What's new

Does adding additional bays make sense?

Etowah

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting! After all the great ideas, I am now going to increase price ( it is now 38 sec per quarter with 1.25 to start. I am thinking 30 sec per quarter while keeping the start price the same to avoid noises ). Also, I am seriously considering placing an attendant during weekend peak hours. I will assess after these changes to decide additional bays.

chaz

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting! After all the great ideas, I am now going to increase price ( it is now 38 sec per quarter with 1.25 to start. I am thinking 30 sec per quarter while keeping the start price the same to avoid noises ). Also, I am seriously considering placing an attendant during weekend peak hours. I will assess after these changes to decide additional bays.
wow! Yeah you are priced on the lower side. Up to you....but you really need to increase price to see a real income increase vs guys working faster and maybe leaving with a slightly dirty car and being mad at you. If I were you.....I’d increase price AND time. Maybe go to $2 start for 4 minutes (that was my price 10 years ago in Ohio).still at your proposed .25 per 30 sec. advantages to you is a higher start price and likely fewer of the slobs that hose off the mud and run. Again I’d not make a huge announcement...just make the change and have nice looking price signs that promote more time over new price. If asked I say yeah we went up a bit but you’ve now also have more time so as not to rush. Good luck

may also look at your vac price!!!

you are in biz to make money......most customers understand this and care less about price and more about clean facility with lots of soaps and good working equipment

MC3033

Reaction score
I’d definitely recommend increasing price. $2 for 4 would be a good start but I wouldn’t be afraid of going up higher overtime.

Are all the current bays truck bays? Is this in an urban area?

soonermajic

Reaction score
$182k/yr is tremendous. Go up just a qrtr, & increase that to $195k!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have a 10 bay SS and 1 automatic. Wish I had 8 bays and 1 automatic just not worth the extra up keep maybe in the 90s during the SS boom. I would 200% add a automatic to your site and increase your revenue more than 3 SS bays ever would.

Cool Wash

Reaction score
I have thought about adding an automatic. However, there is a new express wash started last year only a block away and another established one little over a mile from my wash. My daily traffic is 32000 @40 speed limit with a center lane. One Mile demographic is 17k and 3 Mille 110k. Med HH income in 1 mile is $59k and $62k in 3 mile. In addition there are 3 gas station automatic within a mile radius. There is no touchless in 3 mile radius.

What do you all think of the viability of adding an automatic? If you do, will it be better to add friction since everyone around is accustomed with it or a touch less to differentiate from others?

soonermajic

Reaction score
100% Id go touchless!
Wash World: Razor--. All Stainless, solid & great support
Oasis: Typhoon-- VERY fast & cleans well, built solid. Bit expensive
Ryko: Radius-- they have great sales, which makes em very affordable. Lots of tech support
All 3 of those are able to wash Duallys