What's new

Foam brush not foaming like it should

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how I could adjust settings to make the foam brush more foamy? What comes out of it is kinda like what you would see come out of a foaming rain bar. There is lots of suds, but it doesn’t foam up like most foam brushes do. This is in all of our bays. Any recommendations?

Attachments

n00bie

Reaction score
Addition to @soapy . Do you run water softener? Do you mix your soap or premixed? It helps to run water softener and a little more soap to your mix.

Randy

Reaction score
What size tip are you using in your Hydrominder? I’d probably go up one size of the tip and see if that doesn’t help. Also adjust the air pressure up a little bit. Is that a shallow well pump and pressure tank that you’re using? I haven’t seen one of those used since Christ was a corporal. I remember when I bought my first car wash it had a set up like that. It was a PITA! I got rid of it 38 years ago.

MEP001

Reaction score
That system needs to be cleaned. The liquid in the tank is probably all broken down and slimy. The bowl on the filter before the pump is black when it should be clear. For some reason the valve on the Hydrominder isn't open all the way which can cause it to not draw enough chemical.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
That system needs to be cleaned. The liquid in the tank is probably all broken down and slimy. The bowl on the filter before the pump is black when it should be clear. For some reason the valve on the Hydrominder isn't open all the way which can cause it to not draw enough chemical.
I cleaned the filter. It was very dirty. Almost no change with the suds.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
What size tip are you using in your Hydrominder? I’d probably go up one size of the tip and see if that doesn’t help. Also adjust the air pressure up a little bit. Is that a shallow well pump and pressure tank that you’re using? I haven’t seen one of those used since Christ was a corporal. I remember when I bought my first car wash it had a set up like that. It was a PITA! I got rid of it 38 years ago.
We have tried that. It just ends up letting out too much chemical. We have tried a bunch of different chemical brands.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Addition to @soapy . Do you run water softener? Do you mix your soap or premixed? It helps to run water softener and a little more soap to your mix.
premixed. 5gal bins. we dont need more soap. yes, we have a water softener. you can see more suds in the brush and the pressure washers when its full. i just filled the softener not too long ago, still nearly full.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I know you're using a water softener, but have you recently tested the hardness of your water? If the water is hard, it will kill the suds in your foam brush. Is this a new problem? Has the foam brush worked before? Any changes to hoses or boom hoses?

Randy

Reaction score
That filter is pretty nasty! The round holding tank looks pretty nasty inside, you might want to clean it out also. What kind of foam brush soap are you using? I don't have a water softener and I get tons of suds.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I know you're using a water softener, but have you recently tested the hardness of your water? If the water is hard, it will kill the suds in your foam brush. Is this a new problem? Has the foam brush worked before? Any changes to hoses or boom hoses?
just did last month. this issue is nothing new, it has been happening since we bought the place.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
That filter is pretty nasty! The round holding tank looks pretty nasty inside, you might want to clean it out also. What kind of foam brush soap are you using? I don't have a water softener and I get tons of suds.
Bubble up by Kleen Rite. We have used CWS chemicals as well as rhino stomp and turtle wax all within the past 2 years. Kleen rite foams the best and cleans well.

edredtop

Reaction score
Bubble up by Kleen Rite. We have used CWS chemicals as well as rhino stomp and turtle wax all within the past 2 years. Kleen rite foams the best and cleans well.
KR soap caused some serious headaches when I tried it.
We are in a warmer climate for whatever that's worth.
It gets clumpy and has plugged my foot valves, screens, and mixers. It's like something starts growing in it and it just chunks up.

MEP001

Reaction score
The chemical is too weak. You should be getting rich blue suds.

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you clean that filter really well? You may have to blow it clean with an air gun as some of those have multi layered screens. What is your water pressure at the Hydrominder? What size tip is in the Hydrominder? Like Mep pointed out that valve is not open all the way.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
KR soap caused some serious headaches when I tried it.
We are in a warmer climate for whatever that's worth.
It gets clumpy and has plugged my foot valves, screens, and mixers. It's like something starts growing in it and it just chunks up.
KR has never been an issue for us. Like i said, this filter has been here since like the 70s and has not been cleaned for a long time, if ever.