What's new

Fire, Fire, Fire

Randy

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. A “New American” who can’t read or write English and can barely speak English was cleaning out his sisters RAV 4, they had spilled gasoline in the back. They were running a lawn service and using the RAV 4 to haul there equipment, mower and weed wacker. He had used Castrol Super clean/degreaser in the back of the SUV. There was just enough gas vapor in the carpet that when he started the vacuum after 20 seconds the vacuum literally exploded in flames. Flames came out the top and around the doors. Everything plastic was melted and the inside of the vacuum is a burned out mess. By the time the Fire Department got there is was a total loss. They said the guy was lucky it didn’t go off like a bomb. So there you go a 6 month old $7000 combo vac destroyed. He’s got no money, no insurance and no job. So here we are screwed again.

br549ms

Reaction score
Probably not in his name. A friend of mine got hit by a illegal (yes I said illegal). No insurance, no anything, still has not received compensation.

Don’t forget to vote, this may be our last chance to slow down this madness.

APW

Reaction score
Randy if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. In all seriousness I am sorry that happened to you.

slash007

Reaction score
No insurance on your vacs? I put insurance on all of mine and was only worried about theft. Guess this is more likely.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
Probably not in his name. A friend of mine got hit by a illegal (yes I said illegal). No insurance, no anything, still has not received compensation.

Don’t forget to vote, this may be our last chance to slow down this madness.
I'm not sure why you act like illegal was pejorative. If they were driving with no license or insurance, then they are illegal by definition.

I always encourage people to vote inasmuch as it's our responsibility. But, this 'madness' is already slowing:

https://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11...grant-total-dips-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade/

soapy

Reaction score
Insurance Randy probably has like all of us. A huge deductible that comes out of his pocket. Sorry for the loss.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Randy, you and fires sounds like a recurring thing. Didnt you have a car catch fire in a bay? No luck for you.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
"They" are everywhere!

mac

Reaction score
This is sad but not surprising. In many cases the illegals have more rights that tax paying citizens. For instance if an illegal gets pulled over for DUI, and he or she hasn't hit anything, they are simply let go. Oh they might get a ticket but that's it, If I get pulled over for DUI my car is impounded, I spend a night in jail, and they will suck between 10K to 20K out of my bank account. Seems fair.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
This is sad but not surprising. In many cases the illegals have more rights that tax paying citizens. For instance if an illegal gets pulled over for DUI, and he or she hasn't hit anything, they are simply let go. Oh they might get a ticket but that's it, If I get pulled over for DUI my car is impounded, I spend a night in jail, and they will suck between 10K to 20K out of my bank account. Seems fair.
The Washington Examiner wrote:

"More than a quarter of a million people illegally present in the United States were removed from the country in fiscal year 2018, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Approximately half of the 158,000 people arrested by ICE — 80,730 — had been charged or convicted of driving under the influence, according to the agency's annual report."

SOURCE: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...migrants-in-2018-with-dui-charges-convictions

After I read that, I wondered how many of those 80k undocumented immigrant arrests were deported and was unable to find a quick, easy answer. But, I did find this:

"According to data released Thursday, that percentage fell to 63.5 percent in December, the lowest monthly figure since ICE started categorizing arrests in 2012. That means 36.5 percent of the arrests were simply undocumented with no criminal history."

SOURCE: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ted-immigrants-no-criminal-record/3232476002/

The alluded to percentage is the percent of undocumented immigrants with a criminal history. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, if you will allow it, and say that if ICE arrests an undocumented immigrant on charges of DUI, then they will most certainly deport them as they deport undocumented immigrants with no criminal history.

Lastly, I found an article describing your complaint about how prosecutors will undercharge or not prosecute undocumented immigrants with regards to DUI and I'll admit that I am torn here. On one hand, I feel like being deported for a first offense, nonviolent DUI is extreme. On the other hand, DUI is extremely dangerous and if you are in a country as an undocumented immigrant, then you should be on your best behavior.

"If you’re convicted of a first-time DUI in Washington state, you could be sentenced to one night in jail, pay up to $5,000 in fines, and lose your driver’s license for 90 days. If you’re an undocumented immigrant convicted of drunk driving, you could be deported. That’s why in King County, prosecutors may choose to charge undocumented immigrants with a lesser crime. 'Fundamentally it’s a matter of justice,' said King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg. 'It’s not fair that if two people who commit the same offense, one may risk being sent back to a country where they haven’t been since they were a child.'"

SOURCE: https://kuow.org/stories/deported-after-dui-king-county-says-s-not-fair/

I see his point. And, I'll be honest and admit that I've had issues with drunk driving when I was young. My first couple of offenses (Yes, I'm a horrible person that had alcohol issues when I returned from Iraq), I cooperated with the officers and they allowed me to call another person to drive my vehicle home and I was not charged. My next offense, I was allowed to do pre-trial diversion. It cost me money and I had to attend some classes, but it did not go on my record. So, you don't necessarily have a record and all of those penalties that you listed in your post.