What's new

CryptoPay Set Up/ Worldpay

Etowah

edredtop

Reaction score
FYI.... Jonathan is no longer at World Pay. Sara is a contact for Gift Cards.
aaaaagh.... no wonder he hasn't called me back.:D Thank you!

(edit / update) Just tried calling Worldpay again, automated answering service says: "If you know the extension of the person you're trying to reach, please enter it now, otherwise please hold for the next available adviser." then hangs up.
This is 2 1/2 weeks of just trying to make first contact with Worldpay.
I'm literally stuck at page 1, step 1 on the "quickstart" instruction page.
Grrrrr!!

Last edited:

MsR

Reaction score

(edit / update) Just tried calling Worldpay again, automated answering service says: "If you know the extension of the person you're trying to reach, please enter it now, otherwise please hold for the next available adviser." then hangs up.
Grrrrr!!
Have you reached out to CryptoPay?

edredtop

Reaction score
Going to keep grinding away at it, no biggie.
I'll post updates if anybody is interested. I was initially wondering what I should expect as this is a new area for me.

brianv31

Reaction score

Grrrrr!!
Are you calling 800-846-4472?

edredtop

Reaction score
All in the world is good today.
Contacted CryptoPay late yesterday and got a gentleman by the name of Wesly on case.
fwiw, all of my CryptoPay contacts have been handled very courteously and professionally.
Worldpay contacted me by e-mail this morning, restoring my faith in humanity.🙃
Giddyup, we're moving forward now.

edredtop

Reaction score
To conclude this thread, Worldpay sent emails this morning indicating my account was set up and I'm ready to rock and roll on C/C acceptance.
For those keeping score, once contact was established, it took 3 business days to complete the process.
All of the initial concerns were for naught.

Now I gotta figure out how to mount the swiper, on the faceplate or a separate box... 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

sparkey

Reaction score
Worldpay is hot garbage. Anybody who gets stuck on a Worldpay loop knows that it's going to mean lots of wait times, inaction and issues with communicating to someone who doesn't speak English.
And don't forget if you don't log in very often, they will deactivate your password and it takes an act of god to get it working again.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Now I gotta figure out how to mount the swiper, on the faceplate or a separate box... 🤷‍♂️

With your meters appearing to be smaller and being inset a separate box looks like the best plan to me. But that swiper might fit above your timer and the tap above your coin slot. I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the decals

TMoliver

Reaction score
It looks like MasterCard will be turning off their acceptance of mag strip. How long after is it before Visa does the same? How is everyone preparing when Master Card no-longer accepts Mag strip data for Debit and Credit Cards? I found this on Facebook and it took me to TechSpot.

""Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
The magnetic stripe may still be present until 2033, but it won't work
By Joao Silva August 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM 28 comments
Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
TechSpot is celebrating its 25th anniversary. TechSpot means tech analysis and advice you can trust.
Forward-looking: Credit and debit cards have evolved significantly over the years, becoming more convenient and easier to use by owners and shop clerks. At the moment, most cards still have a magnetic stripe, but that is set to change as card providers will remove it in favor of chip-based payments, with Mastercard being the first payment network to do it.

Credit and debit cards have come a long way, from shop clerks having to write the card's owner data or using flatbed imprinting machines to register the card, using credit and debit cards as a payment method became more streamlined with the addition of the magnetic stripe.

First implemented in the 1960s, the magnetic stripe was brought to us by none other than IBM. The technology would allow banks to encode information onto the card's magnetic tape, offering more security than older methods. Moreover, it marked the beginning of electronic payments and the addition of chips into the cards, providing real-time authorization for any business regardless of its size.

However, new technologies such as NFC are expected to replace the magnetic stripe altogether, with Mastercard being at the forefront of this change. Starting 2024, Mastercard will be phasing out payments through card swiping in favor of chip-based payments, but the stripe will remain until 2033, giving time for partners to adapt to the new standards.

New Mastercard's card dummy without the stripe

"True progress also means retiring technologies that no longer meet our needs," says Howard Hammond, EVP and head of consumer banking at Fifth Third Bank. "The way we shop, pay and interact is changing, and we are meeting these evolving needs with smarter and more secure experiences."

The decision of removing the magnetic stripe was based on results obtained from various surveys conducted by Phoenix Consumer Monitor. In a study made in December 2020, 89% answered that they prefer making chip-based payments over swiping the card. This outcome further increases to 91% when only considering cardholders with experience using contactless payments.

Another survey held in July 2021 showed that 81% of American cardholders wouldn't mind using a card without a magnetic stripe, and 92% would increase or keep use of its card without a magnetic stripe.

28 comments
394 likes and share

Reaction score
@TMoliver
Well, I guess the day that a customer walks up to me with a mastercard without a stripe trying to figure out how to pay, is the day that I jump on to kleenrite and buy tap for each and every one of my vacuums.

Side note, their heading seems kind of misleading, at least to me....
"Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
The magnetic stripe may still be present until 2033, but it won't work".

As this is what comes from Mastercards website.
"Based on the decline in payments powered by magnetic stripes after chip-based payments took hold, newly-issued Mastercard credit and debit cards will not be required to have a stripe starting in 2024 in most markets. By 2033, no Mastercard credit and debit cards will have magnetic stripes, which leaves a long runway for the remaining partners who still rely on the technology to phase in chip card processing."

