What's new

Car wash Superstore vs Kleen rite

fastlx

Reaction score
Opinions on both.. Seems like Kleen-Rite has a much bigger selection but freight is stupid expensive? Let me know what ya'll think..

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I pick CWS every chance I get customer service is still mom & pops style blows them away and shipping is free if you pay the $100 elite program it's a no brainer and I still trade with kleen rite but no where as much as I used to because the service is is that much better at cws. I can call them and talk to the same people everytime

OurTown

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite has a much larger in stock selection but Car Wash Superstore can get most anything except those KR branded chemicals and value items. CWS has much better customer service and an actual person answers the phone. KR customer service has been borderline incompetent this year for us. Most times prices are comparable but sometimes KR beats CWS. Shipping prices suck at KR but CWS has the $99/year free shipping program.(does not include chemicals larger than 1 gal or equipment/bulky items) KR's website and search feature are far superior to CWS's site. (the search in particular is awful) Like Thomas said we also try to use CWS first if possible.

water guy

Reaction score
You know the quality of Shipping from KLEEN-RITE Suck.Prox Switches on the bottom solenoid stems no packing no time is taken to pack and ship correctly its all about $$$

Eric H

Reaction score
Don't forget the often overlooked Autowashonline.com Prices are as good and sometimes better than KR. They gave me a quote on new vacuums that no one else could come close to beating.

APW

Reaction score
I have only bought from Car Wash Superstore this year. The price is a little higher on some items but the free shipping with membership is worth it. Its nice to talk to a person every time you call and their customer service is superior to Kleenrite.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Been pretty happy with both. Pricing on most common items are head to head. KR has better selection, CWSS has better customer service. Will probably continue to use both.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I buy with CWS with everything I can with their free shipping option. Their communication is awesome with great emails telling me the status of their shipping with tracking numbers. If they don't have something they call me! Never had that done with KR- you wait for it to show up and it never does.

JustClean

Reaction score
Honestly? Kleen-Rite suck!
Major dramas with "customer service". Too many to post. Tried to lodge a complaint and ended up with the same person. I just avoid them since.

Today while looking for a stereo system I ended on Sonos' website. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this on their support page:
"Want to email our CEO, Patrick Spence, directly? Click here"
Wow! That is customer service! And it is not a small company!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not sure what the major dramas with customer service would be. In my experience, KRs, orders have been 99%+ accurate. I'll make big orders with dozens if not hundreds of small parts and if I find a problem with it I almost always trace it to an error on my part. I do not expect advice from their sales reps. If I need technical help I would likely call another company such as dultmeier.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I pretty much always order from them but I will say one thing. For a company with 5 locations in NV,PA, MO, and TX....their shipping SUCKS. Slow.

The absolute best (fastest regular processing + shipping) shipping I've ever experienced was from PressureTek( I own a commercial pressure washing company and buy supplies there).

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
What is complete bullshit with Kleen Rite is they have no live inventory on their website. You have to call in if you want to know if they have a part in stock. Otherwise its basically order and pray...

If they don't have it they backorder it (without telling you) & ship it to you with additional shipping cost a month later...how helpful of them. They are clearly out of touch with how a car wash business operates.

MEP001

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your high pressure and foam brush hoses from? I have been using Kleen-Rite, but they get something wrong on every order. Windtrax always gets them right, but then I have to pay shipping, which I always get free from Kleen-Rite.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Recently got 2 wrong items in a KR order. Called them Did not need to return the small items and they immediately sent the missing items at no charge.

wyatt

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your high pressure and foam brush hoses from? I have been using Kleen-Rite, but they get something wrong on every order. Windtrax always gets them right, but then I have to pay shipping, which I always get free from Kleen-Rite.
Try discounthydrolichose.com. I use them for my high pressure hoses on my vectors. They are way cheaper than anyone else I've found plus their hoses hold up very well IMO.

MEP001

Reaction score
Recently got 2 wrong items in a KR order. Called them Did not need to return the small items and they immediately sent the missing items at no charge.
I agree they're quick to fix their mistakes, but they make so damn many, usually on something I really need. Some of the things they do I can't help but wonder if they do on purpose, like sending their brand of something instead of the brand I order, which they always manage to get right on the invoice. FYI, their spot remover smells like beer and feet.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
FYI, their spot remover smells like beer and feet.
because of high shipping costs I've started home brewing all my carpet cleaning products. Try 8-12 oz of simple green (I use lemon scented) in water or anti freeze windshield washer fluid, You can also use Meguiar's all purpose cleaner in the same way.