What's new

Car wash Superstore vs Kleen rite

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It can be a good thing when a company assigns a specific account person (not just geographically based either) to one's heavily used account. That is where & why I have had "for the most part" great experiences with KR. A car wash that tends to order in dribbles at time is likely to NOT come out as well with KR it appears.

Having said that ... I remember when the now defunct Specialty Equip started to impose ridiculously high threshold amount for parts & supplies discounts ... even though they had a sales guy stop, deliver & talk & talk & talk endlessly ... it was neither pretty or attractive enough IMHO. When they supposedly eventually had a person who actually lived in our specific city as the new sales guy ... he never did make any effort to call. I think it had something to do with seeking out local clients to go into local competition with us ... not sure ... but that was my impression!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Randy,
That filled the order of 24.
The other 23 arrived 2 weeks earlier.🙄

Randy

Reaction score
Randy,
That filled the order of 24.
The other 23 arrived 2 weeks earlier.🙄
You didn't say that you'd ordered 24. Your post made it sound like you ordered 1 valve. I have to agree that 1 - 1/4" valve in a big box is over kill.

MEP001

Reaction score
I always place large orders with Kleen-Rite and have received many of those "one item" boxes, so I knew exactly what he meant.

wyatt

Reaction score
At kleen rite always put in the notes to ship as one complete order from one location. That took care of the issue for me.

MC3033

Reaction score
I wish Kleen rite would drop ship more often. It is especially annoying when I order 10 of the same things and 9 come. Then they wait till the 10th comes and ship it. Why not drop ship all 10 if you don’t have the stock?

I have noticed more and more items we buy for the washes on Amazon. Prices are usually the same as Kleen rite but no shipping cost + 2 day shipping on prime is a win

MEP001

Reaction score
I wish Kleen rite would drop ship more often. It is especially annoying when I order 10 of the same things and 9 come. Then they wait till the 10th comes and ship it. Why not drop ship all 10 if you don’t have the stock?
Because Kleen-Rite has to pay the drop-ship fees, which they'd just have to pass along to you. They place bulk orders so they can either spread incoming shipping/freight across a larger order to save money, or they work out deals for prepaid.

MC3033

Reaction score
Because Kleen-Rite has to pay the drop-ship fees, which they'd just have to pass along to you. They place bulk orders so they can either spread incoming shipping/freight across a larger order to save money, or they work out deals for prepaid.
In the scenario I put above Kleen rite now charges me 2 shipping fees. First for 9 products then for 1. If they drop ship it’s only 1 box and less shipping cost.

I don’t propose they drop ship everything, only things they don’t have in stock for a full order. Sonny’s has done this a few times before

MEP001

Reaction score
In the scenario I put above Kleen rite now charges me 2 shipping fees. First for 9 products then for 1. If they drop ship it’s only 1 box and less shipping cost.
You're right, I wasn't thinking about an order of just ten of one thing. FWIW, some of their vendors don't do drop-ships, or won't do it unless it's an emergency in which case they only ship next-day air, or if it doesn't meet a minimum dollar amount. Some also charge an insane handling fee where you're better off with Kleen-Rite shipping one count separately.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I placed an order from KR for some cryptopay decals online and in the notes said something like "Ship via US Mail" IIRC they shipped first class or priority and the charges were reasonable ($5 I think). That is an option. However the US Mail seems to be having backlog issues right now. It took two weeks for me to get something I bought on ebay shipped priority mail.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for any company but supply chain issues, covid, and shipping rates have been challenges for a lot of businesses in the past year. I've found the best thing to do to keep me out of a pinch is carry ample spare parts and take advantage of shipping specials if I can.

OurTown

Reaction score
I placed an order from KR for some cryptopay decals online and in the notes said something like "Ship via US Mail" IIRC they shipped first class or priority and the charges were reasonable ($5 I think). That is an option.
We did the same thing for some pump parts and it was only $4.47 for shipping.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It's been "fun", to say the least. Next day air can mean up to a week regardless of carrier and there is usually no recourse.
Wow ... what could get even scarier ... is if a manufacturer was not allowed to drop ship?

Roz

Reaction score
$20 in small coin return parts (6) sent in a huge box stuffed with paper for $19 in shipping fees. Wish someone would attend Amazon's shipping course to learn how to cost effectively package and ship parts from a warehouse.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
$20 in small coin return parts (6) sent in a huge box stuffed with paper for $19 in shipping fees. Wish someone would attend Amazon's shipping course to learn how to cost effectively package and ship parts from a warehouse.
How much should it have been? The Amazon packages I've gotten are pretty poorly packaged. Last weekend on one of my rare occasions of being at the car wash while customers were there. I got talking with a customer and I asked him where he worked, his reply was Amazon. I asked him how that was going and he said it was the WORSE place he'd ever worked at and he was looking for another job because management treat there employees like they are machines. Most of those who work learn pretty fast to start looking for another job shortly after they start.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I don't know why y'all still messing with Kleen rite carwash superstore is where it's at I keep telling y'all that.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
BTW guys a reminder, Free shipping in February at KR for any order of $750 or more. Mention the Kleen Scene newsletter.

Bucci

Reaction score
I have only bought from Car Wash Superstore this year. The price is a little higher on some items but the free shipping with membership is worth it. Its nice to talk to a person every time you call and their customer service is superior to Kleenrite.
Any chance you know an installer in Orlando Fl. ? I have a single Kleen rite unit. 703-402-2286

Etowah