What's new

CryptoPay Set Up/ Worldpay

edredtop

Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger on credit card acceptance and ordered a CryptoPay coordinator and swiper from KR to get an account set up and become familiar with the hardware.

Their phones weren't working when we called about 14 days ago, so we called CryptoPay (twice in two weeks). They were nice enough, took all the info needed to contact us and said they would start a ticket and send it over to Worldpay, but haven't heard from Worldpay.
Knowing that it's going to cost about $12K to get all the bays going, this first impression is not a confidence builder. Per the instructions it's supposed to take 2 weeks for "account activation" but we've already gobbled up that time frame.

Is it normal to encounter speedbumps trying to open an account with Worldpay?

MEP001

Reaction score
It takes about two weeks. It can take longer.

How is it going to cost $12,000 to add Cryptopay to your bays?

traveler17

Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger on credit card acceptance and ordered a CryptoPay coordinator and swiper from KR to get an account set up and become familiar with the hardware.

Their phones weren't working when we called about 14 days ago, so we called CryptoPay (twice in two weeks). They were nice enough, took all the info needed to contact us and said they would start a ticket and send it over to Worldpay, but haven't heard from Worldpay.
Knowing that it's going to cost about $12K to get all the bays going, this first impression is not a confidence builder. Per the instructions it's supposed to take 2 weeks for "account activation" but we've already gobbled up that time frame.

Holy cow!! 12k?? How many bays do you have? If someone is charging you that much don’t do it. They are not hard to install

edredtop

Reaction score
It takes about two weeks. It can take longer.

How is it going to cost $12,000 to add Cryptopay to your bays?
Did I just step in it? 💩🦶
I'll take any help I can get.

As I understand it, the "tap" requires the swiper to connect with the coordinator.
So... 2 locations, 8 bays, 9 vacs, and 4 vendors.

Bays: Swipers----- 8 x $400 = $3,200
Tap---------------- 8 x $350 = $2,800
Vacs (buttonless) - 9 x $400 = $3,600
Coordinators ----- 2 x $375 = $750

Under consideration :
(5 column vend)
Vending (swipe)---- 4 x $400 = $1,600
(tap)---------------- 4 x $350 = $1,400

I've been very hesitant up to this point due to cost, fees, and potential fraud.
After going tokens only for the past two years, the vandalism has almost vanished except for the attempts at the bill changer and equipment room door. The cost for this system would be a drop in the bucket weighed against the savings in damages from the government sponsored anarchy in California where businesses are being offered up to criminals with no real consequences.
Seeking to have the washes FUN again!

Wash4Life

Reaction score

Worldpay is hot garbage. Anybody who gets stuck on a Worldpay loop knows that it's going to mean lots of wait times, inaction and issues with communicating to someone who doesn't speak English.

slash007

Reaction score

As I understand it, the "tap" requires the swiper to connect with the coordinator.

Under consideration :
(5 column vend)

I've been very hesitant up to this point due to cost, fees, and potential fraud.
After going tokens only for the past two years, the vandalism has almost vanished except for the attempts at the bill changer and equipment room door. The cost for this system would be a drop in the bucket weighed against the savings in damages from the government sponsored anarchy in California where businesses are being offered up to criminals with no real consequences.
I would suggest getting the button version for the vacs. You can disable the button in settings, then if you need one to replace a bay swiper in the future, you can use one from any vac. Same price, so no reason to skip the button. You could also wait and just get the tap version that doesn't need the swiper. You would be tap only, but most cards support that at this point.

edredtop

Reaction score
I would suggest getting the button version for the vacs. You can disable the button in settings, then if you need one to replace a bay swiper in the future, you can use one from any vac. Same price, so no reason to skip the button. You could also wait and just get the tap version that doesn't need the swiper. You would be tap only, but most cards support that at this point.
Is there a tap coming that doesn't require a swiper?!!
I've asked CryptoPay a few times over the past couple of years (it's been a year since the last inquiry).
That would be awesome.
Good idea on vacs.
"It's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

slash007

Reaction score
Yep, small unit that is tap only and no swiper needed. Should be out anytime now from what I understood. I've had to take swipers from my vacs and put in my bays in the past, so def great to have that option. Why two coordinators? Should only need one. Swipers talk to each other and signal jumps from one to the next.

edredtop

Reaction score
Yep, small unit that is tap only and no swiper needed. Should be out anytime now from what I understood. I've had to take swipers from my vacs and put in my bays in the past, so def great to have that option. Why two coordinators? Should only need one. Swipers talk to each other and signal jumps from one to the next.
Two different locations

traveler17

Reaction score

Under consideration :
(5 column vend)

Makes sense. I read it as one location. It’s a smart move imo

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Worldpay stinks but once you get established you don't really have to deal with them. Refunds and adjustments are handled through their virtual terminal and it's a little clumsy but easy enough to do.

