What's new

Cryptopay threatening me to change to Worldpay

Dave in IL

Reaction score
Got an email from Cryptopay saying I had to switch to Worldpay as the gateway we are now using will be discontinued. We have used First Data since we began with Cryptopay and are happy with how it works. Went through this a few years ago when Cryptopay and Worldpay got in bed together. At that time they told us we had no other choice and had to switch. But, First Data disagreed and we have continued uninterrupted ever since. With this second threat today, I again contacted my First Data rep and was told they could not interrupt my service and the implication of not having a choice was unethical. Just thought I would pass this along to others who might be bullied into switching when it isn't necessary. As always, check with your current provider first. I really do not like being lied to and bullied by people I am paying money too.

Dave in IL

Reaction score
I recall a whole lot of discussions on this forum concerning issues with Worldpay. Crazy fees, difficult customer service, chargeback fee hassles etc. Are things better with them now?

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Worldpay is a horrible company. We used to have them for a corporate Restraunt chain. When they merged with vantiv it was going to cost $250 per register to continue processing with them. A huge expense for 64 locations with 4 terminals each. Worldpay refused to pay for this and then shut off gift cards across all locations. Over 30,000 gift cards were still in circulation that store owners now had no idea of balances customers had. The chain has since switched to another processor. We also have had horror stories with our car wash accounts. I would not switch under any circumstances. We have been spending the extra money on Washgear just to avoid dealing with worldpay on the autos.

HCCW

Reaction score
Got an email from Cryptopay saying I had to switch to Worldpay as the gateway we are now using will be discontinued. We have used First Data since we began with Cryptopay and are happy with how it works. Went through this a few years ago when Cryptopay and Worldpay got in bed together. At that time they told us we had no other choice and had to switch. But, First Data disagreed and we have continued uninterrupted ever since. With this second threat today, I again contacted my First Data rep and was told they could not interrupt my service and the implication of not having a choice was unethical. Just thought I would pass this along to others who might be bullied into switching when it isn't necessary. As always, check with your current provider first. I really do not like being lied to and bullied by people I am paying money too.
Good for you! My long time processor Itransact switched to worldpay and what a nightmare they are! 21 years of no issues and all of a sudden I had nonstop issues and worldpay couldn’t find their rear end with both hands. If I were you and things are working smoothly, I’d never switch to worldpay. As it was, I switched everything to an outstanding new service a year ago and couldn’t be happier. They even take care of all my PCI stuff!!! Scans and all. What a relief. I got SO sick of wasting time on that every quarter.

sparkey

Reaction score
My issue with worldpay is if you don't log into their website like every 60 days they will disable your on-line account. It takes an act of god to get it turned back on. Their verification process just to verify its you is the worst I have ever seen. They will ask you questions like what your last transaction was. The questions constantly change so you are never prepared to answer them. I pretty much gave up on ever using their website again. I don't have 2 hours to spend on the phone every time they decide to disable my account.

Mchas

Reaction score
Is anyone else being forced over to WorldPay now? Just noticed CryptoPay set all of my swipers at all locations to “Out of Service” and I cannot change them back. Seems like their way of finally forcing the switch. Not cool.

Dave in IL

Reaction score
Seems like they pulled the plug on all of us. I really, really do not like having the chain around my neck yanked so Cryptopay can make more money off my customers. Yes, they forced the switch to Worldpay. Very clear they are are saying "do it my way or you won't do it at all." I tried to talk with Dave Richards at Cryptopay but he wouldn't take my calls and the people that did talk with me said I couldn't talk to him. Evil likes the darkness and doesn't like lies being exposed to the light. Time to find an alternative it appears.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
I think we should file a class action for this bullshit. They can’t just turn it off like water, this is America! My dad is a high power attorney that loves this kind of crap.
Let me know if anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

mngoalie

Reaction score
I think we should file a class action for this bullshit. They can’t just turn it off like water, this is America! My dad is a high power attorney that loves this kind of crap.
Let me know if anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.
I'm guessing they have high power attorneys as well that figure out a way to use something in the existing contract. Yes, it sucks but they pretty much have a monopoly on car wash processing.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Time will tell for us on our future long term experience with a "from World Pay Processor to another Processor" switch. Not sure if this post will be appreciated, pertinent &/or relevant but I notice about 8 months ago that our ATM processor who helps monitor for "receptacle-machine errors" downtime ... we switched from World Pay & we seem to have better service including the 24/7 monitoring of downtime with notifying us. To keep this post in context ... Caveat: What we have experienced to be the best approach for our 6 "self service only" bays might not work in all geographical areas ... especially with IBAs etc.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
The Carolina Pride Mercury Payment System (for SS) is with WorldPay. My rates have been averaging 7-9% per month. I inquired with my local bank and they partner with PayChex, who has a large and growing credit card processing division. PayChex analyzed my monthly statements, said they could reduce my rates to 4.5-5%, but when contacting Carolina Pride about the compatability with their system, they were told that the company that bought the Mercury Payment System from CP has partnered with WorldPay exclusively. They won’t allow any other credit card processors to integrate with their system. When I expressed my displeasure, I was told the Crypto Pay has the same exclusive arrangement. They charge us an exorbitant fee, so they can take a cut each month.

To add salt to the wound, CP also said that they did not (and would not) have a solution for chip card readers going forward.