What's new

FloJet

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Is this tied into a bay manifold- presoak, tire clean, etc? I have seen high pressure come back in the lines due to bad check valve and kill the flojet

Roz

Reaction score
Problem solved. The 1/2” hoses on the bottom were snug fits so I did not use a clamp on them. Just added clamps and the issue is resolved. Strange

traveler17

Reaction score
Is this tied into a bay manifold- presoak, tire clean, etc? I have seen high pressure come back in the lines due to bad check valve and kill the flojet
I’m gonna high jack this thread if thats ok. I’ve been having this exact issue for 2 months !!! I’m at my wits end. I bought 16 new check valves in going away from fluid control. Brand new valves the other day and I’ve busted another flo jet. Kleen rite is sending me more of a different brand. I have tire cleaner bleeding through the pre soak chem line going all the way to the solenoid in the room. Am
I missing something else? I thought this was simple fix. Am I just getting bad batch of valves or is something in my system causing them to fail?

Roz

Reaction score
I don't remove the hoses from the barbs since they just unclip and pull out of the pump.
Yes normally but the hoses looked so-so therefore I just replaced them.

does anyone repair them or just discard them?

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
I’m gonna high jack this thread if thats ok. I’ve been having this exact issue for 2 months !!! I’m at my wits end. I bought 16 new check valves in going away from fluid control. Brand new valves the other day and I’ve busted another flo jet. Kleen rite is sending me more of a different brand. I have tire cleaner bleeding through the pre soak chem line going all the way to the solenoid in the room. Am
I missing something else? I thought this was simple fix. Am I just getting bad batch of valves or is something in my system causing them to fail?
Don’t take the wrong way but sometimes tired eyes will install them with the flow the wrong way.

MEP001

Reaction score
I always plumb car washes with one check valve at the boom with presoak, tire cleaner, and air lines joined at a cross. In the room I use an air regulator like this one that relieves pressure on the outlet that exceeds the set inlet pressure. If a check valve in the bay fails, the regulators just relieve the pressure and nothing gets damaged.

I use the Fluid Controls 1/4" check valves with Teflon seals and I've had no failures. Maybe you have debris getting down stream and getting caught in them?

traveler17

Reaction score
Don’t take the wrong way but sometimes tired eyes will install them with the flow the wrong way.
100 percent agree , no offense taken. But, definitively not the problem. I put my readers on to make sure :)

Randy

Reaction score
We put a additional check valve on the discharge line of the pump, between the floJet pump and the manifold.

traveler17

Reaction score
I always plumb car washes with one check valve at the boom with presoak, tire cleaner, and air lines joined at a cross. In the room I use an air regulator like this one that relieves pressure on the outlet that exceeds the set inlet pressure. If a check valve in the bay fails, the regulators just relieve the pressure and nothing gets damaged.

I use the Fluid Controls 1/4" check valves with Teflon seals and I've had no failures. Maybe you have debris getting down stream and getting caught in them?
The fluid controls is what I’ve always used. That’s what I was leaning towards, trash in the lines. I don’t know what else cause this. I cleaned out the tanks , solenoids etc yesterday. Same issue today. You wouldn’t happen to have a visual of how you set it up in the bay would ya. I have air logics in the equipment room. one manifold in each bay for PS and TC. Obviously 2 air and 2 chem lines for each. Came in this afternoon , same issue after getting it right and testing after changing some more valves yesterday.

MEP001

Reaction score
This is at the boom:

Manifold.jpg

Board inside:

Board.jpg

The air lines are tee'd out of sight and only one air line runs to the bay.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem with backfeeding PS until I put it on the LP gun with Tri Foam. The only cv's I have in the trough now is for SFR. Went from 16 cv's down to 4! No cv's on any of the LP lines. I like the KISS method! Getting too old to make weekly trips up into the attic!

Roz

Reaction score
What PSI are your air and product settings? Also we need to set things with the product running in a bay otherwise we can get inaccurate settings. Product should be about 2x air.

traveler17

Reaction score
What PSI are your air and product settings? Also we need to set things with the product running in a bay otherwise we can get inaccurate settings. Product should be about 2x air.
Running all low pressure chems at 60 40

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Guilty here of doing that before. I always mark big directional arrow on mine with a sharpie where I can easily see it. That way when I get up in the attic I don't need my reading glasses.

Problem solved. The 1/2” hoses on the bottom were snug fits so I did not use a clamp on them. Just added clamps and the issue is resolved. Strange
What product is this? Non-neutral chemicals play havoc with normal PVC tubing over time. Also the newer waxes can be problematic and cause the tubing to swell. .

Roz

Reaction score
Guilty here of doing that before. I always mark big directional arrow on mine with a sharpie where I can easily see it. That way when I get up in the attic I don't need my reading glasses.

What product is this? Non-neutral chemicals play havoc with normal PVC tubing over time. Also the newer waxes can be problematic and cause the tubing to swell. .
Desalt and Tire Shine are the hardest on the poly lines.