Cryptopay is a good system. I think you will be pleased with your decision if you are in middle income area or higher. I've seen enough problems with customers' tap enabled cards working that I'm not ready to ditch the swipe yet.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Greg I agree.
Get both the cost is not that much. I have older customers that only swipe.
Have both along with bills and quarters then all your options for your customers are available.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
I set up a new world pay account for a 2nd location that i took over about 4 months ago. Below is the contact information for the guy i used. He had the account set up and ready to go in about 5 days.

Jonathan Handron
Direct Line: 970-238-6960
Email: Jonathan.handron@fisglobal.com

edredtop

Reaction score
Worldpay stinks but once you get established you don't really have to deal with them. Refunds and adjustments are handled through their virtual terminal and it's a little clumsy but easy enough to do.

Cryptopay is a good system. I think you will be pleased with your decision if you are in middle income area or higher. I've seen enough problems with customers' tap enabled cards working that I'm not ready to ditch the swipe yet.
"...in middle income area or higher"
Yeesh.
If fraud becomes an issue, would it make sense to disable the swipers and just allow tap? By "disable" I mean put a physical block into the swipe area to prevent swipes and signage that we're "Tap only."
This action would be based on my understanding that if a customer "swipes" we as a merchant have less / no recourse if challenged, as opposed to a tap which is more favorable from a merchant's perspective..?
Slash007 has me excited about the potential of a "tap" that doesn't need a swiper to communicate. I hope that's a feature CryptoPay will offer soon.
Waiting a reasonable amount of time for that might make sense.... unless they offer them at $650 or $700.:D

MEP001

Reaction score
IIRC someone here said they put the swipers inside the box and mounted only the tap reade on the door. Not sure how the signal can get out of the box...

edredtop

Reaction score
IIRC someone here said they put the swipers inside the box and mounted only the tap reade on the door. Not sure how the signal can get out of the box...
That's an option I hadn't considered. Appreciate that.

Roz

Reaction score
I would install the swipers and tap normally before trying to solve a problem you have no idea if real or just potential.

WorldPay had my site running in less than a week. Their support is poor and website is hard to navigate until you have spent a little time on it but as mentioned once running and you know their system it works.

I have heard about a single unit coming soon for several years now.

We also purchased the data analysis, attendant cards, loyalty cards, and remote turn on services. All are most useful. It is a shame that they nickel and dime us after charging higher than necessary fees but it is a cost of making life easy for our customers (until a better device gives them real competition).

clarification1: Installation was a breeze. Hardest part of the install is drilling into thick stainless steel.

clarification2: CryptoPay Website to control the swipers and tap is very easy to use and navigate. The cc processing from WorldPay is the bear if you want to issue a refund or partial refund.

Note that installation is a two step process. You need to get the swipers working and online first, then tell CryptoPay to pair the tap to each swiper. You need to know the serial number of the tap and the swiper that it is attached to for things to go smoothly.

We knew the numbers when talking with CryptoPay however we still turned off all the machines and turned them on one at a time with CP tech support on the line so they can easily pair each tap to the correct swiper one at a time.

contact…

Sara Petherick

(Phone) 904-307-9373

(Email)sara.petherick@fisglobal.com

Last edited:

edredtop

Reaction score
I would install the swipers and tap normally before trying to solve a problem you have no idea if real or just potential.

WorldPay had my site running in less than a week. Their support is poor and website is hard to navigate until you have spent a little time on it but as mentioned once running and you know their system it works.

I have heard about a single unit coming soon for several years now.

We also purchased the data analysis, attendant cards, loyalty cards, and remote turn on services. All are most useful. It is a shame that they nickel and dime us after charging higher than necessary fees but it is a cost of making life easy for our customers (until a better device gives them real competition).

my contact is…

Sara Petherick

(Phone) 904-307-9373

(Email)sara.petherick@fisglobal.com
Indeed.
And I will admit the Osborne effect has most certainly delayed my decision to install CryptoPay. The thought of purchasing equipment (swipers) that may become obsolete in the near future is not very palatable.

However, "from the desert to the sea*" CryptoPay is all I see here in Southern California. They are definitely the predominant service in our area.

*Broadcaster Jerry Dunphy

Last edited:

brianv31

Reaction score
Related question involving Worldpay...our original profile when we setup payment processing apparently excluded AMEX. I've sought to add it, what should be a reasonable timeline to do this?

Originally I was given an estimate of 2-3 business days, and this morning it has grown to 5-7 business days.

MsR

Reaction score
FYI.... Jonathan is no longer at World Pay. Sara is a contact for Gift Cards.