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I believe MasterCard will start phasing out mag stripes in europe/Asia first as chip acceptance is far more advanced there than in the US. I think the US has a decade or so before the mag stripe dies. We're slow adopters here in the US.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
@TMoliver
Well, I guess the day that a customer walks up to me with a mastercard without a stripe trying to figure out how to pay, is the day that I jump on to kleenrite and buy tap for each and every one of my vacuums.

Side note, their heading seems kind of misleading, at least to me....
"Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
The magnetic stripe may still be present until 2033, but it won't work".

As this is what comes from Mastercards website.
"Based on the decline in payments powered by magnetic stripes after chip-based payments took hold, newly-issued Mastercard credit and debit cards will not be required to have a stripe starting in 2024 in most markets. By 2033, no Mastercard credit and debit cards will have magnetic stripes, which leaves a long runway for the remaining partners who still rely on the technology to phase in chip card processing."
I've been seeing similar articles for over a decade. That one is from two years ago.

edredtop

Reaction score
It looks like MasterCard will be turning off their acceptance of mag strip. How long after is it before Visa does the same? How is everyone preparing when Master Card no-longer accepts Mag strip data for Debit and Credit Cards? I found this on Facebook and it took me to TechSpot.

""Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
The magnetic stripe may still be present until 2033, but it won't work
By Joao Silva August 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM 28 comments
Starting 2024, you won't be able to swipe your Mastercard credit and debit cards anymore
TechSpot is celebrating its 25th anniversary. TechSpot means tech analysis and advice you can trust.
Forward-looking: Credit and debit cards have evolved significantly over the years, becoming more convenient and easier to use by owners and shop clerks. At the moment, most cards still have a magnetic stripe, but that is set to change as card providers will remove it in favor of chip-based payments, with Mastercard being the first payment network to do it.

Credit and debit cards have come a long way, from shop clerks having to write the card's owner data or using flatbed imprinting machines to register the card, using credit and debit cards as a payment method became more streamlined with the addition of the magnetic stripe.

First implemented in the 1960s, the magnetic stripe was brought to us by none other than IBM. The technology would allow banks to encode information onto the card's magnetic tape, offering more security than older methods. Moreover, it marked the beginning of electronic payments and the addition of chips into the cards, providing real-time authorization for any business regardless of its size.

However, new technologies such as NFC are expected to replace the magnetic stripe altogether, with Mastercard being at the forefront of this change. Starting 2024, Mastercard will be phasing out payments through card swiping in favor of chip-based payments, but the stripe will remain until 2033, giving time for partners to adapt to the new standards.

New Mastercard's card dummy without the stripe

"True progress also means retiring technologies that no longer meet our needs," says Howard Hammond, EVP and head of consumer banking at Fifth Third Bank. "The way we shop, pay and interact is changing, and we are meeting these evolving needs with smarter and more secure experiences."

The decision of removing the magnetic stripe was based on results obtained from various surveys conducted by Phoenix Consumer Monitor. In a study made in December 2020, 89% answered that they prefer making chip-based payments over swiping the card. This outcome further increases to 91% when only considering cardholders with experience using contactless payments.

Another survey held in July 2021 showed that 81% of American cardholders wouldn't mind using a card without a magnetic stripe, and 92% would increase or keep use of its card without a magnetic stripe.

28 comments
394 likes and share
This begs the question: When will Cryptopay combine the tap to pay with the ability to communicate with the coordinator?
I have purchased one swiper and have my account up and running but am now wondering if buying another 11 swipers makes sense.
Great post Tmoliver, appreciate it.

edredtop

Reaction score
Any thought on preauthorization charges? I have a competitor that does a $20 pre-auth and am wondering how receptive customers are to that.
I guess pricing matters...I will be going to $5 for 6 minutes in the wash bays soon and am already charging $2 for 5 minutes at the vacuums. Air fresheners are $3 for 2 (they're doubled up on the shelves as pretty much all of my vend items are. 2 Armor All sponges for $3, 3 towels for $2)

Also, my competetors are about 50/50 on the count-up or count-down and wonder if count-up customers drive away and create a headache for refunds because "they didn't use that much time."

EDIT: just found this current thread on the same topic... Shutting off card reader | Car Wash Forum

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
Any thought on preauthorization charges? I have a competitor that does a $20 pre-auth and am wondering how receptive customers are to that.
I guess pricing matters...I will be going to $5 for 6 minutes in the wash bays soon and am already charging $2 for 5 minutes at the vacuums. Air fresheners are $3 for 2 (they're doubled up on the shelves as pretty much all of my vend items are. 2 Armor All sponges for $3, 3 towels for $2)

Also, my competetors are about 50/50 on the count-up or count-down and wonder if count-up customers drive away and create a headache for refunds because "they didn't use that much time."

EDIT: just found this current thread on the same topic... Shutting off card reader | Car Wash Forum
My preauthorization is $20.00, hasn't been a problem so far. I had it at $15.00 but, customer kept maxing it out and having to reswipe.

edredtop

Reaction score
My preauthorization is $20.00, hasn't been a problem so far. I had it at $15.00 but, customer kept maxing it out and having to reswipe.
What's your start up price/ minutes for the bay and do you use CryptoPay on your vacs and vendors?
I'm curious how customers are using their cards, everything or in the bays mostly.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
? Do most operators keep there card sales in a separate account. I was told that back in the 90's . Separate account for cash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
? Do most operators keep there card sales in a separate account. I was told that back in the 90's . Separate account for cash.

I don't although it would make a bookeeping a little easier.

When I reconcile my checking account every Month, I just subtract my 4-5 cash deposits which are done once a week. What's left over should be credit card sales. I then look at my CC statement when it comes in to make sure the number roughly matches up.