What's new

Foam Brush Help

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
You are starving it. Your flojet wants to drink from the black hose which is connected to a PVC pipe; and that same PVC pipe also feeds the generators. The pipe is being fed by a straw. How can the FloJet get enough air from a pipe that is not being fed enough air to supply it and at the same time supply the generators?
I'm running a very busy 6-bay car wash off one line that size, four low pressure systems with Flojets. It's enough.

MEP001

Reaction score
My compressor is making air but when the air is feeding the Flo Jet for the liquid and the air is feeding the air side of the foam it seems my liquid side is starving for air. But if I adjust the air side it runs fine. So what pressure do I set each for? Do I need to put a needle valve control to regulate the liquid or air? I have regulators on the air side feeding the foam. Only regulator I have for the liquid side is to control the Flo Jet.
Did you put a gauge on the liquid side to monitor it? That's the only way you'll be able to tell if you're starving the pump for air.

What did you put in the generators? If you pack them too tight, the liquid will flow fine, but when you turn up the air the foam itself can restrict the flow. Try turning the air regulators all the way down, turn on one bay and listen to the pump, and adjust the air to the pump so it's cycling about every three seconds. Turn the air up for that bay very slowly and watch the foam. With your setup of 1/2" hose going out to the bay it may take 30 seconds to change in the bay. Keep turning the air up about 1/4 turn at a time, and if the Flojet cycle slows down increase the air to it so it always stays the same. If the foam goes straight from too runny to too dry, either your generators are packed too tight or your Flojet is bad. A ruptured diaphragm in the pump will let air enter the liquid stream, and restriction from the air entering the other side will stop the pump from moving liquid and it will move only air.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
You can simplify the system by eliminating the foam generators and metering valves and improve product delivery with a few changes…
1. Air pressure regulators with gauges feed the FloJet and the air-assist solenoids
2. Run 1/4" poly tubing from each pair of solenoids
3. Connect the 2 poly tubes to a Tee at a point near the foam brush boom
4. Connect a 3/8” or 1/2” tube/hose from the Tee’s outlet to the boom inlet
5. Set Flojet air pressure to 40 PSI
6. Set Air Assist pressure to 30 PSI
7. Adjust Air Assist PSI up for dryer foam…down for wetter foam. Adjustments should only be 1 or 2 PSI at a time until satisfied.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
We were thinking of putting a line off compressor to the air side of the setup and a line to the liquid side but a meter on each line to regulate the amount of air feeding the set up.

I put a brand new Flo Jet in as well, The foam generators are the ones you can buy from Kleen rite.

Thanks for all the comments. I will be visiting the wash tomorrow.

Etowah

mcarter1990

Reaction score
Solved the issue today. Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Come to find out my pressures weren't set correct. Pictures are from both bays and the mechanical room setup.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might want to cut the foam brush tip back a size or two, unless you're using Lustra.

Reaction score
Shut the product off and crank up your air and see if you're getting air at the brush
Had a problem like that before the foam generator block dema 93.27 in the Attic was stuck. Wasnt letting the air out. It was letting a little bit of air out but not nearly as much as it should have been for the pressure I had. Also check and make sure the air solenoid is opening all the way.
I see you're fixed it but I already wrote this maybe it'll help somebody else down the line. you need a lot bigger air hose than that little straw at least 3/8 I'd use 1/2.