What's new

Classified Ads...

Twodose

Reaction score
Bill,

Have you ever considered putting in a classifieds section that only the people that are members of the forum could buy, sell, or trade parts or equipment? No commercial use or the selling of bulk items.

I see some forums that have this such as satelliteguys.us, it would benefit all of us in the business since we usually know what we want and are looking to purchase.

I’m sure we all have something lying around that could benefit the other if we had a good, safe way to communicate this information, it would be good for all the members.

Thanks

mac

Reaction score
Hey, just wait a darn minute. My ad has been there for a couple of months. What am I? Chopped liver?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Jackson and I are making some decisions on new ideas. We had to wait until Mac spent a few more bucks with us:)

mac

Reaction score
OK on a more serious note, the lack of ads (other than mine) is a comment on users opinions of them. I have a whole bunch of good used equipmentr that I would like to sell but listing them seperately probably wouldn't be cost effective. Maybe something like a garage sale format might be better? And I have absolutely no idea how that would work.

Twodose

Reaction score
Listing the items you have for sale in a post and allowing anyone interested to email you personally and letting them work out the details.

Just giving the users a simple platform to advertise there items.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I forget how many lines that you get in a classified ad, but it is a lot and you can list a bunch of stuff add a pix, etc. all for $10 a month, you might give it a try before thinking that its a waste.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with the classified being ineffective is that no one remembers that we even have them here. Didn't one of the old forum versions rotate one ad into the forum text? I've seen other forums with a paid ad between forum posts, maybe 3 posts, then an ad, or something like that. I think a classified done like this would get all of the classifieds more play. Is that doable?

bighead

Reaction score
maybe its a volume thing. Maybe buys don't look, and listers don't list because there's not a wealth of things to look over.

Perhaps $5 for a unlimited listing, and $1 a month would drive siginificant enough volume to keep people interested in checking it out from time to time, and enough $$ to make it worth Bill's hassle.

There are plenty enough sites that offer used car wash stuff, but I'm sure they don't have the daily volume like this site does....

http://freecarwashclassifieds.com/
http://talkcarwash.com/ads
http://www.carwashconsignment.com/wiki/CWC/RecentListings

Twodose

Reaction score
02/08/13

2-Rowe BA-50 Transports. In excellent shape.

Power supply. Works Great

Computer board updated for new bills. Gotta have it.

Wiring Harness. Necissity

2 Bill stacker's One is older style. Both Work Great

4 bill boxes. ya can always get new sponges.

These parts were removed from a Rowe BC-1400 to install a Genesis upgrade kit.

All parts are in really great condition, all in working condition when removed.

I take good care of my equipment.

Shipping
Box's are"

Hoppers - 17x17x19 / 15lb

P.S. - 18x18x16 / 41 lb

Stackers - 18x18x16 / 30lb

Ba-50 Validators each box is - 10x12x6 / both are 4lbs.

So see I could not post this here. kennyb53@pt.net

I don't know the shipping , it could be 50-$60 bucks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
But you junked the ad up with a bunch of unnecessary stuff. The bottom half about shipping boxes is not needed. Anyone who needs these parts will know how big they are. I could also clean up some unnecessary stuff in your description as well. I don't know how many times I have just passed over an ebay auction because it just rambled on and on like a PC dollar coin/scientific study post. K.I.S.S. is the best way for an ad.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Photos would be the best description then the buyer would know if it was what he/she was looking for!

Twodose

Reaction score
But you junked the ad up with a bunch of unnecessary stuff. The bottom half about shipping boxes is not needed. Anyone who needs these parts will know how big they are. I could also clean up some unnecessary stuff in your description as well. I don't know how many times I have just passed over an ebay auction because it just rambled on and on like a PC dollar coin/scientific study post. K.I.S.S. is the best way for an ad.
Did a copy and paste with all the info I had on notepad to do the ad, it was supposed to be a joke, I thought it would be removed by morning, and don't call me stupid, stupid.

Randy

Reaction score
02/08/13

2-Rowe BA-50 Transports. In excellent shape.

Power supply. Works Great

Computer board updated for new bills. Gotta have it.

Wiring Harness. Necissity

2 Bill stacker's One is older style. Both Work Great

4 bill boxes. ya can always get new sponges.

These parts were removed from a Rowe BC-1400 to install a Genesis upgrade kit.

All parts are in really great condition, all in working condition when removed.

I take good care of my equipment.

Shipping
Box's are"

Hoppers - 17x17x19 / 15lb

P.S. - 18x18x16 / 41 lb

Stackers - 18x18x16 / 30lb

Ba-50 Validators each box is - 10x12x6 / both are 4lbs.

So see I could not post this here. kennyb53@pt.net

I don't know the shipping , it could be 50-$60 bucks
And the price is?

Etowah