What's new

Foam brush problems

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Ill do some playing around. As far as adjusting. Each solenoid has an adjustment. And there all wide open. 1 of them the adjuster is froze up.

As far as the foamer i made. That should help with leaning the mixture out correct?

MEP001

Reaction score
It will certainly make more foam with less product.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
It will certainly make more foam with less product.
Sounds promising.

Ok since im terrible with numbers. I get the idea behind the 2 hydrominder setup. But i dont quite understand how you come up with a final mix ratio. Going from concentrate to 25:1 then to 36:1.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Sounds promising.

Ok since im terrible with numbers. I get the idea behind the 2 hydrominder setup. But i dont quite understand how you come up with a final mix ratio. Going from concentrate to 25:1 then to 36:1.
The two numbers (25x36) are multiplied together to give you final ratio. 900:1 Seems a little high for FB soap even though Cherry Blossom is Ultra Concentrate. According to KR, final ratio should be 600-900:1....In a perfect world, you are at the high end of the recommended final ratio.

Although Kr contradicts itself, saying to mix 5 gallons with 10 gallons of water (2:1 ratio) then use a yellow tip (90:1). Final ratio is 180:1......

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
On the first post you mentioned finding a plugged line. Generators can clog and cause low flow issues. So do these have old foam generators on them or are you building all new generators?

Rtharlan

Reaction score
On the first post you mentioned finding a plugged line. Generators can clog and cause low flow issues. So do these have old foam generators on them or are you building all new generators?
Unsure what you consider a “foam generator” this is just air and chem plumbed into a brass tee. Then to 3/8 boom. I built a foam generator to try out. Based on a post i seen here.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Brushes seem to be working beautifully now. Thank you to all that helped sort this out. Ive learned a great deal. Ill update once i get my foamer installed.

OurTown

Reaction score
Try lowering the air pressure from 50psi to around 40psi and see what happens. You don't want it to come out like shaving cream, just a little wetter.

What is wrong with it coming out like shaving cream?

OurTown

Reaction score
Although I would call ours shaving cream it is not real light and fluffy. It falls off the car after a while but is not runny. We are probably on the same page.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Annnd were back to runny mess. Busy day today. An the foam i had went to S@it. I dont know if i should try the jbs or not. Be a shame to spend 70 if it not the issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
I set it to cow pies. I prefer the vertical hangers with the head about 7 feet off the ground (Keeps kids from taking it down and sweeping the floor with it) and I set it where by the time one pie had hit the floor another is breaking loose from the brush and falling. It puts a lot of foam on their cars to rinse off, and I still only spend about $75 a month in soap.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Annnd were back to runny mess. Busy day today. An the foam i had went to S@it. I dont know if i should try the jbs or not. Be a shame to spend 70 if it not the issue.
If you have issues on busy days it could be because all the hydrominders are running at the same time causing low flo and poor suction in the foam brush unit. Have you checked on this?

Rtharlan

Reaction score
If you have issues on busy days it could be because all the hydrominders are running at the same time causing low flo and poor suction in the foam brush unit. Have you checked on this?
while you could be right. It didnt change after it calmed down. Its acts like theres not enough chem in the mix. I evrn bumped it down to an orange jet. Its running out.And the air is blowing.

i got some jbs coming to try. Any recommendations on a accurate hard water tester?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
If you have JBS chemicals coming in I would suggest you call your JBS salesman and ask him to set it up for you.
He should be able to help you.
I have a great guy, Mike, that delivers chemicals at my locations and not only checks chemicals but will change out hoses, connectors and valves if something is wrong.
My only issue, in a fun way, is he follows the chemical dilution rate protocol and I always increase the pill for MORE foam or soap.
I like a lot of soap coming out of the guns and brushes and so do the customers.
I don’t care if the “SHOW” cost me more.

Randy

Reaction score
I don't understand why it would change. How are you mixing the chemical?

Rtharlan

Reaction score
I don't understand why it would change. How are you mixing the chemical?
1gal of concentrate to 2 gal of water in a 5 gal bucket. From there into the hydrominder. Started with purple. Moved to yellow. Then to brown an had success. Then went back to watery. Tried orange jet. An nothing.

Randy

Reaction score
1gal of concentrate to 2 gal of water in a 5 gal bucket. From there into the hydrominder. Started with purple. Moved to yellow. Then to brown an had success. Then went back to watery. Tried orange jet. An nothing.
Is there a possibility that the soap might have gotten frozen at some point?