What's new

Credit Card System - In-bay or on bill changer

78Carwash

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 8 bay SS carwash. The wash has been coin-operated since the '80s and we're looking to make some upgrades. We have one Hamilton DRS-CRC machine that the credit card part never worked and customers complained about no receipts. I'm trying to figure out my options for installing either a Nayax or CryptoPay on my bill changer OR would it be better to install either system on the actual SS boxes. I'm leaning towards just one reader on the Hamilton and not worrying about a reader or vandalism on every ss box. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like cryptopay on the meter boxes. It's easier for the customer and gets them in and out faster

78Carwash

Reaction score
I like cryptopay on the meter boxes. It's easier for the customer and gets them in and out faster
Besides the Crypto swiper and the controller, do I need any special parts for the meter boxes? I'm using timemaster timmers.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can use the existing timers, but when you run CC in bays the biggest advantage comes when you run count-up. To do that, you have to replace the timers. You can expect customers to spend significantly more per car to wash with count-up. Count-down is the same as cash - they either have to re-swipe or press the button to add time.

Roz

Reaction score
On the meter box for multiple reasons. Want to make point of sale easy for all customers in all bays. Want to avoid a Stolen credit card from emptying your changer or getting any real money.

78Carwash

Reaction score
Any suggestions on Cryptopay or Nayax? I've seen mixed reviews on both, but it looks like Cryptopay has some issues with charge backs.

78Carwash

Reaction score
On the meter box for multiple reasons. Want to make point of sale easy for all customers in all bays. Want to avoid a Stolen credit card from emptying your changer or getting any real money.
great point - I didn't even think about the use of stolen cards yet.
You can use the existing timers, but when you run CC in bays the biggest advantage comes when you run count-up. To do that, you have to replace the timers. You can expect customers to spend significantly more per car to wash with count-up. Count-down is the same as cash - they either have to re-swipe or press the button to add time.
Yes - I just found out that 2 of my timers are count up so this would be a great option.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Nayax VPOS Touch (pulse) with Dixmor LED6 timers for count up operation.

VPOS Touch accepts swipe/insert credit cards, tap, and mobile apps (ApplePay, SamsungPay, GooglePay)…all on one device.

Cellular radios are embedded into the VPOS so processing requires no additional equipment.

If cell service is poor in your area, the VPOS can operate over WiFi or Ethernet (Cat5 works, Cat6 is recommended…and Nayax’s optional RJ45 adaptor)

Properly connected and programmed Dixmor LED6 displays money spent (like a gasoline dispenser) for credit card users and time remaining for coin customers.

If you’d like to stay with Timemaster timers…you can update with:

TM5-CU™ Self-Serve Car Wash Bay Timer

G WASH

Reaction score
who makes the count up timers?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Another option. I got Bill accepter Boxes from Etowah mounted them next to original boxes and mounted the swipers on those.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Go with the LED-6 Dixmor. It is a direct replacement for the TimeMaster. The LED-7 is shaped differently and would require modification to make it fit.

Also, don't consider the CC to token changer. I installed them at three washes and was never satisfied with the amount of use they got.

78Carwash

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the responses. I just ordered one Nayax VPOS Touch and will give it a 2-month trial.

soapy

Reaction score
I would not go with a single credit card vendor type machine. Legally you can only dispense tokens with them. I already tried that. I would look into Wash Gear for each bay. I have a location with wash gear and it does double the amount in credit cards as my other locations using other type of credit card systems. It is a bigger up front cost but they have their own readout and do not require any different timer. Their readout displays more information and I think that is why it is more customer friendly and we sell more credit card time with it. It has been very robust with minimal repairs since we installed it 15 years ago.

G WASH

Reaction score
great point - I didn't even think about the use of stolen cards yet.

Yes - I just found out that 2 of my timers are count up so this would be a great option.
Page 494 of the newest kleenrite catalog product IDXMA79 Says it will make any timer a count up timer and works with cryptopay,idx,unite and others for 29$.. it's a power relay .wordering if it really works or would the advantages of the dixmor far out way the savings.??

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 8 bay SS carwash. The wash has been coin-operated since the '80s and we're looking to make some upgrades. We have one Hamilton DRS-CRC machine that the credit card part never worked and customers complained about no receipts. I'm trying to figure out my options for installing either a Nayax or CryptoPay on my bill changer OR would it be better to install either system on the actual SS boxes. I'm leaning towards just one reader on the Hamilton and not worrying about a reader or vandalism on every ss box. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
In bay with count up. I have 31 bays total amongst all my washes and have had a total of 1 swiper ever vandalized since installing Cryptopay in 2017. Now deciding between Cryptopay and Nayax is a whole different problem. I like Cryptopay, but if you want contactless also (which you should) it’s much cheaper and cleaner looking to get an all in one Nayax than to buy a Crypto Swiper + Cryptotap, but you’ll also have a per swiper monthly fee. Then again, you’ll also have your never ending fees with Crypto/Worldpay also. Just a cost of accepting CC, (but well worth it, my avg. swipe is a little over $8) Whatever you choose, again, go in bay and count up. Let your customers wash until their hearts content and keep that meter running to get the highest ticket avg. you can.

G WASH

Reaction score
nayax should have videos and try youtube as well. Im debating the same. Nayax is offering huge discounts for buying more than 35 of their VPOS units..less than 280$/unit. to get crypto swiper plus tap is over 700$ .rediculous.

Apollo

Reaction score
Videos are not much help for a non technical person like myself. Is there any recommendation for an installer of Nayax in bays?