What's new

Cryptopay Wiring

Twodose

Reaction score
i have had cryptopay swipers for i am guessing 6-8 years (before they even came with the gray wires) and just had to replace one 2 weeks ago.
What part of the country you in? Curious because i'm in northeast pa and we get some really cold winters, i'm just starting to wire the swipers up and thought about wiring them to make it easier to change them out instead of taking everything apart to change one.

jack954

Reaction score
st louis. although i close everything when it gets down to single digits, have had no problems with the cold

CentralTex

Reaction score
i have had cryptopay swipers for i am guessing 6-8 years (before they even came with the gray wires) and just had to replace one 2 weeks ago. i haven’t had any problems at all before that. the gray wires go to #1 & #2 on the led 7. you will only see coin count if you purchase site analytics
Does anyone have photos of what the connection should look like? WE just had techs install our new equipment and I'm not showing coin counts even though we have site analytics.

jack954

Reaction score
check in device configuration that your coin is valued at .25, i think the original default is 0. if you can’t find it call cryptopay and they will walk you through it in about 2 minutes

CentralTex

Reaction score
Thanks Jack. We do have coins valued at .25. We are discussing now with crypto. Hopefully we can get it resolved fairly quickly.

MEP001

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of what the connection should look like? WE just had techs install our new equipment and I'm not showing coin counts even though we have site analytics.
A photo won't do you much good as you'll need to know what the wires are and some timers wire up different than others, but it's really simple. One gray wire goes to the coin signal on the acceptor, the other to common.

Twodose

Reaction score
And is that a homemade heater out of an old coin acceptor frame on the right inside?
Its a used sensortron frame with a coinbox heater from KR mounted on it, you can't see in the picture but there are spacers under the front to keep it slightly off the faceplate so it doesn't hit the mounting screws for the cryptopay swiper since it is mounted underneath it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Its a used sensortron frame with a coinbox heater from KR mounted on it, you can't see in the picture but there are spacers under the front to keep it slightly off the faceplate so it doesn't hit the mounting screws for the cryptopay swiper since it is mounted underneath it.
Yeah, I could see it standing off from the faceplate. Interesting idea.

pgrzes

Reaction score
So are you using the Sensortron frame just to hold the heat strip? If so I'm a little confused as to why you wouldnt just put the heat strip on the faceplate itself? I always try to keep them as close to the middle of the faceplate as possible? I have had Crypto swipers for over 10 years and have only sent a few back.