What's new

Car wash canopies Jim Lewis

Etowah

Billbo

Reaction score
Do not buy from Car Wash Canopies. Jim Lewis took several thousand from me over 2 yrs ago and never delivered my product. Just one lie after another. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

traveler17

Reaction score
Do not buy from Car Wash Canopies. Jim Lewis took several thousand from me over 2 yrs ago and never delivered my product. Just one lie after another. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
So you bought from this guy anyways after hearing about how sorry he was????

slash007

Reaction score
So you bought from this guy anyways after hearing about how sorry he was????
Lol I don't get it. Reminds me of a news story I heard a couple week ago. An old lady got scammed out of 7k. Said she knew she was getting scammed, but kept listening to the guy and giving him money anyway. Now wants other to know her story.

Billbo

Reaction score
I made the down payment before I checked on this forum. No doubt I made a mistake and didn't do my homework and yes, just like the old lady you referenced, I do want others to know.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
We used to have a Dedicated Section on this Form to reveiw Distributors and it disappeared years ago would be very helpful but I guess it stepped on to many toes and feelings.

slash007

Reaction score
I made the down payment before I checked on this forum. No doubt I made a mistake and didn't do my homework and yes, just like the old lady you referenced, I do want others to know.
If he's still around, always good to remind others of how bad he is. Where in Ky are you?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have 2 very nice canopies i may sell. They survived an F4 tornado. Our roof was ripped off & 1 brick wall knocked down. But the canopies made it.
I believe it is either 4 or 5" square poles that are EXTREMELY heavy! Black powder coated. 1 awaning has a small tear in it.
They're large enough to fit a full sized truck underneath, & still go all around w/ hp hose.

DBerst

Reaction score
I just got taken from him also. Told me to wire the money . Said he had no orders heading west and had to wait. Took his website and email down. Any info on his piece of crap? Going to file charges on him . Wire fraud and so on .

traveler17

Reaction score
I just got taken from him also. Told me to wire the money . Said he had no orders heading west and had to wait. Took his website and email down. Any info on his piece of crap? Going to file charges on him . Wire fraud and so on .
How recent was this ?

DBerst

Reaction score
Just of recent . Finally found a cell number called and he said it’s going to ship out the 2nd of January . Told him he had a bunch of bad reviews and his website was down. Made an excuse that he had a bad few years and about sunk his business. He promised me I’ll get it. Not holding my breath.

traveler17

Reaction score
Just of recent . Finally found a cell number called and he said it’s going to ship out the 2nd of January . Told him he had a bunch of bad reviews and his website was down. Made an excuse that he had a bad few years and about sunk his business. He promised me I’ll get it. Not holding my breath.
Good luck , keep us posted

TAnderson

Reaction score
When did you send $? Let's get together and I want to contact the FBI and report him for financial crimes. I am trying to get as many people as we can that he has stolen from

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
When did you send $? Let's get together and I want to contact the FBI and report him for financial crimes. I am trying to get as many people as we can that he has stolen from
The state attorney General where the company is located or whomever deals with fraud in that state may investigate . If the Postal service as used at all the Postal inspectors may get involved.

TAnderson

Reaction score
I had someone contact me who tried to get the attorney General involved and he would not take action. With the dollar amounts involved I'm confident we can go higher up

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I suggested on the facebook group someone could spend a few bucks and start a carwashcanopiesvictims.com (or something similar )website in the hopes of warning others about his practices.

a25744

Reaction score
I just got taken from him also. Told me to wire the money . Said he had no orders heading west and had to wait. Took his website and email down. Any info on his piece of crap? Going to file charges on him

DBerst

Reaction score
Update:
I was informed by one of my parts salesman that Jim filed for Chapter 7 in May of 2023. I called a local attorney with my rights and he told me to take him to collections. I sent Jim a notice in the mail and also a copy of the letter by text. He called immediately because he didn’t understand the letter. I didn’t answer the phone call because I want everything on record. I texted him back saying he has until January 15th to ship out the canopy that he states is ready for shipping or a full refund in 30 days. After that he will be turned in to collections. I did wire Jim $4k for a canopy in September of 2023. I have included the Chapter 7 filing .

Attachments

Etowah