What's new

Credit card or Bill acceptors

Randy

Reaction score
You want to be real careful with the AE2412 validators that you buy on EBay. A lot of them are not upgradable to accept the new colored $5 bill, a lot of the Mars validators listed on EBay are worn out and in need of service. You want the make sure they are “Flash Port” models. If they have the “Flash Port” logo they can be upgraded.

slash007

Reaction score
You want to be real careful with the AE2412 validators that you buy on EBay. A lot of them are not upgradable to accept the new colored $5 bill, a lot of the Mars validators listed on EBay are worn out and in need of service. You want the make sure they are “Flash Port” models. If they have the “Flash Port” logo they can be upgraded.
My other location uses the Mars 2412 acceptors and I had good luck buying extras on ebay. I made sure that they had been recently refurbished and were already upgraded to accept the new $5 bill. Still got them for under $100. I just ordered the whole cryptopay setup, (six swipers, controller and signs) and now I just need to order the bill boxes.

Kirb

Reaction score
Slash,
For $275 extra I would buy the boxes with the validators. Yes you could save $175 per bay but this way you know what your getting.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Buy wit acceptors. If your bay boxes have heaters buy heaters and thermostats for these as well.
I also driled weep holes in the bottom of the boxes.

slash007

Reaction score
Is First Data the only option when it comes to processing when using Cryptopay? I called them to set up an account, but was wondering if there were cheaper options.

slash007

Reaction score
I was going to get the Mars 2412 in by bill boxes because that is what I am familiar with, but I also have the option of getting the Coinco Vantage. Is one better than the other in terms of reliablity or any other reason?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Is First Data the only option when it comes to processing when using Cryptopay? I called them to set up an account, but was wondering if there were cheaper options.
I believe First Dat is the only choice. The Chicagoland Car Wash association negotiated a deal with First Data so the rate seemed OK.

The actula costs have averaged below 5.4% / month of gross on the combined SS and Tunnel CC Revenue.