What's new

Cryptopay Cryptotap Concerns

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I just received a cryptotap to test out along side my swipers, but now have no clue where to place it. These things are huge and it seems like placing next to the swiper for many will either be difficult or impossible unless you have very large meter plates. Also, placing somewhere away from the swiper will now confuse customers even more if they tap to pay, yet need to press the flashing green button on the swiper to end the charge. I like cryptopay and don’t plan on ever switching to Nayax. Although, it sure makes things harder than a single Nayax unit and way more expensive for the hardware costs when buying both a swiper and cryptotap. Of course it’s much cheaper than Nayax on the backend, but I really wish Cryptopay came out with an all in one unit. Their system already is confusing to many without any displays and I fear this will only confuse the customers more. What have those that installed these experienced with install, customer integration, etc.?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
I agree 125%.. way to large and customers would be confused.. My faceplates have no room.. Placing it away would really confuse them? Good Idea if incorporated with swiper......
Doug

Last edited:

CentralTex

Reaction score
Can you post a photo?

I just received a cryptotap to test out along side my swipers, but now have no clue where to place it. These things are huge and it seems like placing next to the swiper for many will either be difficult or impossible unless you have very large meter plates. Also, placing somewhere away from the swiper will now confuse customers even more if they tap to pay, yet need to press the flashing green button on the swiper to end the charge. I like cryptopay and don’t plan on ever switching to Nayax. Although, it sure makes things harder than a single Nayax unit and way more expensive for the hardware costs when buying both a swiper and cryptotap. Of course it’s much cheaper than Nayax on the backend, but I really wish Cryptopay came out with an all in one unit. Their system already is confusing to many without any displays and I fear this will only confuse the customers more. What have those that installed these experienced with install, customer integration, etc.?

sparkey

Reaction score
I wish the swiper and tap was in one unit. Problem solved.

RAAOO7

Reaction score
i think it's a complete waste of money having two separate devices. Just adding more things to repair and expense. If ALL credit cards become tap, and only having a tap/push button device would be great. No more swiping just tap and push the button to add more time. .

OurTown

Reaction score
If Cryptopay would make it an all in one swiper then you guys would bitch that it cost $700 and might be large limiting its mounting location options. I would like to see if they would make one though. We see two very dominant credit cards in our area. One is the largest credit union in Ohio and the other is USAA. (we are next to the Air Force base) Unfortunately neither of those cards have tap to pay.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Can you post a photo?
Here ya go. My meter plates are 10x15 and there’s still no logical way of installing Cryptotap. It looks patched together and confusing. Also the Cryptotap is 1.25” deep so you can’t even place above or below swiper to clear a card swipe. Seems Cryptopay took the easy way out using third party tech instead of fully redesigning an all in one unit. Too bad really. 9E624F36-E134-4879-A076-A0A06D52EA68.jpeg

Attachments

CentralTex

Reaction score
Now I see what you mean. Wish you the best. If we move forward with tap to pay, I think we will be in the same boat. Does Ginsan have any ideas?

OurTown

Reaction score
Here ya go. My meter plates are 10x15 and there’s still no logical way of installing Cryptotap. It looks patched together and confusing. Also the Cryptotap is 1.25” deep so you can’t even place above or below swiper to clear a card swipe. Seems Cryptopay took the easy way out using third party tech instead of fully redesigning an all in one unit. Too bad really. View attachment 3347

Could you mount it above the swiper and then put a spacer behind the swiper so the card can swipe through?

OurTown

Reaction score
I just checked and it looks like you might need a 7/8" thick spacer.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
NAYAX VPOS Touch "all-in-one" solution I've installed for clients...
Swipe reader
Chip reader
Tap-to-pay
and Apple/Samsung Pay

Each device has cellular radio for wireless installations

This one is hardwired (CAT5e) ethernet because the location's cell service is so poor.

IMG_1283 (2).jpg

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Could you mount it above the swiper and then put a spacer behind the swiper so the card can swipe through?
I thought of that, in fact crytopay makes a spacer for the swiper, but even with the spacer, I don’t think it would clear the Cryptotap. Was though, thinking of that option. Optimally it needs to be attached close to the flashing green button of the swiper to minimize confusion on ending charges. (I already get 20-30 chargebacks a month because the end charges button isn’t pressed) I’ve been in touch with Ginsan to see if they have a solution, so far the word is they’ll look into it, but their largest meter doors would accommodate them just fine. Of course I have 25 wash bays, so replacing already new and modern meter boxes and doors just to fit a Cryptotap isn’t an option.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
NAYAX VPOS Touch "all-in-one" solution I've installed for clients...
Swipe reader
Chip reader
Tap-to-pay
and Apple/Samsung Pay

Each device has cellular radio for wireless installations

This one is hardwired (CAT5e) ethernet because the location's cell service is so poor.

View attachment 3351
How do those hold up in the wash bay? Do you use count up for credit cards? Any issues? How long have you had the Nayax in operation?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Now I see what you mean. Wish you the best. If we move forward with tap to pay, I think we will be in the same boat. Does Ginsan have any ideas?
We actually had to redesign the layout of the steel. The timer moved over the top of the reader and the tap to pay moved to where the timer was. It's 10lbs of crap in a two pound bag

Attachments

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How do those hold up in the wash bay? Do you use count up for credit cards? Any issues? How long have you had the Nayax in operation?
5 bays installed approx 1 year ago
6 bays installed 1 month ago

Both locations have meter boxes near the end of the bay wall...but they still get wet. No issues, so far.
Both use count-up with LED6 displaying accumulating $$$.
Both operators have not lodged any complaints with me...however, I have nothing to do with account setup and operations. (I just do the sales/installation.)

Wireless install is a snap...24vac hot & common, connect 1 pulse wire to LED6...done!
Wired install required NAYAX provided RJ45 adapters, our CAT5e cabling and an 8-port ethernet switch...no big deal since we were pulling all new control cables and knew in advance that the cell service sucked.

I've since been advised that the readers will work on Wi-Fi, too...probably have to add a couple of Wi-Fi signal boosters because Wi-Fi strength diminishes rather quickly outside the equipment room.

Both operators seem pleased with the system operation, NAYAX's mobile app, customer service, and expenses.

Customers seem to like the system. I've observed folks swipe/insert cards and tap with their mobile devices (that's how I use them).
Authorization time for both installations is typically less than 5 seconds.

I like the animated instructions displayed on the reader...no translation required.

Reactions: APW

OurTown

Reaction score
I read that Nayax's fees are pretty high compared to Cryptopay but I can't remember anyone here sharing what they were.

RSF

Reaction score
Just getting into the Nayax
Fees for vpos are $7.95 per unit per month.
Over $5 per swipe is .025 plus $.10
You can configure countdown with multiple price points and add a fee per swipe if you want
Fees are higher under $5 threshold and you cannot aggregate charges

slash007

Reaction score
We actually had to redesign the layout of the steel. The timer moved over the top of the reader and the tap to pay moved to where the timer was. It's 10lbs of crap in a two pound bag
Do you have any photos of a finished product with the tap installed? What you guys did seems like the only option, but you lose the space for instructions. I also worry that they wouldn't figure out that they can tap.