What's new

Foam Brush Help

MEP001

Reaction score
First very obvious problem is that there's no regulator anywhere on the liquid side. You need to be able to control either the pressure or the flow of the liquid. I'd recommend an air regulator on the air supply line to the pump, and a gauge somewhere on the liquid line (The plugged tee on the PVC would be convenient). What's most likely happening is the liquid pressure is so high that it's pushing the check valves on the air supply closed.

Randy

Reaction score
I have 2 air regulators on my foam brush system, one on the air supply for the pump and one for the air supply for the air injection side. I also have needle valves on the discharge of both the air and the chemical coming off the solenoid valves. My soap comes out almost like wet shaving cream.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
One time I had this happen and I found the softener was the problem.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes on the flo jet side
Where is that pressure setting? Right off the air compressor? It's way too high since you don't have any other regulator or restriction on the liquid side.

Kevin James

Reaction score
You don’t want or need a regulator on the discharge side of the Flo-Jet pump. The beauty of the Flo-jet pump is whatever pressure you put into the pump is going to be your discharge pressure. I’d do what Randy said and put a regulator on the inlet side of your Flo-Jet pump so you can regulate the pump pressure. Optional needle valves on the discharge side of the air and liquid side of the solenoid valves will help you fine tune the delivery further.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
You don’t want or need a regulator on the discharge side of the Flo-Jet pump. The beauty of the Flo-jet pump is whatever pressure you put into the pump is going to be your discharge pressure. I’d do what Randy said and put a regulator on the inlet side of your Flo-Jet pump so you can regulate the pump pressure. Optional needle valves on the discharge side of the air and liquid side of the solenoid valves will help you fine tune the delivery further.
Thanks, Where would you put the needle valve at? to the brush?

Knight01

Reaction score
Increase the amount of air and reduce the amount of foam chemical, I had the same issue when I first bought my wash. It took lots of tuning to get it to the foam thickness I wanted.

Randy

Reaction score
Beautiful, now what did you have to do to get that?

mcarter1990

Reaction score
Back to the foam issue. Question:

So things are better but here is my question: My compressor is making air but when the air is feeding the Flo Jet for the liquid and the air is feeding the air side of the foam it seems my liquid side is starving for air. But if I adjust the air side it runs fine. So what pressure do I set each for? Do I need to put a needle valve control to regulate the liquid or air? I have regulators on the air side feeding the foam. Only regulator I have for the liquid side is to control the Flo Jet.

Any help?

MEP001

Reaction score
Replace those foam generators. They may be plugged with crud, or the foam material could have worked its way out and has stopped up the fitting.

eckert16

Reaction score
1670250068331.png
You are starving it. Your flojet wants to drink from the black hose which is connected to a PVC pipe; and that same PVC pipe also feeds the generators. The pipe is being fed by a straw. How can the FloJet get enough air from a pipe that is not being fed enough air to supply it and at the same time supply the generators? It likely can't do it all the time. The Flojet is still trying to drink from a hose, thru a pipe being fed by a straw. Consider your purple air supply line diameter (is that 1/4" line feeding a 1/2" diameter PVC 'manifold' which supplies air to your Flojet and 2 Generators?
You might look at removing all your lines, gauges, filters, shutoffs prior to the 1/2" PVC 'manifold', and replacing them with 1/2" lines, gauges, filters, shutoffs so no air flow component is smaller in diameter than your 'manifold' diameter. Intent is to maintain your air pressure and your air flow consistently throughout the system until it's point of use.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
Replace those foam generators. They may be plugged with crud, or the foam material could have worked its way out and has stopped up the fitting.
I cleaned everything prior to hooking new generators up.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
View attachment 7485
You are starving it. Your flojet wants to drink from the black hose which is connected to a PVC pipe; and that same PVC pipe also feeds the generators. The pipe is being fed by a straw. How can the FloJet get enough air from a pipe that is not being fed enough air to supply it and at the same time supply the generators? It likely can't do it all the time. The Flojet is still trying to drink from a hose, thru a pipe being fed by a straw. Consider your purple air supply line diameter (is that 1/4" line feeding a 1/2" diameter PVC 'manifold' which supplies air to your Flojet and 2 Generators?
You might look at removing all your lines, gauges, filters, shutoffs prior to the 1/2" PVC 'manifold', and replacing them with 1/2" lines, gauges, filters, shutoffs so no air flow component is smaller in diameter than your 'manifold' diameter. Intent is to maintain your air pressure and your air flow consistently throughout the system until it's point of use.

Could I just run another air line to the FloJet?