What's new

Fastest, best cleaning IBA?

soonermajic

Reaction score
What you guys say? What's the best cleaning Friction & also fastest, or @ leqst somewhat fast...?

MGSMN

Reaction score
In my experience:

Best cleaning capability - Wash World Profile.
Fastest wash capability - Ryko Softgloss 5 Brush with Washbuilder software.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think you have to pick one or another. I would nominate istobal for one of the for best overall cleaning but it is slow.

Oasis I5 is probably an excellent compromise between the two.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, cleaning is important but so is speed. There has got to be a sweet spot between the two. If the cars aren't coming clean enough you'll get complaints and need to adjust. If the wash is painfully slow, customers will not wait if the line is too long. For example; If I hand wash your car and it takes a half hour to do it thoroughly and well, I won't be able to satisfy peak demand with this format.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve only seen videos of the Belanger Freestyler but from what I can tell, it does seem faster than the three brush machines. Can’t comment on wash quality though - maybe someone who has seen it in person can.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Freestyler does an excellent wash. They're also safer to the cars than most frictions.

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to work for a distributor who sold them - there were never any damage claims other than a broken antenna or two per year. I still know a couple people running the Freestyler who say the same thing. One has the new material and says it's supposed to be even better.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I used to work for a distributor who sold them - there were never any damage claims other than a broken antenna or two per year. I still know a couple people running the Freestyler who say the same thing. One has the new material and says it's supposed to be even better.
Whats the NEW material?
What all did you like about Freestyler, compared to ther IBAs & why?
What was price, support, distributor network, speed & quality like?

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
We have had a Freestyler for almost a year now. Top wheel uses the neotex. I purchased used and installed myself. Simple to work on and a lot of the parts are the same as our Saber. I added hot wax and light show. Cleans well and can wash duallies. Couldn't rinse off all the soap but I think this is a flaw for almost any friction machine. Mark VII doesn't rinse the backs of SUVs well either. I added my own medium pressure rinse system and tied it into the 10 hp wheel cleaner pump. No more soapy vehicle complainants. Need to do the same with the Mark VII. Remote assess is nice and all package settings are customizable. Only complaints is it shacks the vehicle a little when wraps are coming around back of vehicle and a little hard on mirrors. If I was going to buy new I would look at the new Belanger Cube.

washnshine

Reaction score
We have had a Freestyler for almost a year now. Top wheel uses the neotex. I purchased used and installed myself. Simple to work on and a lot of the parts are the same as our Saber. I added hot wax and light show. Cleans well and can wash duallies. Couldn't rinse off all the soap but I think this is a flaw for almost any friction machine. Mark VII doesn't rinse the backs of SUVs well either. I added my own medium pressure rinse system and tied it into the 10 hp wheel cleaner pump. No more soapy vehicle complainants. Need to do the same with the Mark VII. Remote assess is nice and all package settings are customizable. Only complaints is it shacks the vehicle a little when wraps are coming around back of vehicle and a little hard on mirrors. If I was going to buy new I would look at the new Belanger Cube.
Right - especially with all the foaming waxes and polishes you need a medium pressure rinse on most machines to get rid of everything especially in the recessed areas. Hate it when the blower just spreads the unrinsed foam around.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you have one of those? I assume the 3 minute wash is the bottom wash.
No - I don’t own one - I was strongly considering putting one in a few years back so I was doing research, but I ended up not going through with the plan. From what I found out these are quick because of:

-5 brush design
-Wheel blasters instead of brushes
-No pass needed for profiling or sizing
-Less time on front and rear of cars than straight axis machines
- triple foam can be put on at first pass
- speed can still be faster on top wash if you
Do not program a double wash - rather just add on the protection options as chemical applications without another brush pass

not sure if these are lava ready or have retrofits to do lava application.

Owners of these machines will know way more than me - I just happened to get serious about getting one a few years ago and did some homework.

Etowah