What's new

eCatcher for Washworld - For those who use Apple phones

peaches

Reaction score
Turn off your phone WiFi so it is only using the cell towers. No Wifi, that way your phone is acting like it is not at the wash location, and is relying only on Cellular.
If you want to use only WiFi, then put it on airplane mode, and only enable WiFi on your phone. Then you phone will connect with your local wash WiFi network.

When at the wash location, your phone may be conflicting between using WiFi and Cellular signals.

We have tried that; still doesn't work.

Roz

Reaction score
Yes, both apps are enabled to use cellular data. I have my data roaming turned on. I just had someone from T-Mobile text me offering to help so I"m hopeful they will figure this out. Again, thank you Roz. If you think of anything else, please let me know. I'll take any suggestions you have. I don't mind a bit if this is all on me and some stupid thing I am doing, I just want to get it fixed.
If things work on Wifi I am wondering if you have a firewall creating the issue. You may need to Whitelist an IP address

soonermajic

Reaction score
Sheesh, buy a new phone. Problem over. Ha
I got a Galaxy S8 Active. About 8 yrs old, build like an A1-Abrams tank, & still runs everything perfect. Dam Russians, Chinese & NKoreans can't get in either!
It's full on military grade. Cost no more to buy than notmal phone.

58vwragtop

Reaction score
I've had the exact same problem trying to log into my Razor. It will work on WIFI only and not cellular. I have been in contact with Schneider Electric who owns Vijeo app for the past 3 months. It looks like its the firewall on Sprint/T-Mobile cellular network. I haven't tried to contact T-Mobile yet to see if they can make changes to allow this port to pass through port.

peaches

Reaction score
June, 2023 and still cannot access eCatcher and Vijeo and now I'm being told by Washworld that it's a T-Mobile issue because T-Mobile is not compatible with the app. I wish they would have let us know, before we purchased the equipment to use this, that we would need to get additional phones on another carrier in order to be able to run the wash when we are not on site. Of course, we were also told over a year ago that a fix was in the works for this. I miss my old PDQ Laser equipment more and more every day.

peaches

Reaction score
Sheesh, buy a new phone. Problem over. Ha
I got a Galaxy S8 Active. About 8 yrs old, build like an A1-Abrams tank, & still runs everything perfect. Dam Russians, Chinese & NKoreans can't get in either!
It's full on military grade. Cost no more to buy than notmal phone.

It's not an Apple problem, it's a T-Mobile problem and I'm not going to buy all of my people new phones but I guess I will have to buy one and pay another wireless carrier for whoever is on call to carry the stupid thing! I'm sorry but I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Roz

Reaction score
It's not an Apple problem, it's a T-Mobile problem and I'm not going to buy all of my people new phones but I guess I will have to buy one and pay another wireless carrier for whoever is on call to carry the stupid thing! I'm sorry but I think the whole thing is ridiculous.
I was told it is an apple issue. We had similar problems with Verizon and ATT on a random basis. Frustrating for sure.

peaches

Reaction score
I was told it is an apple issue. We had similar problems with Verizon and ATT on a random basis. Frustrating for sure.
Oh my, and I was just deciding that I would purchase a phone from Verizon. I've had the problem and no way to connect since 2019 and I have three Washworld washes. You would think they would do something about this.

Roz

Reaction score
Frankly I think it is an App issue as I use an iPad on WiFi without an issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
Oh my, and I was just deciding that I would purchase a phone from Verizon.
I have Verizon and generally like them, but I also purchased a Visible phone to try. Same coverage (Same network), same phone, $90/month with 6 GB of data vs. $30/month unlimited everything.

Roz

Reaction score
I just purchased (for free) a Google Pixel 6a with new basic cell plan from Comcast. Will see how that works as it uses Verizon. Made sense as that got us a discount on cellular backup for the wash. It’s crazy that I need to purchase redundancy from Comcast for the headaches they create when their cable system goes down. Happened twice this week and customers just get frustrated when cc processing g does not work. Talk about a monopoly that should be broken up, wired internet access to business and homes. I know about the various cell based services but that is not relatable enough for prime time.

from what I have read it may be a t-mobile and Vijeo app issue, something about IP4 or IP6. Works when on WiFi but not always when on cell service The app does not appear to handle IP4 or IP6 protocols Which I think are becoming a standard for cell providers.

Last edited:
Etowah