What's new

Cryptopay Cryptotap issues

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I have now seen an issue (in my automatic car washes) with my Cryptopay Cryptotap at two of my car wash locations where I pay with ApplePay using a Master Card tied to my apple wallet. The charge shows up on my Master Card account and the car wash activates, yet Cryptopay does not show the transaction on their end nor do I see it go through Worldpay either. If I swipe the same card, the transaction registers both with Cryptopay and Worldpay. I’m concerned many of my tap customers are getting their wash and getting charged for the wash, but somehow the charges are never credited to my Worldpay account. This is an issue with the tap, not the swiper or Worldpay. Again, this issue has happened at a couple sites and there’s no way for an operator to know this is happening unless they test themselves. You see in the photos, transaction was at 2:41 for card ending in 5201. (It was for a $6 wash, I do $5 pre-authorizations) Nowhere on Cryptopay analytics does it show the EVM Tap for that card, even though the charge went through in ApplePay and the Wash activated. Doesn’t show up on Worldpay either. Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

HeyVern

Reaction score
not positive how Apple Pay works but, it is possible the transaction could be delayed by going through Apple Pay and show up later.

Damoni88

Reaction score
The transaction is delayed anywhere from 2 to 48 hrs. It eventually shows up. I had this issue in one of my bays. I knew the guy washed over and hour so he tapped his card 2 times, 1st time ran for 30mins for $25 he tapped again 30mins for $25 didn't show up for 2 days. Call Crypto pay and do while your on the phone with them. Hope it helps.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
The transaction is delayed anywhere from 2 to 48 hrs. It eventually shows up. I had this issue in one of my bays. I knew the guy washed over and hour so he tapped his card 2 times, 1st time ran for 30mins for $25 he tapped again 30mins for $25 didn't show up for 2 days. Call Crypto pay and do while your on the phone with them. Hope it helps.
I can see the final charges taking that long, but wouldn’t the pending pre authorization charge at least show up immediately in my Worldpay account?

Damoni88

Reaction score
I can see the final charges taking that long, but wouldn’t the pending pre authorization charge at least show up immediately in my Worldpay account?
That's a good question I have had my manager swipe his card and the pre authorization didn't show up then later it showed up. But I have seen it also show up immediately. I would definitely call Crypto. This past week I saw on crypto tap guy was going through auto got the $7 wash (basic). Was saying verifying card wash started then I look at world pay and said it was declined. So, I know for a fact some weird stuff goes on with tap. I have even seen it show approved for lesser amount. How can that happen?

OurTown

Reaction score
It takes two hours for it to show up in Cryptopay because of their two hour small ticket consolidation time window. Tap to pay is weird and at one time I thought we were being cheated out of some of them but I could not prove anything.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have now seen an issue (in my automatic car washes) with my Cryptopay Cryptotap at two of my car wash locations where I pay with ApplePay using a Master Card tied to my apple wallet. The charge shows up on my Master Card account and the car wash activates, yet Cryptopay does not show the transaction on their end nor do I see it go through Worldpay either. If I swipe the same card, the transaction registers both with Cryptopay and Worldpay. I’m concerned many of my tap customers are getting their wash and getting charged for the wash, but somehow the charges are never credited to my Worldpay account. This is an issue with the tap, not the swiper or Worldpay. Again, this issue has happened at a couple sites and there’s no way for an operator to know this is happening unless they test themselves. You see in the photos, transaction was at 2:41 for card ending in 5201. (It was for a $6 wash, I do $5 pre-authorizations) Nowhere on Cryptopay analytics does it show the EVM Tap for that card, even though the charge went through in ApplePay and the Wash activated. Doesn’t show up on Worldpay either. Has anyone else experienced this?
Please let us know if you called crypto pay

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
I have a background in network security...CCNA CCNP UNIX LINUX... Network security.

The introduction of card readers into a wash is an affront to me on many levels.
I owned a quarter self serve wash several years back.

Do yourself a favor... As well as every other small business owner and don't accept plastic.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
I have a background in network security...CCNA CCNP UNIX LINUX... Network security.

The introduction of card readers into a wash is an affront to me on many levels.
I owned a quarter self serve wash several years back.

