What's new

Flojets not working on any bay

Jpwatson

Reaction score
I’m new to the world of Carwash ownership and figuring it out as I go. I have lost all pressure on all low pressure items in all 4 bays. D&S setup, cat pumps, flojet g57, d&s meter boxes. The high pressure items work. Pressures are all reading good, air compressor is working good, tanks all have liquid, solidnoid is magnetized. Any thoughts? Strange that 3 flojets to go down at the same time.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Pull the airline out the flojet and press the white little plunger. Are you getting air? If so leave that off and blow out the flojet by pulling off the right hose that goes to bays and sticking the air line back in the flojet. Is your compressor holding air?

MEP001

Reaction score
Or more likely you have a check valve leaking by and high pressure has gotten past and locked the solenoids closed. Take a look at the gauges and see if they aren't wrapped all the way around and pegged on the high side, or just showing higher than 100 PSI. The MOPD of the solenoids is only 100, so if pressure is behind them higher than that they can't open. Quick fix is to take the coil off and loosen the stem to bleed off the pressure, but you'll need to find the bad check valve at the boom.

OurTown

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how this happened on all four bays all of a sudden.

MEP001

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how this happened on all four bays all of a sudden.
It happens because none of the liquid solenoids can open if the inlet pressure is too high. There's nothing on D&S equipment to prevent this from happening. The tire cleaner/presoak share a common check valve, and any one of them sticking open will cause a pressure lock. That's why his foam brush still works.

MEP001

Reaction score
Kind of puzzling. Makes me wonder if the air is on to the flojets thats why i was asking to pull air hose out of flojet.
D&S equipment usually has a common air line to all the Flojets with no controls to activate the pumps. That's why the foam brush still works.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Gotcha. Mine have separate air lines running to the manifold block on my system. The presoak and tire cleaner run into a t valve with the air onto the check valve at boom.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I put the tire cleaner, presoak and air into a cross and into one check valve, and I use an air regulator that will bleed off pressure on its outlet. If a check valve fails, it just weeps out through the regulator and nothing bad happens.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I put the tire cleaner, presoak and air into a cross and into one check valve, and I use an air regulator that will bleed off pressure on its outlet. If a check valve fails, it just weeps out through the regulator and nothing bad happens.
Thats how mine is you described it better though:)