What's new

Cryptopay Issues

kentrzacherl

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to compile some info about issues retrofitting Gold Line cashiers with Cryptopay. A distributor of ours told us to NEVER add a Cryptopay swiper to a Gold Line. Apparently, there's a widespread issue that causes transactions to not go through, or the GL to not work. This is happening to customers of his. Hamilton won’t offer support because of the third party swiper, and Cryptopay won’t offer support because they say it’s a Hamilton problem. I can’t find any reviews or documentation to cite these claims. Has anyone here experienced these issues firsthand? Do you know anyone who has experienced them?

We've had Cryptopay self-service swipers at three locations for years and an AC4 retrofitted for almost a year with no major issues. When we've had a bump in the road, Cryptopay support has always been top notch.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Jsshac

Reaction score
I thought Hamilton sold something to interface Cryptopay into the pay stations

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I've had the cryptopay goldline retrofit on mine for a couple years now. only problem I had was some bad pixels on the included display replacement and it was promptly replaced by cryptopay. Have found Cryptopay support to be good so far. Biggest issue I have is customers swiping card with stripe on wrong side. wish they made a double headed reader.

OurTown

Reaction score
There was a thread about this very problem a few months ago and I think it's mostly an issue with the newest GL controllers. Our GL is 2003 vintage and we installed the Cryptopay retrofit kit over three years ago and has been great. We also installed the Cryptotap just before Christmas and it's great also. (Other than it screwed up our attendant cards working properly on other swipers)