What's new

Cryptopay timers again

getnbusy

Reaction score
Hey guys im about to order a cryptopay system. I have IDX now but I want to count up. Which timer do I need for count up ? The Dixmor LED6 or LED7 ? why ?
thanks
Bob

MDrost1

Reaction score
I have LED7s on all of my bays with count up. LED6 on the vacuums with count down. I think the Dixmor LED7 is the only one that can do count up.

Robert2181

Reaction score
"Count up or Down" is all programmed in the card swipe via Cryptopay web site when you configure each bay.

getnbusy

Reaction score
"Count up or Down" is all programmed in the card swipe via Cryptopay web site when you configure each bay.
I didn't know that, but I thought only certain timers would count up. I notice the led 6 and led7 both count up. Was wondering which one was better and why ?? Is anybody counting up on vacuums ?
Thx
Bob

pgrzes

Reaction score
When you go in to configure your swiper, you have to let the swiper know whether the timer is count up or down. The swiper does not control the timer. I have led 7's with cryptopay set for count up and have a few swipers on vacs with Coleman timers that are count down. I am looking at doing some swipers on vacs and trying led 6s timers to do count up.
I have also heard the Ginsan and IDX may now have count up capable timers?? Not certain of this!

MDrost1

Reaction score
I have both LED7's and 6's. The LED7 screen is the retrofit for my GinSan meterboxes, and the LED6's were the only ones that I could use on my vacs(I had to buy a special mounting bracket). They both seem very similar. I don't use count up on vacs. I don't know why. Seems like a good idea : ). I use count up in the bays.

Robert2181

Reaction score
From what I understand, The LED6 has all of the same features as the LED7. The LED6 is a shelf mount bracket and has a brighter red dot matrix display. The LED7 is a face mount and has a red digital numeric/alpha display. There also some messages programmable option differences.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I like the screen appearance of the led6 as its dot matrix. The led7 doesn't use dot matrix, and in my opinion looks old fashioned. I just bought all new meter boxes with bill acceptors, crypto pay, and led6 timers. Dixmor told me you have to use the led5 bracket for the led6. Looks really nice.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If i understand correctly, to do count up on a combo you would have to price both functions for the same price per minute. There is no way for the unit to recalculate when switched back and forth.

slash007

Reaction score
If i understand correctly, to do count up on a combo you would have to price both functions for the same price per minute. There is no way for the unit to recalculate when switched back and forth.
That's exactly right, so count down is really the only way to go on combo vacs.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Sounds like LED 6 is the best choice. Brighter, looks better, sets on a shelf, does all the same things. Dot Matrix is way to go.
What worthwhile features would you want to use on LED6, besides obvious Count Up? Can you s roll your wash sight, write in Spanish, tell folks the wash down the street doesn't have a working SFR?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Replaced all my meter boxes at one of my washes last summer/fall. Got them through Klein rite, had to special order because they typically use led7, I wanted led6. They did it for me, and I love them. I don't use all their features, mainly I wanted the dot matrix display for ease of reading. Especially since I was having cryptopay put on the meter box too, so wanted the customer to be able to read easier.

soonermajic

Reaction score
JeffL, where'd these meter boxes come from? Pa, Tx, Nv? You get the entire box, or just doors? What all did this entail, & about how much per door?

soonermajic

Reaction score
MEP, can I holler at you tomorrow on those Dralco & that 4 stack rotary?
Also, you think I could switch out by DH Touch Select timer w/ a LED6 Dixmor?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you go with the LED-6 and rotary switch, you can definitely do that. I don't know enough about the 2000 touchpad and how it interfaces with the timer to know if you can change just the timer.

Dralco can make the door, they'll just need precise measurements. They would prefer to have a door, but from my experience that doesn't help. I wanted to create it in SketchUp but I have yet to get it to run without crashing.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I've gotten doors for Dilling Harris boxes and Coleman from Carolina Pride. They already have the dimensions just need to know exactly what meter box you have. When I did mine I wanted to get rid of all the D/H parts since the electronics are so hard to get repaired and can get costly trying to keep them working. I went with LED 6's and rotary switches on both types of meter box since the Coleman had swipe and clean doors.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have DH Touch Select 2000s. Can takeout my timer &,replace w/ Dixmor LED6? That's what I Need to know

L

loewem

I have DH Touch Select 2000s. Can takeout my timer &,replace w/ Dixmor LED6? That's what I Need to know
I'd doubt that you can replace the Touch Select 2000 timer with anything else. At least I doubt that it would be as simple swapping timers and attaching some wires. I don't have Touch Selects any longer, so I can't look at the wiring. If I remember correctly all three circuit boards have pins and terminal connections for those pins. There is a timer, the sound board and the controller board. There are some fancy functions built into the Touch Select such as the unit shutting down if water is sensed inside of the meter box and being able to reduce time on certain functions. In order to program the meter box for price/time and other options you use the touch pad options. I'm guessing that there is a relationship between the timer and the controller board that allows for this. Not sure that switching to another timer would allow you to program the price/time or other options.

I agree with what others have suggested about looking into getting new doors with the rotary mechanical switch. Etowah Valley Equipment has the doors for the touch select 2000 in stock and they set them up to your specifications. You tell them the order of your functions and they send you the box and tell you which color wire maps to which function. Very easy install and the inside of your boxes will be much easier to understand and work on. The cost is about $750 per door without bill validator or coin mech. They set mine up with LED 7, but I think they can use the LED 6 or whatever timer you prefer. I purchased five new doors from etowah valley and am very happy that I did.

Etowah