What's new

Dispense two different functions from same foamy coil hose?

Mchas

Reaction score
I currently have triple foam dispensed from a foamy coil hose and the rubber gun. I would like to add another low pressure foamy product (like presoak) and be able to dispense it from the same gun, but I imagine it would take too long for the first product to clear the hose before the new product starts flowing.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions? I was wondering if there are any coil hoses like that that have two separate lines inside but I searched and didn’t find anything so it was probably not a good idea anyway.

Basically - if I wanted to dispense two low pressure foamy products what’s the best way to do it? (I know I could use two separate hoses and guns but I already have quite a few in each bay and don’t want them getting any more tangled up than they already do).

Appreciate any ideas!

MEP001

Reaction score
I would recommend a delay on the air solenoid so it will blow the last used product out of the hose, then the next selection will fill the hose quickly with minimal mixing.

OurTown

Reaction score
Also you will need to weep it or have a blow down/antifreeze system if it gets below freezing where your wash is. You can buy antifreeze triple foam but not presoak.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
The key to rapid product changeover is to run all product lines into a manifold, directly above the foam gun’s boom.

Since the individual product lines are always full, changeover time is reduced to 5 seconds or less.

Mchas

Reaction score
It doesn’t freeze where I am so that’s not going to be an issue.

If I have two different chemicals coming into the top of a 25 ft 3/8” foamy coil hose, you think it will clear within a few seconds? I was assuming it would take longer and not work very well.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
2Biz dispenses his PS through the TF gun and seems to be pleased with the results. There are TF hoses for all three colors at once. I don't think there is any law that all three have to be utilized.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
That’s my experience.
Pump pressure helps, too.

Mchas

Reaction score
2Biz dispenses his PS through the TF gun and seems to be pleased with the results. There are TF hoses for all three colors at once. I don't think there is any law that all three have to be utilized.
I don’t think the hose is specially made for triple foam? Mine rotates the colors with solenoids in the equipment room and the hose is just a regular coiled hose.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
With a 2 second air purge between chemicals, product is flowing by the time the customer makes it from the coin box to the foam gun. The 2 second air purge has multiple functions. The biggest is the noise it makes to let the customer know where TF/PS is being dispensed! It also helps in the winter with a blow down/WF purge system.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Also, the experience I had using curly hose...I didn't like them. Always a tangled mess and had problems with freezing in the winter even with the winterizing/purge system. Switched them out to straight 3/8 air hose and fixed both issues...

Mchas

Reaction score
I'm talking about something like this:

Aha - that’s what I had in mind when I started the thread. I must not have known what to search for. I wonder if the individual tubes are big enough to dispense enough product though? They must be significantly smaller than the 3/8” I have now.

Mchas

Reaction score
With a 2 second air purge between chemicals, product is flowing by the time the customer makes it from the coin box to the foam gun. The 2 second air purge has multiple functions. The biggest is the noise it makes to let the customer know where TF/PS is being dispensed! It also helps in the winter with a blow down/WF purge system.
Sounds like the 2 second idea could work. What sort of equipment is needed to implement that? Some pictures would help me get an idea if you have any!

MEP001

Reaction score
My customers love seeing the triple foam change colors. I wrote my own ladder program where they overlap so I get six colors.

Jsshac

Reaction score
I run hot wax through the same gun as trifoam works good and have set several customer’s up that way.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Sounds like the 2 second idea could work. What sort of equipment is needed to implement that? Some pictures would help me get an idea if you have any!
See post 12 on the thread below. Its a 0-3 second "on delay" relay wired inline with the chemical solenoid. When selected, it delays for whatever you have it preset at. I have mine set to delay on for 2 seconds.

(33) Homemade/DIY IDX MX-8? | Car Wash Forum