that in an earlier post, also how I had just put on a new hose which worked fine when I tested it, but after that the water would jet right through the ring without touching it and it wouldn't draw at all. It might be worth another look.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Annnd were back to runny mess. Busy day today. An the foam i had went to S@it. I dont know if i should try the jbs or not. Be a shame to spend 70 if it not the issue.
Any chance the water is siphoning back into the concentrate bucket overnight? Did you drill a small hole in the Hydrominder fill tube to prevent this?