What's new

Crypto pay ..... Count up or down ?

MEP001

Reaction score
I can't imagine how you could convey that on a sign. I think it would just be confusing to the other 999,999 customers that it's not intended for. When I enabled grace time, I had signs made up stating

"For up to 20 seconds after time has expired, equipment will restart for 25¢."

I can't count the number of people that said that they put in another quarter (too late) and it didn't give them their 20 seconds. I just took the signs down and gave up on educating.
I was thinking something as simple as "Cash OR Card" but I have never heard it being an issue, just had people ask if they could mix, people who probably would have assumed they can't if I wasn't there to ask.

I've never and probably will never enable the grace feature. I walk the lot as often as I can when I'm there, and if I see someone run out of time and not quite done rinsing I restart the bay out of my pocket. Cheap customer goodwill IMO.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, you said you wanted to cancel the remaining time with the remote, a magnet on it would do that.
Yeah, it was sarcasm :D I've known about the magnet thing forever, just wish they could make the remote do it, since I almost always have it with me.

MEP001

Reaction score
The new-to-me wash has the older Dixmor 2000 timers, and not only can you not clear the time remaining at all without opening the timer but you can't clear a partial startup inserted at all unless you finish it with cash and wait for it to run out. At least once a week I find a bay with some coins on it that I have to clear with more coins so I can wash down the bay.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
Mep001 , How do you set to add 50 cent increments ? Is that set in crypto pay configure or in dixmor 7 timer?

MEP001

Reaction score
I assume Cryptopay can do 50 cent increments, but I don't know that it can. I set up a Hamilton D.A.N. system that way, which allows you to set increments down to 5 cents.

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
$3 minimum $12 max and as you can see I get a lot of re-swipes. I charge .01 per second.