What's new

Cryptopay Credit Card won't fit in swiper

sparkey

Reaction score
I had a customer today that had a credit card that physically wouldn't fit through the cryptopay swiper slot. I even tried the card and there was no way it was going to fit. I tried my card and thought it was tighter than I am used to seeing on credit card readers. Has anyone else had this issue? Are some credit cards thicker than others?

APW

Reaction score
I might be totally wrong but it seems like I remember there being some screws on the back of the swiper that you can loosen that will allow a little more width.

sparkey

Reaction score
I might be totally wrong but it seems like I remember there being some screws on the back of the swiper that you can loosen that will allow a little more width.
I called cryptopay and they told me there is no adjustment and never heard of the issue before. That's why I thought I would check here.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Cold makes the plastic condense thus making the credit cards hard to swipe I had the same issues when I used to have the cryptopay swipers.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe there is some grit in the slot that needs to be cleaned out.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I had this exact problem a couple of months ago. Cleaned the swiper a few times with no luck. I had to send the swiper in for repair. They never tell you which part failed but it now works great. I finally bought a spare swiper to have in stock so I'm not down at any one time.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
I had this exact problem a couple of months ago. Cleaned the swiper a few times with no luck. I had to send the swiper in for repair. They never tell you which part failed but it now works great. I finally bought a spare swiper to have in stock so I'm not down at any one time.
Did you have alot of " BAD SWIPES"? I have way to many IMO!