What's new

Cryptopay for vacuums?

OurTown

Reaction score
This could be as simple as some kids hanging around watching for someone to leave without canceling their remaining time, then coming in behind and racking up a ton of time.
Did you see what Cryptopay told me what the issue was? Also our account is set up so it can't charge more than $25/swipe. I wonder how high you can raise that limit.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Does National Pride own that wash or are they just using the logo because that's what through me off when I saw the Logo on the news. I thought Cryptopay only uses WorldPay for a processor or am I wrong?.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Hi Earl! Just following up on this thread. I have only 3 vacs. Thinking just only using cryptopay.
No more quarters! What are your thoughts! Vandals will be eliminated!

I just went thru the same thing. I have an 8 bay with a single island containing 2 Vacs between each pair of bays. So, there is one closer to the approach side and one closer to the bays if this makes sense. So, I did the 4 vacs closer to the approach side with signage on the approach side. . Incremental cost was about $650.00. (Swiper $400 and LED 7 $250.00) Pricing is same as yours and I went to the $2.00 start for credit card ($5.00 max) but kept time per quarter the same as cash. I have count up. Has only been one month but I figured count up was great for Bays so it may be great for vacs. If the Vac takes in an extra $2.00 a day because of this the payback is less than a year. Still not sure the $2.00 start was the right thing to do.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Hi Earl! Just following up on this thread. I have only 3 vacs. Thinking just only using cryptopay.
I would be reluctant to do that but I don't know what you are experiencing.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it, they're pretty damn stupid.
Yes, I remember a former member here who would shut the wash down at dark, gate off the drives and pull all the coin boxes out every night, and people would still come in at night and rip his meter doors apart. I think he just closed it and sold it for the land value.

OurTown

Reaction score

Going to tokens only might help with theft because at least there is not any cash out in the vaults. You could add Crytopay too for non cash users.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We went to tokens only ay our other site just for the bill changers, it was good for a while until you had to separate tokens from quarters for bank deposits and then we found people would bring tokens from various other establishments and that was fun having to separate those from ours.

OurTown

Reaction score
We went to tokens only ay our other site just for the bill changers, it was good for a while until you had to separate tokens from quarters for bank deposits and then we found people would bring tokens from various other establishments and that was fun having to separate those from ours.

I meant to accept only tokens and why would you be able to accept other tokens? Wouldn't the token makers only sell you tokens that are not sold to others near you? We would go to tokens only if we had a real issue with theft.

MEP001

Reaction score
I meant to accept only tokens and why would you be able to accept other tokens?
The wash I just leased has coin mechs in the vacs that take any .984 diameter tokens. Luckily there are extremely few tokens that come through that aren't mine.
Wouldn't the token makers only sell you tokens that are not sold to others near you?
There are coded tokens that are more secure so no one near you will have the same ones. The plain token manufacturers don't know or care who they sell what tokens to, and it says on a lot of their sites to do your own research before ordering so you don't get arcade tokens or something.
We would go to tokens only if we had a real issue with theft.
I mix in a very small amount of tokens in the changer to discourage changer abuse. I don't think my customers would be very accepting of the changer giving only tokens.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
We only dispense tokens in our changer. Had a complaint from a lady who put in $10 and only got 10 tokens out of our clearly labled TOKEN machine. I explained that everything we have takes tokens. She told me she didnt want to wash her car, she wanted to do laundry across the street! Still about 50% of our revenue is quarters so I'm sure we are not pleasing some by using tokens. I guess they have to buy quarters across the street...

wyatt

Reaction score
Having Cryptopay in the bays is a must, but I've had them on vacuums and for some reason people don't like them. I think the main reason why is because the vacuums don't have the ability to count up whereas my ss bays do.

Anyways, 19% cc fee through cryptopay?? One thing you can try is calling Worldpay and ask for a reduction in cc fees. I call every year and ask, they usually reduce my fee at least a little. I'm currently around 6% now. I also know they charge a low volume fee that really hurts a lot of car washes that do not use credit cards much. Look at your statement and see if there is anything relating to that on there.

OurTown

Reaction score
Having Cryptopay in the bays is a must, but I've had them on vacuums and for some reason people don't like them. I think the main reason why is because the vacuums don't have the ability to count up whereas my ss bays do.
Can you put in a Dixmor LED6 or 7 timer in the vac? That would allow count up of course but there were a few on here that cautioned against count up on vacs for a reason that I now forget.

wyatt

Reaction score
Can you put in a Dixmor LED6 or 7 timer in the vac? That would allow count up of course but there were a few on here that cautioned against count up on vacs for a reason that I now forget.
Yes, you're right, I could. But I have old vacuums that don't even have displays. I should do it, but I'm not sure if that's the best place to spend my $ right now.

OurTown

Reaction score
Yes, you're right, I could. But I have old vacuums that don't even have displays. I should do it, but I'm not sure if that's the best place to spend my $ right now.

You can get custom doors made to accept them. It can be a project and somewhat expensive if you have to add a transformer, contactors, electronic coin acceptors, and custom decals.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd probably have a double-price startup on vacs and enable the button to add either 25¢ increments or $1 for each button press. I wouldn't think people will want to keep their card out to add time.