What's new

Cryptopay for vacs??

Damoni88

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the cryptopay for vacs? Wanted some feedback on some that have it. My vac prices are $1.75. For those owners that have them do customers use it, does it seem to hurt your fees/swipe if not a consolidated ticket?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Each pair of Bays has 2 vacs on an island separating it. Have elected to go with crypto on 1 of the 2 on each island. Due to the success with bays, based solely on dollar volume (count Up) I am not concerned with fees although it's a min $2 as opposed to $1 for cash. Since I sell gasoline at another location the cost / % with the credit card and wash is minor by comparison so I am not concerned with it. Total wash and Vac about 5.5%

Damoni88

Reaction score
Thats pretty good. I have 4 islands and all 8 vacs are combo units. The front vacs are used more than the back. Was thinking of putting in 4 cryptopay and maybe stagger them. So if my price is $1.75 vac cash what should i set cc at?

MEP001

Reaction score
I only know one person with Cryptopay on his vacs. He went with $2 to start, double cash, same time per coin. Last time I talked to him about it he said about two-thirds of customers who use it only run one cycle where most cash customers use at least two, so they mostly aren't spending more.

Damoni88

Reaction score
So in otherwords it does not seem woth it mep? My bays get a ton of usage but i know thats different. Not sure how busy you buddys carwash is but mine is the busiest in the city. Thank you for always sharing your knowledge.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I have Cryptopay on my vacs. Realize that out of a $1 start (that's my price) I receive $.61. The rest goes to the fees. The reason is that its a low dollar amount and the "per swipe fee" is a killer. And yes I've talked to Cryptopay and they agree that that's the fees on low dollar swipes and there is nothing I can do about it. Their idea is that you put Cryptopay on your vacs AND SS bays or IBA bays and they combine the fees into one transaction- the assumption that a customer uses the vac AND the SS bay or IBA. I don't have Cryptopay on anything but my vacs because its easy to do. I do have CC acceptance in the SS bays and IBA bays but from another vendor.

wyatt

Reaction score
I installed vacuum cryptopay after having really good success with them in my ss bays. But, I might be all alone in this but people don’t use them. Vac credit makes up about 5-10% of total vac sales whereas in the ss bays it’s 50%. I even have the credit the same start price as cash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Crytopay fees as a percentage of income went up considerably when I put them on the vacs. Same price cash or credit, 1.50 for 4:00. A .25 swipe fee on a 1.50 transaction skews the fees badly and the vac customers often don't wash. For several years I've been meaning to convert my fragramatics combo vac timers to dixmor so I could use count up. I hope that would help get the vac income up and eliminate some confusion on the lot since SS and vac operate differently.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have Cryptopay on my vacs. Realize that out of a $1 start (that's my price) I receive $.61. The rest goes to the fees.
wow- 39% of fees go to CC company. Is your net vac income actually lower than it was when it was cash only?

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
As I see my percentage of CC revenue steadily increasing, I cannot think of a reason not to offer CC On Vacs.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have been adding credit cards at my second location. I have 8 of 12 vacs with Crypto. This is a location I rehabbed 2 years ago. My auto and bays are about 80% Credit card. My vacs were getting little use, I felt due to lack of CC and location of changer. As I have been adding swipers vac use has been quickly increasing. I have not noticed any decrease in cash business, just and increase in CC totals. My other location is only about 25-35%, and though my SS CC is very good, on the Vacs that have swipers We do very little there.

slash007

Reaction score
I added them to some vacs years ago and later to almost all of them. They are all combo vacs and I have them at $2.50 per swipe for cc, $2 for cash. They were at $1 cash and $2.50 for cc when I first installed them. You do get the extra .50 worth of time when using a CC. No complaints and usage keeps going up. I was very skeptical due to fees, but got on board when I was given the idea to make cc vac startup higher. I do have a small sign on each vac that says $2.50 for cc use per swipe. Only complaints I ever get are from people that see the $10 auth charge, but those are easy to explain since it doesn't count up like the bays and I can tell them it will be $2.50 for sure unless they swiped for another cycle.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Thats what i am going to do. Try it with a couple of my most used units. All mine are combo of some sort. Did you get the push button one to add more time if customer wants to?

slash007

Reaction score
I do have the push button swipers, but disabled the swiper. I tried count up at first, but people would keep pushing the button thinking it would stop the vac cycle and ended up spending $15. I then just set it at a set fee of $2.50 per swipe and the button does nothing. If buying new, I would still buy the one with the button so that you can swap with a bay if needed. I've done that before and would rather a vac is missing the cc swiper than a bay as I wait for a repair/replacement.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I do have the push button swipers, but disabled the swiper. I tried count up at first, but people would keep pushing the button thinking it would stop the vac cycle and ended up spending $15. I then just set it at a set fee of $2.50 per swipe and the button does nothing. If buying new, I would still buy the one with the button so that you can swap with a bay if needed. I've done that before and would rather a vac is missing the cc swiper than a bay as I wait for a repair/replacement.
I agree thanks good info!

Roz

Reaction score
I am considering adding swipers to 2 JE Adams vacs. I have a cobalt drill bit however I am not making progress on the holes. Anyone have some insight as to an easier way to drill the two holes? Cannot find a way to remove the door so I can use a drill press. Thank you.

OurTown

Reaction score
I am considering adding swipers to 2 JE Adams vacs. I have a cobalt drill bit however I am not making progress on the holes. Anyone have some insight as to an easier way to drill the two holes? Cannot find a way to remove the door so I can use a drill press. Thank you.
I drilled ours starting with a relatively small bit and worked my way up little by little. If you go too fast the bit will overheat and not drill anymore. Are they good quality bits or Chinese Freight type quality? Good ones are pricey but sometimes are the only ones that will work.

slash007

Reaction score
Use a small bit to start and use oil or it will overheat. I learned the hard way. Keep putting oil on the bit every few seconds.