What's new

Foam Brush Hose

vinh

Reaction score
The key in making foam brush hose last a long time is having a low pressure swivel at the handle and a good bend restrictor. I make my own hose using a same 3/8 male fitting with a crimp machine like in high pressure hose. I than slide a 2 feet of 3/4 clear vinyl Kuriyama 1/8 thickness (bend restrictor) back over the fitting with help of a hot gun during the winter. During the summer, no need for hot gun just some WD40.
With time usually about a year out, the kuriyama tubing will crack at the 3/8 fitting end. I get a knife and cut 2inch off Kuriyama bend restrictor off and slide the remaining 22 inch reverse back on the 3/8 fitting. I keep doing this until the Kuriyama is too aged from sun damage. The blue hose should be reusable many times unless you make it too long and it rub on the concrete. Also don't wait too long to fix the crack in bend restriction or the blue hose will crack at the fitting end also.

As for the other end on the boom, I have a brass 3/8 barb. I don't recommend a clamp on it because the barb will cut the hose. Without the clamp it acts like a swivel. Every few months just cut 1 inch of blue hose off and push back in barb.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3061-kleen-rite-non-reinforced-clear-vinyl-flexible-tubing-34.aspx

TurboJet

Reaction score
The key in making foam brush hose last a long time is having a low pressure swivel at the handle and a good bend restrictor. I make my own hose using a same 3/8 male fitting with a crimp machine like in high pressure hose. I than slide a 2 feet of 3/4 clear vinyl Kuriyama 1/8 thickness (bend restrictor) back over the fitting with help of a hot gun during the winter. During the summer, no need for hot gun just some WD40.
With time usually about a year out, the kuriyama tubing will crack at the 3/8 fitting end. I get a knife and cut 2inch off Kuriyama bend restrictor off and slide the remaining 22 inch reverse back on the 3/8 fitting. I keep doing this until the Kuriyama is too aged from sun damage. The blue hose should be reusable many times unless you make it too long and it rub on the concrete. Also don't wait too long to fix the crack in bend restriction or the blue hose will crack at the fitting end also.

As for the other end on the boom, I have a brass 3/8 barb. I don't recommend a clamp on it because the barb will cut the hose. Without the clamp it acts like a swivel. Every few months just cut 1 inch of blue hose off and push back in barb.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3061-kleen-rite-non-reinforced-clear-vinyl-flexible-tubing-34.aspx
Thank you for this idea. I don't have a crimp machine, but will give it a try using the Kuriyama over the pushlok barb.

I have one question especially if using blue hose, does any crud get in between the kuriyama and hose and look unsightly over time? I always use black so may not be an issue for me. Just curious.

TurboJet

Reaction score
Yes that is reasonable for a crimp tool. I think the more expensive one is worth it in the long run.

Bandit

Reaction score
The closest thing to that I've used is this:

It does get very stiff in the cold like you said, and it always ends up breaking off at the fitting. I've only used it when there was a problem with people cutting the hose and stealing the brush, the wire is too heavy to get through with a knife.
I know an old thread, but does this work to prevent hose cutting/brush theft ? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
It won't prevent cutting, but it helps prevent them from stealing the brush and handle. I've repaired this cut hose with a Push-Lock style double barb by removing the yellow plastic rings and pushing the hose over the center until the ends meet.