What's new

Correct height for a bill changer

lilb93

Reaction score
Going to install a bill changer in a wash we got last year. Have to build a new wall.and put in double set of Steel doors, there wood now and a 3 year old could kick them in. Anyone know the correct height to put it in at.
Never did block work so it will be a cluster **** or a total waist of time or it may work. Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "correct" height. A rule of thumb I have used, is to place it at a height where it would be comfortable for a 5' tall woman (or man) to use. Someone this height is not unusual, and placing it at a convenient height for them is not going to inconvenience a tall person.

Randy

Reaction score
I like to install them so the bill validator slot is at around 60 - 64 inches high. I'll try to remember to measure mine the next time I go to the car wash.

MEP001

Reaction score
With new construction the ADA does get involved - the validator slot can't be higher than 48" off the ground. I'd stick to that rule in case someone comes in and wants to make a fuss.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I like to install them so the bill validator slot is at around 60 - 64 inches high. I'll try to remember to measure mine the next time I go to the car wash.
I usually agree with Randy, but not this time. 5' is too high, unless you are a Godzilla sized freak like him :eek:

Randy

Reaction score
This morning I measured the height of my Hamilton DRS Bill changer with Downstacker Mars validators. The bill validator snout is 59” from the ground, the coin cup is 33” from the ground. This just about a prefect height. If the Bill changer validator snout was 48” from the ground the coin cup would down at 21”, too low for most people. While I was there a 5’ 1’” woman used the Bill changer and I asked her if the Bill changer was at a comfortable height for her and said yes, she has no problem using the Bill changer.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Bill slot....61.5 inches...

Coin cup 37 inches....

Etowah