What's new

Fleck 9000 problem

RAATCB

Reaction score
Hardness = 20 grains

Refill flow rate = 12 minutes/6 gallons X 3lbs = 18lbs per regen.

RAATCB

Reaction score
MEP001 Can you tell me if my settings are correct or should I use less/more salt? Cost of salt is getting expensive especially if i'm using too much.

Hardness = 20 grains
Tank size = 12 x 52
Resin = 2 cubic ft
Dial setting = 2100 gallons usage per regen.
Brine tank refill open pins = 6 open holes @ 2 mins each pin and .50 gallons per min (Brine line flow refill rate) which equals to 12 minutes/6 gallons brine refill.

MEP001

Reaction score
It only takes 6 lbs/cu.ft. to get 20,000 grains of total softening, so unless your water is extremely expensive it's generally more cost-effective to use minimal salting. Besides, your meter is set to the longest range at minimal salt usage, so you're definitely wasting salt.

I'd move it down to 4 pin gap on refill and bring it down to 2000 per regen, and try to test the water a few times right before it regenerates to make sure it's staying soft. It won't hurt if you test at a grain or two right at end of range.

RAATCB

Reaction score
It only takes 6 lbs/cu.ft. to get 20,000 grains of total softening, so unless your water is extremely expensive it's generally more cost-effective to use minimal salting. Besides, your meter is set to the longest range at minimal salt usage, so you're definitely wasting salt.

I'd move it down to 4 pin gap on refill and bring it down to 2000 per regen, and try to test the water a few times right before it regenerates to make sure it's staying soft. It won't hurt if you test at a grain or two right at end of range.
Thank you for the help, much appreciated. I have another question...When the system is refilling the brine tank for 12 minutes, it's suppose to shut off once it goes over the 2 pins. I noticed yesterday it still continues to fill after going over the last 2 pins. What I did was I lifted up the float valve so it can shut off the water. I replaced the injector but still not fixed. Any ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
You probably need to replace the brine valve in the head. It's very easy. You can confirm if it's bad and not shutting off by loosening the compression fitting at the valve going to the tank. There should be no water pressure on it if it's not regenerating.

RAATCB

Reaction score
When the unit is not regenerating, there is no water flow from brine line to the tank. It only stays on after the switch arm goes over the last 2 pins until it shuts off by the float valve.

What you think MEP001?

MEP001

Reaction score
The float valve is there only as a backup to the shutoff valve in the head. As I said, see if there is water pressure to the tank when it's not regenerating. If there is, replace the brine valve in the head.