What's new

Foam Brush Foamer Cartridge Replacement

bigleo48

Reaction score
So I started my testing with removing the foamer altogether. That's where it ended. 70 lbs air pump setting and 65 lbs air output and perfect foam!

Thanks guys !

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Big,

More details please for those thinking of making the switch.

Flo Jet or other pump?

Needle valves on liquid &/or air or not?

Size of air and liquid tubing?

Type of foam Brush - 3 or 6 hole?

Size of hose to FB - 1/4" or 3/8"

FWIW (I will have to check) I think the pressure to my Flo Jets is set at about 50psi and air at about 15 PSI - No Needle valves.

Have you played with the pressure or is that where you set it and it worked?

Unless your ratcheting it down with needle valves seems like at those pressures your trying to put a lot of volume thru small openings and the flo jets (if that is what you are using) would be fighting the air pressure.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys....

Coinwash...I can get them for $20 a piece, or go around and get the PVC, cut it, fill with scrubbies, glue it together, put on some fittings. Sounds even.

The problems with them is that the air can bunch the scrubbies to the end and partially plugging it. Then turn up the air to make it better, only to make it worst down the road. I'll give it a try without one and see the results...if not I'll replace them. I removed the one in my IBA for the presoaks a while back and happy its gone.

Big
How about using a porous bag filled with B.B.'s.
Wouldn't the B.B.'s agitate the liquid the same as scrubbies?
I would think that the weight of the B.B.'s would not move and plug the end.
Just a thought.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Heres a picture of my FB Generator. There is a 5/8 ID Poly hose going to the bays. Flojet running 60 psi. Air set at each genertor with its own regulator @ 40 psi. These generators are original Mark VII equipment....Over 25 years old. I have a needle valve on the liquid side of the generator...Makes great foam....So far the only thing I've had to do with this system is increase the liquid a bit in 90°+ heat....Seems to not put out as much when its really hot out. Probably from the heat in the attic... It is also equiped with air blow down, the fitting on the side.

CCAR

Reaction score
Removed my foam generators

I tried it with out the foam generator and it worked perfect. Delivery is almost instant. I did have to re-adjust the air pressure, no big deal. Thanks forum, this is a good idea with good results.

MEP001

Reaction score
We used to build washes and replace equipment without using a foam generator. You can get good foam with just a tee, but you will definitely get more foam with less product using a foam generator.

I make my generators with 1 1/2" PVC, and every six months or so I rinse the tank with bleach and run it through all the bays. The generators don't clog.