What's new

Foam brush not foaming like it should

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Did you clean that filter really well? You may have to blow it clean with an air gun as some of those have multi layered screens. What is your water pressure at the Hydrominder? What size tip is in the Hydrominder? Like Mep pointed out that valve is not open all the way.
I opened the valve all the way. When I am in tonight I will have to take a look.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
OK, too much to read through I'll just rattle off some stuff. This is also assuming the problem is global, as in all bays.

If someone called me in to service that system I'd
  • Clean the tank out
  • clean any mesh inline and tank filters
  • replace the hydrominder diaphram
  • clean the hydrominder water inlet mesh screen
  • open that inlet valve all the way
  • check the hydrominder suction yube to insure it is making a good seal on both ends
  • check the discharge tube on the hydrominder for a good seal on the eductor
  • check the foot valve and replace it it is either stuck open or closed
  • check foam generators for clogging
  • check mix water hardness
  • check the chemical for separation

Randy

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but most if not all of the KR hyper concentrates, those are the products that you mix 10 gallons of water with each 5 gallon pail of soap product they that made by Simoniz and are all made from the same base and are prone to getting a bacterial growth the tank, this looks kind of like snot, like the stuff that was in your strainer. The strainer should be on the discharge side of your holding tank so this snot doesn’t get into your pumping system, solenoid valves etc. This bacterial growth can be controlled by using a 1 inch swimming pool bleach pellet in your holding tank and frequent cleaning of the holding tank. In the picture of your round holding tank it looks like it needs to be cleaned and the level of the soap that in tank is too high, our holding tank hold about 3 gallons of foam brush soap. The KR hyper concentrates have a neutral PH so the cleaning ability off the soap is just about zero.