What's new

car wash canopies company

Billbo

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the company Car Wash Canopies?

Billbo

Reaction score
I've seen both good and bad comments about them on this forum.

rgcarwash

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the company Car Wash Canopies?
I bought two canopies from them.. They rusted right away even though he said they were powder-coated. I will try someone different next time.

MEP001

Reaction score

rgcarwash

Reaction score

Billbo

Reaction score
I bought two canopies from them.. They rusted right away even though he said they were powder-coated. I will try someone different next
Is this the same business?

Thats it

WikiWash

Reaction score
That guy was a total nightmare. I was going to have him build me 3 new canopies. He wanted me to wire him money right a way or he would have to charge me more money if I didn't send him the money within 2 days. I had a bad feeling about it so I used a credit card. He gave me the run around for 3 months and said he can't ship them to me bc he doesn't have enough business headed out my way and wanted me to call local car washes in my area to have canopies made so I can get mine shipped. I tried helping him out but no luck. I just wanted my new canopies. He gave me the run around for another couple months and I filed a claim with CC Co. and reversed the charges on my credit card. I'm surprised he's still in business. I ended up working with a local awning canvas company to get my canopies re-wrapped. I should have just done that in the first place.

EcoXpress

Reaction score
Jim Lewis stole 5,675 from us 4 years ago. It seems like he delivers a few canopies just to keep the guise up, but his business is an actual scam. I was able to get a hold of him last week for the first time in years. If he doesn't return the money in the next 30 days, I'm going to organize a group to press criminal charges against him.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might be better off organizing a group and filing a class action suit. I'm not sure you can file criminal charges for what he's doing. Normally you'd file a civil suit, and even then you may or may not get money out of him. If enough people he's ripped off file a class action and ask for interest and court fees, you might ruin him financially.

Blanco

Reaction score
I can't believe this guy is still doing this. HES A POS. When I first purchased my first car wash 8 years I placed a 8k order with him. He gave me run around for months. I know it sucks getting scammed by this guy but here is a good story for you guys to laugh at. I told him I had cousins that own 15 locations and they want to place a order for canopies but they want to see the quality. I made him drive in a u haul from Texas to Michigan with my canopies. He thought he was going to get a 100K deposit for canopies after they see mine. After we unloaded my canopies I told him to go drive to a address two more hours away north to pick up a check. lmaoooo I bet he will never forget that. I was 23 at the time got my canopies and he drove back to Texas knowing he got played by someone half his age lol

mac

Reaction score
Forget lawyers and the courts.. Simply gat a few friends and go visit him. Chances are because of his record he won"t file charges.

MEP001

Reaction score
We used a company called ShadePro. No problems whatsoever and a high-quality product. They're located around San Antonio. www.ShadePro.com.
A friend of mine used them to recover his Coleman canopies. He picked the wrong material because the lights don't come through at night, but they look really good and fit perfectly. They came out and measured the canopies as well as an awning on the building.

Big Splash Car Wash

Reaction score
I am yet another victim of Jim Lewis and Car Wash Canopies Llc. We put 100% down on 8 vacuum canopies and a pay station canopy on July 27th 2020 with a delivery date of September 11th 2020. We received our canopies last week... Over 9 months late. He repeatedly told us that he'd be delivering that weekend for months and months. In addition he said he'd show up with all of the profit he made off of the canopies and return it to us when he showed up. He showed up and brought nothing but excuses. I am very interested in a collective class action law suit to try and shut this guy down. He was an absolutely miserable person to work with and I am sure he's doing the same to other people.