What's new

Clean Walls

Kessler757

Reaction score
I just bought an old 6 bay and the walls have 30yrs of soap and dirt on them.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of a product that will clean them back

to the original brick look?

Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I would suggesting skipping the brick cleaning and cover with FRP or one of the other similar typoe materials.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been using Kleen-Wall by brushing it on instead of spraying - it works much better because I can apply it stronger and it doesn't atomize or splatter so it's safer.

If it's just soap scum and calcium, muriatic acid will usually work, but it's nasty stuff.

chevling

Reaction score
I had better luck with the JBS wall cleaner than Kleen-wall on a wash that hadn't been cleaned in years. The Kleen-wall just wasn't strong enough.

Kessler757

Reaction score
Frp

Earl,

Where did you get your FRP and would you get it from again?

Thanks

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I would suggesting skipping the brick cleaning and cover with FRP or one of the other similar typoe materials.

Kessler757

Reaction score
Muriatic Acid

Where can you purchas Muriatic Acid?

The bays have not been clean in years... I will try the Kleen Wall brushing it on.

How long did you let it stay on before you sprayed it off?

Is the high presure wash in the bay good enough to wash off?

Thanks

I've been using Kleen-Wall by brushing it on instead of spraying - it works much better because I can apply it stronger and it doesn't atomize or splatter so it's safer.

If it's just soap scum and calcium, muriatic acid will usually work, but it's nasty stuff.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes the high pressure is good enough just be sure to be 2-3" from the wall with the wand and start from bottom to top

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Before and After pictures using Kleen Wall from AP Formulators

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

sprocket

Reaction score
How did you apply this and did you have to scrub it with a brush?

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
From my own experience, I can tell you that muriatic acid will bleach the color out of brick if you use it strong enough. I had very good results with Kleen wall.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I applied it 2:1 through a pump up sprayer let it sit 5 mins and high pressured it off from bottom to top with no scrubbing even brought my plastic covers on my washes back to new but there I did have to scrub for those.

gsgriffin

Reaction score

The bays have not been clean in years... I will try the Kleen Wall brushing it on.

Is the high presure wash in the bay good enough to wash off?

Thanks
I believe you can still get muriatic acid at a pool supply store. It has been a long tie since I bought any. Call and make sure first.

Griffin

MEP001

Reaction score
Kessler757 said:
Home Depot, pool supplies section. It was about $3/gallon last time I got some.

Kessler757 said:

I do about 5' at a time and keep it wet. It takes a few minutes to work. I mix it 2:1, I use an old foam brush to apply it and I keep it wet with the brush until the stuff starts coming off. Yes, the high-pressure from the bay is plenty to clean it off. I clean the wall with high-pressure soap and let it dry first since there's usually wax on them that hinders the cleaner.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl,

Where did you get your FRP and would you get it from again?

Thanks
I have bought most thru a local outfit called "Insulated Panel"

They have a good price and I can pick it up to save on Shipping. On occasion I hjave gotten lesser quantities at Home Depot. Some guys here like the Farm Tech Stuff. I cannot comment on the relative merits of each.

mac

Reaction score
Kessler, all of these products require you to be VERY cautious when applying them. I use NuWall for most cleaning ans wear a respirator with a filter for acid fumes, a complete rain suit with hood, rubber gloves and boots. Your bay high pressure may work but a 3000 psi washer works faster. Muriatic acid is available through most hardware or pool supply stores.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Most wall cleaners are acidic and contain some dangerous chemicals so use very carefully. Read the ingredients carefully and follow all the safety precautions. Watch out especially for those that contain fluoride. The most common forms used are Hydrofluoric Acid, Ammonium Fluoride and Ammonium Fluoride. Even when diluted these chemicals can cause damage to your lungs, bones, eyes and skin and in extreme cases they can even be fatal.