Do yourself a favor... As well as every other small business owner and don't accept plastic.
My honest opinion

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
It takes two hours for it to show up in Cryptopay because of their two hour small ticket consolidation time window. Tap to pay is weird and at one time I thought we were being cheated out of some of them but I could not prove anything.
This is a bigger issue. It has to be an issue with tap and contactless payments with a phone. It’s now been three days. My credit card shows the two taps I did as settled. Nowhere in worldpay or Cryptopay analytics do the transactions show up. Not even the pre authorization. I was charged, I received my washes, but no credit was given for the charges to my account. This has happened at 2 sites of mine. I’m going to test two more sites this weekend. I feel like this is a larger issue with tap or maybe ApplePay? Either crypto knows about it and is keeping it hush hush till there’s a fix or they’re not aware of any widespread issues, but I’ve had crypto swipers since 2017 and have runs 10’s of thousands of swipes at my sites and this issue has just popped up with the tap. I understand all the ins and outs of how crypto works. This is an issue that is costing operators revenue on top of the costs of giving away free services. At least for me. If you want to test, link a master card to your apple wallet, use your phone to purchase a wash via tap with that card and see if you also have an issue. I don’t know for android as I use an iPhone. So May be an issue with apple as well. Just don’t know. I do know that I was billed and received my wash, as a consumer, but never got paid on the retailer side.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I don’t remember the specifics but I did have a customer say he was charged by my Wash Select with Cryptopay (don’t know if it was a swipe or tap) and he didn’t get his wash because the customer ahead of him put it out of order. They wanted a refund but I could not find any transactions on my Cryptopay dashboard or on Worldpay’s site. He showed me his card statement and sure enough he was charged. Cryptopay was no help.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Update: I tested three individual car wash locations. On one day at each location I purchased a wash using tap with the actual physical credit card. I was charged, and received my wash. The charges showed up on my credit card, Cryptopay and Worldpay. On the next day I purchased a wash using tap with my iPhone linked to the exact same card. I was charged and received my wash. The charges showed up on my credit card, but DID NOT show up on Cryptopay nor Worldpay. This is a real problem. One site could be a fluke, 3 sites is not good. I will be contacting Cryptopay about this and will push util there are real answers. I assume based on my tests, all of us may be losing sales to this fault. The customers are getting charged and receiving services, but we as the operators are not getting the credit. I have no clue where the money goes missing, but it is. If any of you have Apple Pay and tap, please try this test yourself. Even try if you have android as well. Don’t use Apple Pay linked to Apple Cash, as that works fine, use Apple Pay linked to an actual Master Card. Test one day with the physical card, then the next day with the same card linked to your apple wallet. Use tap for both. Please update to your findings.

CryptoPay Support

Reaction score
When a card is added to Apple Pay it is given a new card number that is different from the card number that is printed on the physical card. We can test this with you if you reach out to support. We should be able to see the transaction come through in real time. Below are instructions for finding the Apple Pay card number.

Open Wallet App
Click on desired card
Click on the 3 dots above the card
Click on Card Details
Physical Card Number & Apple Pay Card Number are displayed

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
When a card is added to Apple Pay it is given a new card number that is different from the card number that is printed on the physical card. We can test this with you if you reach out to support. We should be able to see the transaction come through in real time. Below are instructions for finding the Apple Pay card number.

Open Wallet App
Click on desired card
Click on the 3 dots above the card
Click on Card Details
Physical Card Number & Apple Pay Card Number are displayed
Well, after seeing your response and checking my records, I do see now the new 4 number assigned by apple. I had’t a clue this happened with apple wallet. Maybe add a small leaflet to each cryptotap explaining this to vendors. Most of us have been swipe customers for so long, that’s not something we’d expect with tap. All was billed correctly now that I see the actual card number isn’t registered. So, thank you for clarifying this.
Once again to all on this thread, due to a misunderstanding on my part as to the way apple wallet works with tap I was wrong in my assumption. All seems to be working as it should.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Well, after seeing your response and checking my records, I do see now the new 4 number assigned by apple. I had’t a clue this happened with apple wallet. Maybe add a small leaflet to each cryptotap explaining this to vendors. Most of us have been swipe customers for so long, that’s not something we’d expect with tap. All was billed correctly now that I see the actual card number isn’t registered. So, thank you for clarifying this.
Once again to all on this thread, due to a misunderstanding on my part as to the way apple wallet works with tap I was wrong in my assumption. All seems to be working as it should.
Awesome and thank you crypto pay for explaining as I'm sure many of us were worried.