What's new

cost to upgrade coinwash

ANDYS

Reaction score
i was wondering what it would cost to upgrade my whole carwash to all the bell and whistles it is a 8 bay
thinking of changing everything from pumps coinmechs etc

Thanks in advance

MEP001

Reaction score
Could be anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 per bay depending on the equipment.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
i was wondering what it would cost to upgrade my whole carwash to all the bell and whistles it is a 8 bay
thinking of changing everything from pumps coinmechs etc

Thanks in advance
My question is "Why" . What do you have now and what are you trying to accomplish?

mac

Reaction score
You can get a lot of bang for the buck by just upgrading the things your customers see and use. This would be the meter boxes, signage and wall covering. Unless your pump room is junk, your customers will never see it.

ANDYS

Reaction score
wow 10 to 25.000 thats alot

well i have old cat pump earl they do the job but i dont have enough pressure
the rebuild kits are pretty expensive

The coinmechs are old

dont have bay timers

Thanks for your replys

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You can get a lot of bang for the buck by just upgrading the things your customers see and use. This would be the meter boxes, signage and wall covering. Unless your pump room is junk, your customers will never see it.
Exactly, and Upgrade does not neccessarily mean replace. Clean fronts with new decals, Ad credit cards and or bill acceptors.

Plus you can do the busiest bays first to see what the payback is if you are looking to ad CC or bill acceptors.

I have always wondered about the "Cost" of adding more functions, say if you are wired for 8, and want to go to 12. with a place that's 20 years old who knows if you could pull a replacement wire thru the conduits, and if not that would ad significantly to the expense.

Are there systems out there now usiing Cat 5 or 6 cables instead of multi conductor cables? Any Systems that are Wireless from the Bay to the equipment room?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
wow 10 to 25.000 thats alot

well i have old cat pump earl they do the job but i dont have enough pressure
the rebuild kits are pretty expensive

The coinmechs are old

dont have bay timers
My last replacement pumps cost me $555.00. If you replace like for like you will not need mounting rails or pulley. The first thing I would check is make sure the regulater is not bypassing.

If the mechs work, age is irrelevant. A good clenaing may resolve some issues.

What stops and starts the bays if you don't have timers?

ANDYS

Reaction score
earl i am talking aboat digital timer that show how much time left to wash

Randy

Reaction score
We remodeled a 5 bay last summer. Added new meter boxes, Credit cards, Bill validators, there all gone now, camera system, new paneling, lighting, pumping equipment, vending and bill changers. We did 99% of the work ourselves, total cost $135.000. We turned the car wash into car wash beautiful. I wouldn’t do it again.

ANDYS

Reaction score
We remodeled a 5 bay last summer. Added new meter boxes, Credit cards, Bill validators, there all gone now, camera system, new paneling, lighting, pumping equipment, vending and bill changers. We did 99% of the work ourselves, total cost $135.000. We turned the car wash into car wash beautiful. I wouldn’t do it again.

You wouldnt do it again ?
did your business volume improve alot

ANDYS

Reaction score
for sure i have to change coin mech and timers

right now i have a normal dial coinbox selector

tire cleaner
pre soak
foam brush
high pressure soap
high pressure rinse
spotfree

will have to change lights

1carwash1

Reaction score
With all the closures and bankruptcies, their is a lot of nice pre-owned car wash equipment available. If you look around you will probably find what you are looking for at a reasonable price.

ANDYS

Reaction score
With all the closures and bankruptcies, their is a lot of nice pre-owned car wash equipment available. If you look around you will probably find what you are looking for at a reasonable price.
Thanks will check around

ANDYS

Reaction score
for sure i have to change coin mech and timers

right now i have a normal dial coinbox selector

tire cleaner
pre soak
foam brush
high pressure soap
high pressure rinse
spotfree

will have to change lights
forgot to add wax
also what other option do you guys recommend

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have an (8) position rotary switch including "Stop"...

Here is what I have from top center ccw rotation.

Stop
HP Wax
HP Rinse
HP Soap
FB
Pre-Soak
S.F.Rinse
Tri-Foam

vinh

Reaction score
go to carwashconsignment.com and check out there used equipment listings: jim coleman supersaver. You can get a system for less than $25,000. They are a workhorse, I have a 15 year old 6 bay supersaver and 12 year old 3 bay supersaver that is running great. Cat pumps although loud are easy to maintain and repair.

ANDYS

Reaction score
go to carwashconsignment.com and check out there used equipment listings: jim coleman supersaver. You can get a system for less than $25,000. They are a workhorse, I have a 15 year old 6 bay supersaver and 12 year old 3 bay supersaver that is running great. Cat pumps although loud are easy to maintain and repair.
Thanks i was wondering if you recommend anymore selection in the for the self serve

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks i was wondering if you recommend anymore selection in the for the self serve
I think Mr. Hoffmam has 5 booms in some (all?) of his bays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPni54XzLc

You are limited by your imagination. Possibilities include

Seperate boom for triple foam

Seperate boom for a wheel / tire brush.

I think he ran a seperate compressed air line function with a trigger gun regulated down to 60 PSI.

He also has an overhead blower! See above video.

Compressed air line for tire inflation? Don't know anyone doing it.

Blast O dry type unit.

Rain X or similar type product - Watch the cost. It may be prohibitive. It's one thing to spend 50cents in product for a $2-$3 seller in a tunnle 30 second application but that would be a killer cost for a SS. Perhaps some operators offering this can provide a rain X time / cost factor for SS.

ANDYS

Reaction score
earl that very nice he has spent alot of money on his self serve bays
i wonder if every bay has these options

Etowah