What's new

cant figure out why my bay seems to be starving for water.......PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Your pump stand is a Proline just like mine, maybe a little newer since you have a stainless steel stand. Mine is rusty steel! IMHO, a Mark VII Proline Stand is a very sophisticated, high price in its day, and poorly designed stand when it comes to ease of maintenance.

On to your issue, have you ever looked in the cold water supply tank with all 5 bays running cold water? Do you see a water funnel in the water going into the 2” pipe? Like what you see when you drain the water out of a bathtub. If it’s doing this, its allowing air into the water supply. My 4 bay (12 GPM) never did this, but maybe a 5 bay puts just that much more volume on the 2” pipe it creates this problem? I don’t know, just grabbing at straws.

BTW, I have ditched about everything stock on my pumpstand except for the pumps and motors! I started a log on what I’ve done so far if you’re interested….BTW, I got rid of the problematic 2” supply pipes and went with individual ½” polybraid hot and cold to the erie valves. Works perfectly while also eliminating the need to choke the water supply with valves to draw soap/wax. There is just enough vacuum in the ½” supply lines and barb fittings that allows you to eliminate the valves. I put separate shutoff valves on my SS tanks for maintenance if needed, but not required to draw soap/wax. I run them wide open as shown in the pictures in the thread below.

http://www.autocareforum.com/showth...ld-quot-Mark-VII-Pump-Stand&highlight=modding

csmith

Reaction score
well I figured out my problem I believe, in my storage bin my topaz float valve drops water right above the hole that supplies the pumps and I guess the turbulence from the water dropping right above was putting air pockets in my water supply line and with my 5th bay being the closest to my water supply it was sucking the air through that bay, so I put a hose on the float valve that fed to the bottom of my tank and that seem to fix the problem.