What's new

cost to upgrade coinwash

ANDYS

Reaction score
Can some guy post photos of there self serve bays
not sure to go to a basic coin aceptor or nice digitel one

MEP001

Reaction score
What are you hoping to gain from an equipment upgrade?

ANDYS

Reaction score
Just want to give a face lift and make it look that it has all the bells and
whistles

ANDYS

Reaction score
Any recomendations what improved your carwash business

MEP001

Reaction score
ANDYS said:
Any recomendations what improved your carwash business
First you said you want to upgrade whole car wash, then you said you want a face lift. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you have old equipment that you can't fix or does it just look bad?

ANDYS

Reaction score
The carwash needs new facelift and some new equipment and that what i said
from the start of the post

MEP001

Reaction score
You probably won't see any improvement in business from new equipment in the room. If what you have is working reliably, you can add features for a lot less than replacing everything.

If you're going to upgrade the coin boxes, you'd be wise to add credit card acceptance at the same time.

ANDYS

Reaction score
You probably won't see any improvement in business from new equipment in the room. If what you have is working reliably, you can add features for a lot less than replacing everything.

If you're going to upgrade the coin boxes, you'd be wise to add credit card acceptance at the same time.
Thanks For reply you recommend any good coin boxs

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Andy…

Take some photos of the property, from a variety of locations. Then, wait a day or two before you look at them.

Now, look…what do you see? Peeling paint? Dirty walls? Weeds growing in the cracks? You’ll be surprised at what you didn’t see when your feet were on the property.

What you see in the photos is what your customer’s see when they drive onto the property. Is it attractive? Would you want to patronize your business? What can you do to improve the appearance?

Next, wash your car in every bay. Does everything in every bay work the same? Fix it if it doesn’t.

Are the bay instruction signs bright and shiny? Are they colorful and informative? Are there too many signs?

Do the coin acceptors work flawlessly? Do the bill changers work flawlessly? Do the vacuums suck…or do they “suck”? Do the vendors vend?

1 Make improvements that customer’s can see.
2 Make functions that customer’s use work properly
3 Update meter boxes, changers, vacuums, vending if needed…display timers, last minute alert, multi-coin acceptors, credit card acceptance, etc are all important but only after everything else works to expectations. Otherwise, the effort and expense will be fruitless.

Prioritize…fix and improve first…update later.

ANDYS

Reaction score
Andy…

Take some photos of the property, from a variety of locations. Then, wait a day or two before you look at them.

Now, look…what do you see? Peeling paint? Dirty walls? Weeds growing in the cracks? You’ll be surprised at what you didn’t see when your feet were on the property.

What you see in the photos is what your customer’s see when they drive onto the property. Is it attractive? Would you want to patronize your business? What can you do to improve the appearance?

Next, wash your car in every bay. Does everything in every bay work the same? Fix it if it doesn’t.

Are the bay instruction signs bright and shiny? Are they colorful and informative? Are there too many signs?

Do the coin acceptors work flawlessly? Do the bill changers work flawlessly? Do the vacuums suck…or do they “suck”? Do the vendors vend?

1 Make improvements that customer’s can see.
2 Make functions that customer’s use work properly
3 Update meter boxes, changers, vacuums, vending if needed…display timers, last minute alert, multi-coin acceptors, credit card acceptance, etc are all important but only after everything else works to expectations. Otherwise, the effort and expense will be fruitless.

Prioritize…fix and improve first…update later.

Yup Agree with you 100%

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Well pleased, it's a good heavy box. I also like the fact that it was set up so that I can unplug a connector and take the whole door inside for repair if I need to.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Andys,

I've read your posts so far and I must say you're just blurting things out and haven't seem to put much thought into it. A few have already asked what you have specifically and what you want to accomplish (ROI). There are likely many things you can do and what you get depends on the info you provide. So what I'm saying is that you need to go do some due diligence, then come back with some good and more specific questions.

Now the 1st thing your not telling everyone is that you're Canadian. That does matter in what you install. For example, because of the canadian coins ($1 & $2) bill acceptors and credit card acceptance isn't a priority.

The lighting discussion has been done to death. LEDs in Ontario still won't pay for themselves...T5HO is the way to go. I looked at the Hydro One Rates, especially after hours (low demand) and the savings can be minimal. So that's the kind of stuff you need to do.

So start form the beginning...you can put more $ in your pocket if you look for ways to save $ (reduce outflow) and if you sell more (increase inflow). Break it all down and look for the easy stuff to change that will give you the best bang for the buck and start working on it. Then ask specific questions about specific items your working on.